IGNORED

Fundies Threaten to Leave GOP if it Supports LGBT Marriage

Anxious Girl

Lolz! I love it when they eat their own - huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/12/tony-perkins-gay-marriage_n_3069298.html. If they appeal to the younger crowd who accepts LGBT people; they'll lose their older crowd of financial bigots, but if they lose the younger crowd, the news will continue to expose them. Either way, they lose! :D

Good. The ultra-fiscal-conservatives can't win without the poor and middle class fundies voting against their own financial interests because of social issues like abortion and the gay, and the fundies can't win without the ultra-fiscal-conservatives holding their noses on the social issues because they think taxes are theft and the poor should be beaten to death with oversized copies of Atlas Shrugged. Then they both lose unless they suddenly become more reasonable in order to attract centrists again.

If I wasn't such a leftie, I'd consider joining the Repubs and start preaching about equality from the ranks to help the fundie fools get to the doors faster.

But since republican party values are mostly all abhorrent to me, I'll just pop some corn and watch the bigots lose on this issue.

Honestly, the Constitution Party is a better fit for them anyway. Not that I really want to see the Constitution Party become viable in major elections-- I think they're alarming theocrats-- but I can say from personal experience that there's something cathartic about voting for a candidate you would actually like to see win, rather than one who bothers you less than the other options.

Good! Let the party go back to being a moderate right wing party.

I feel sorry for people in the USA who want to vote for a right wing party, but aren't bigoted asshats.

Wouldn't it be awesome if the Republican Party could once become a party with values that represent the rest of America? It just seem like for much of the last couple of decades, they've been sliding towards the right and advocating these fringy ideas that goes against their own concept of "small government". It's time that moderate Republicans get a place in the sun. Heck, it's time that other things that are NOT social values are considered important on the party platform.

I feel sorry for people in the USA who want to vote for a right wing party, but aren't bigoted asshats.

Meanwhile I feel sorry for Americans who want to vote for a left-wing party, because their Democrats are like our Conservatives.

Maybe if the teabaggers leave the Republicans, the Republicans will become more centrist, which will move the Democrats further left ^_^

Meanwhile I feel sorry for Americans who want to vote for a left-wing party, because their Democrats are like our Conservatives.

Maybe if the teabaggers leave the Republicans, the Republicans will become more centrist, which will move the Democrats further left ^_^

:clap: QFT!

I do too. I know several Republicans who are pro gay marriage and have encountered problems because of their stance.

They're going to leave? Where do they plan on going. They're sure not voting Democrat.

We don't have a real left here. We have far far right, and slightly less far right. These our choices.

Why don't they all pitch their money and buy an island somewhere else? Then they can tote their guns/ wave their flags of glory /spew hateful speech wherever and whenever they want.

I also know a lot of Republicans who believe in marriage equality, are pro-choice, and aren't pushing fundamentalism for the entire country. While I'm a liberal through and through and don't agree with the fiscal conservative way of thinking, I do respect that viewpoint as valid. The fundies seriously need to just find their own creepy island to live out their closedminded, extremist way of life and leave the rest of us the hell alone.

I also know a lot of Republicans who believe in marriage equality, are pro-choice, and aren't pushing fundamentalism for the entire country. While I'm a liberal through and through and don't agree with the fiscal conservative way of thinking, I do respect that viewpoint as valid. The fundies seriously need to just find their own creepy island to live out their closedminded, extremist way of life and leave the rest of us the hell alone.

I can respect a certain degree of fiscal conservatism even though I don't agree, but the extent of it in today's Republican party is as horrifying to me as the fundamentalism. I mean, the worship of the likes of Ayn Rand, the absolute refusal to increase taxes on the rich in any way, even by closing loopholes that allow tax avoidance only for the supremely wealthy, and the insistence on gutting public education, health care, student aid, and any other program that helps anyone who isn't making ~$1mil+/year while insisting that there's nothing wrong with the size of the defense budget, which is something insane like larger than the next 26 largest defense budgets of other countries, 25 of which are our allies, the refusal to consider any regulations on Wall Street despite those banks now being even bigger and just as crazy as they were prior to the crash....that side of the party also needs a wake-up call. People die because of those policies the same way they die when abortion is made illegal or gay-bashing is accepted and encouraged.

Archived