IGNORED

Parents put gay 16 year old daughter up for adoption

doggie

What a set of horrible parents and Christians. The poor girl I can't even imagine how she feels. Totally against the bible but prayer said it was ok. I am so pissed at these worthless excuses for parents.

http://www.fark.com/cgi/go.pl?i=7686543

A Southern Carolina couple have made national news by being the first parents to put their child up for adoption due to their sexuality. Usually parents give up their children because they can’t raise them due to finances or because they are young and don’t have the mental ability to bring up a child. Kids are also usually given up for adoption at a young age, but April Chadwell is barely 16 years old and has been listed as legally adoptable by the state of Southern Carolina. Mrs. Chadwell released a statement saying “It was a tough choice to give up our daughter to the state, but we don’t know how to handle someone who decides to live a lifestyle that we do not agree withâ€. The Chadwells said they had help from their local church, who prayed for weeks seeking guidance for the couple and came to the conclusion that it would be best to let the child go in hopes of being adopted by a gay friendly family.

What a set of horrible parents and Christians. The poor girl I can't even imagine how she feels. Totally against the bible but prayer said it was ok. I am so pissed at these worthless excuses for parents.

A Southern Carolina couple have made national news by being the first parents to put their child up for adoption due to their sexuality. Usually parents give up their children because they can’t raise them due to finances or because they are young and don’t have the mental ability to bring up a child. Kids are also usually given up for adoption at a young age, but April Chadwell is barely 16 years old and has been listed as legally adoptable by the state of Southern Carolina. Mrs. Chadwell released a statement saying “It was a tough choice to give up our daughter to the state, but we don’t know how to handle someone who decides to live a lifestyle that we do not agree withâ€. The Chadwells said they had help from their local church, who prayed for weeks seeking guidance for the couple and came to the conclusion that it would be best to let the child go in hopes of being adopted by a gay friendly family.

Well they should fucking LEARN how to "handle" her. Parenting isn't about giving up when it gets hard you despicable excuses for human beings! :angry-cussingblack:

Isn't this satire? :evil-eye: but fundies are so crazy it's hard to tell.

Isn't this satire? :evil-eye: but fundies are so crazy it's hard to tell.

I hope it's satire.

Isn't it sad that it's not 100% obvious?

Oops guess it is. Hard to tell on my phone. Sad when this thing does happen. Well they are just thrown out of the house as that's easier.

Satire or not. I bet you any hypothetical gay 16 year old would be adopted super quick. In a way I wish any child who would be rejected by their family for their sexual identity had the opportunity to be loved and accepted in this way.

Satire or not. I bet you any hypothetical gay 16 year old would be adopted super quick. In a way I wish any child who would be rejected by their family for their sexual identity had the opportunity to be loved and accepted in this way.

That's how I felt when I read the topic. My first thought was WTF but then I wondered if it may all work out for the best since it would probably lead (especially with news coverage) with the teen finding adoptive parents who would support her.

Im so glad this is fake.

Unfortunately, there are people who throw their gay children out of the house :( Putting a kid up for adoption for that reason is bad, but throwing them out is worse cause theres no guarantee that theyre going to even have a home.

Upon reading I thought it might be satire and glad it was. However, let's just say it was a real situation: could someone at the age of 16 be legally emancipated if they wanted instead of adopted? Just wondering. I guess it could depend on the state.

Hell, I would adopt her if the story were true. I have 2 teenage nieces and a nephew she could call cousins and friends.

Fake - but possible. My husband's mother gave up on him when he was 15 or so because she found evidence that he was sleeping with his girlfriend and had smoked pot. Her amazingly novel solution? Send him to live with her ex-husband i.e. his alcoholic father!!!

Great parenting. I still resent her for what she did to him. Revenge ending: we put her in a shitty nursing home last year. Bwahaha.

nokidsmom, the emancipated minor thing varies from state to state. A quick search makes it look like in Southern California a minor child has to have potential adoptive parents to terminate their parents parental rights, but I might be looking in the wrong section.

Yes, emancipation is legal in South-ern Carolina at 16. In fact until the last decade, we're adults at 17. That fact saved at least some of my sanity

The sad thing is, this could totally happen. Although one would wonder if it wasn't the more merciful act, in the end. Scars from having been rejected by the parents who raised you notwithstanding.

The sad thing is, this could totally happen. Although one would wonder if it wasn't the more merciful act, in the end. Scars from having been rejected by the parents who raised you notwithstanding.

I'm super glad this is satire. I have a friend who was kicked out of his house at 17 when he came out to his parents. They haven't spoken to him since (we're 38 now). I completely believed the headline, unfortunately.

I'm super glad this is satire. I have a friend who was kicked out of his house at 17 when he came out to his parents. They haven't spoken to him since (we're 38 now). I completely believed the headline, unfortunately.

I just don't understand how parents can do this. I know, I know, it happens, but how can parents like this live with themselves? How can they go on for years without contact, without knowing or caring how their own flesh and blood is doing? Ugh.

So here's my question: If pro-lifers (who're Christian) are so pro-life, would they abort fetuses if they thought that the fetuses could be LGBT? :think:

This story was making the rounds a few months ago. It's satire, fortunately.

So here's my question: If pro-lifers (who're Christian) are so pro-life, would they abort fetuses if they thought that the fetuses could be LGBT? :think:

Exactly. Once, I saw a bumper sticker that said, "If the fetus you save turns out to be gay, would you still fight for its rights?" My belief is that if there were a way to determine sexual orientation during pregnancy, those who are anti abortion now might change their views.

This story was making the rounds a few months ago. It's satire, fortunately.

Well it is actually better then what these types of parents do now and that's just to kick them out and make them homeless. That's better for them as no one knows about it.

This part proved to me it was fake. True Believers (patent pending) would not seek out a gay friendly family, they would send her off for reprogramming, beat her into submission physically, emotionally and intellectually, and maybe marry her off immediately because everyone knows that most gay people just need a good screw by a straight lover.

Archived