merrily

Remember Michelle yapping in about everyone living in Florida or some crap? The duggars' trip to china had them take the subway and we did see some really uncomfortable faces. Would it enter their heads that this is what overpopulation looks like?? Or should we be all blessed by jebus to have a boatload of babies?

Remember Michelle yapping in about everyone living in Florida or some crap? The duggars' trip to china had them take the subway and we did see some really uncomfortable faces. Would it enter their heads that this is what overpopulation looks like?? Or should we be all blessed with jebus to have a boatload of babies?

Ha! Good question... I'm guessing they would never put 2 and 2 together that way...

Logic? Whats that?

Michelle and Jimbob dont have logic. They will probably think that all they need to do is convert to Christianity and start praying and God will make the country bigger so everyone can fit in and have 19 of their own children to neglect.

The kids dont have any idea about logic and likely didnt notice anything other than "There are loads of people here and theyre too close and I dont like this, ewwww heathen germs" as thinking is not in the SOTDRT curriculum.

I think the uncomfortable faces from the subway didn't last. Mullet and Boob will never think deeply about overpopulation. A huge problem with them is that they don't think about other issues related to overpopulation. The "world can fit into Jacksonville" spiel was something started by Gothard IIRC. Boob answered with that in a Q&A episode a year or two ago. He used that answer to try to say that there is enough space in the world for people. He and Mullet don't realize that overpopulation problems are more about resources than space. They don't realize that resources are limited in some parts of the world. They probably don't realize that not all land is arable either. Mullet was videotaped by CBN IIRC saying that overpopulation is myth. Michael K from dlisted posted that video on his site and it went viral on other sites. Boob tried to defend Mullet on camera at a campaign event.

You know, it's pretty sad to see how these kids have been hindered in their education and thinking. They have no way of processing what they see and experience on thess trips other than a "yuck, it's different".

I don't see it happening. If any of the kids did use critical thinking to figure it out, they wouldn't say anything for fear of the prayer closet.

I don't see it happening. If any of the kids did use critical thinking to figure it out, they wouldn't say anything for fear of the prayer closet.

With so many people in that house, there must be nonstop chaos. If I were one of the older girls I'd probably try to get sent to the prayer closet at least once a day just for the peace and quiet, and maybe a nap. :)

When they got to Japan and commented on how crowded it was, I really wanted someone to point out everyone on the planet could fit into Jacksonville, Florida (that's they talking point). Maybe they'd learn what per capita means.

You know, for once, just once, I wish someone interviewing them would call them out on their crap. They spew the same stuff to all sorts of different media outlets, not just the fundie groups, you'd think someone would say "hey, wait a sec, what about X?" I mean, really, no one has pointed out the fail in the Jacksonville argument they also make? Not once? Why?

I was thinking exactly the same when I watched the China & Japan episodes. WTF? Don't they "get" it?? I believe they were also uncomfortable crossing the street in Japan because of the amount of people and how fast you have to cross. Well imagine crossing the street or getting on a subway train if everyone (including the population of China & Japan) lived in that small area that they mentioned the entire world's population can live in. It made me laugh out loud when Boob I suppose it was, said let's wait for a train that's less crowded, yeah right Boob!!

You know, for once, just once, I wish someone interviewing them would call them out on their crap. They spew the same stuff to all sorts of different media outlets, not just the fundie groups, you'd think someone would say "hey, wait a sec, what about X?" I mean, really, no one has pointed out the fail in the Jacksonville argument they also make? Not once? Why?

I'm pretty sure that they won't be interviewed by anyone who would ask even remotely hard questions. It is always the fluffy stuff.

I also wish something like that would happen. They mentioned the Jacksonville crap on one of the Q&A episodes and the next day they were slammed here on FJ, twop, and IMDB. I wonder if someone out there let's say a scientist wrote to TLC blasting them for the Jacksonville thing. Mullet mentioned overpopulation being a myth to a Christian network and of course nobody from a Christian outlet would question that. I believe the Duggars will be called out on their stupidity someday. Michael K from dlisted mocked the Jacksonville thing and Mulley in a bit of a rauncy way, but she had it coming.

I honestly believe that seeing overpopulation in foreign countries would make them feel the need to have MORE children. Because QF families often view their rapid reproduction as "building warriors for God's kingdom" to combat the rising number of "infidels." Seeing massive numbers of non-Christians in China or Japan would impress on them even more the need to raise the number of Christian offspring.

According to Duggar logic: Smugger who has no work ethic can have a business of his own, but Jana and Jill aren't allowed to find husbands or get real jobs. These people are crazy.

I would like to see them on the trains in japan. they have people in uniforms that are there to shove people into the trains and pack them in. Imagine the Nike going on in that train well if anyone could move that is.

_X8dGGedxDc

I honestly believe that seeing overpopulation in foreign countries would make them feel the need to have MORE children. Because QF families often view their rapid reproduction as "building warriors for God's kingdom" to combat the rising number of "infidels." Seeing massive numbers of non-Christians in China or Japan would impress on them even more the need to raise the number of Christian offspring.

I agree, reproduction for "God's kingdom" is part of the Duggars' logic. But they don't think that one of their kids will leave Christianity. It will happen. I predict at least one kid will become agnostic or atheist later on. I also see a few kids leaving the fundie lifestyle and becoming mainstream Christians who believe in birth control.

I'm sorry but Duggars and logic don't belong in the same sentence.

Apparently Josh has been mentioning how his 2 bedroom house is too small now that his family is growing. LOL

Someone should point out to him that his house isn't over-crowded since he and Anna and the babies could all fit into the front hall closet.

The words Duggar and Logic can't be in the same sentence because the Duggars lack logic. It's an oxymoron.

The words Duggar and Logic can't be in the same sentence because the Duggars lack logic. It's an oxymoron.

Have to agree with you! This also holds true for the Maxwells!

Archived