IGNORED

Single Dad Laughing Comes Out

fundiefun

danoah.com/2012/11/anything-other-than-straight.html

I don't know if its been posted but he finally admits that he isn't straight I didn't see this one coming, but then again I never kept up with his blog much.

Edited to fix mangled broken link _lilith

Can we have a proper link for pads please?

danoah.com/2012/11/anything-other-than-straight.html

I don't know if its been posted but he finally admits that he isn't straight I didn't see this one coming, but then again I never kept up with his blog much.

Fixed for those with phones.

Since my laptop is acting up, can someone please fill me in on who this guy is? I would very much appreciate it. Thanks!

Since my laptop is acting up, can someone please fill me in on who this guy is? I would very much appreciate it. Thanks!

Single father blogger who is big in mommy blogger circles, but has been called out for faking a lot of his blog posts and went as far as paying a PR guy to make one of his posts credible.

Yikes! Hes so annoying!!!!!!

*In reference to his blog in general, not sexual preference.

I know another dad blogger called him out because he and Dan go way back and says Dan embellish's the truth. Especially the post that he got a supposed "emai"l from a right wing gay hating christian mother who hated gays who automatically accepted her son as being gay when she read a post from his blog about gays. Yeah I'm sure a fundie mom would accept her son being gay just because of a blog post of his :liar:

The blog post of the other dad blogger calling him out on his bs betadadblog.com/2012/04/is-single-dad-laughings-teens-brave.html

Edited to break link _lilith

I'm not familiar with this guy's blog, but if he's known for embellishing stories, perhaps this is an attempt to garner more traffic to his blog. Later on he'll claimed to have re-accepted christ, and he'll go through some getehgayout reprogramming camp.

Single father blogger who is big in mommy blogger circles, but has been called out for faking a lot of his blog posts and went as far as paying a PR guy to make one of his posts credible.

Whoa, paying a PR guy for blog post? He is extreme. So what was his purpose of doing this? Was he just trolling for laughs and decided to come clean now?

I found his "church should be nice to gays" post irritating and self-applauding, and his "a brave teenager came out!" post so fucking fake. That's basically my only exposure to him, apart from the fact that his blog seems to attract other bloggers who aren't as nice as they think they are, and/or are ... well, gullible.

This is the blog post from betadad:

http://www.betadadblog.com/2012/04/is-s ... brave.html

SDL mentions Christian beliefs, but is coy about his specific denomination. Somewhere--wish I could remember where--someone managed to suss out that he's Mormon.

Uggggggh. He's one of the most annoying people on the internet. Smarmy, self-righteous, condescending. Yuck. I swear I'll vomit if he plays this like people dislike him because he's gay. No, people dislike you because you're kind of an ass.

But I'm glad he feels he can be open if that's who he truly is. Even smarmy a-holes deserve to be happily out of the closet.

Uggggggh. He's one of the most annoying people on the internet. Smarmy, self-righteous, condescending. Yuck. I swear I'll vomit if he plays this like people dislike him because he's gay. No, people dislike you because you're kind of an ass.

But I'm glad he feels he can be open if that's who he truly is. Even smarmy a-holes deserve to be happily out of the closet.

Well get the bucket ready beacuse he IS one of those people. A very stupid example comes to mind, Perez Hilton. He keeps calling people all kinds of horrible names, he's totally racist, he keeps making fun of people's physical features, from small things like ears, jawlines, thin hair to disabilities. He loves to target women, he hates women! He's a misogynist, the furthest thing from perfect looking, he humiliates women over anything.

When he got punched in the at an event, he kept crying like the "Leave Bwitney Awoneeee" guy. He whined in videos and complaint. Everybody that calls him out for being an asshole, he whips out the homophobia card, that's his ace in the hole. I stopped reading his gossip site then.

This person will pull that on people too, trust me.

A very stupid example comes to mind, Perez Hilton. He keeps calling people all kinds of horrible names, he's totally racist, he keeps making fun of people's physical features, from small things like ears, jawlines, thin hair to disabilities. He loves to target women, he hates women! He's a misogynist, the furthest thing from perfect looking, he humiliates women over anything....... I stopped reading his gossip site then.

Perez is the perfect example of that! I, too, stopped reading his site after repeated mocking posts about the children of celebrities and how ugly said children were. He's gross, and it has zero to do with being attracted to men.

Besides, Michael K is a million times funnier, and equal opportunity catty toward adult celebs.

After he posted photos of a child that he had drawn semen on the face of is MS paint I never went back to his blog. Horrible man!

Perez is the perfect example of that! I, too, stopped reading his site after repeated mocking posts about the children of celebrities and how ugly said children were. He's gross, and it has zero to do with being attracted to men.

Besides, Michael K is a million times funnier, and equal opportunity catty toward adult celebs.

I heart Michael K so much. I also love his love of Harvey Price, Katie's kid with significant disabilities. He snarks the HELL out of Katie, but he never says anything bad about Harvey.

I just read a couple of his most recent posts, so maybe somebody who's followed him in the past will have more insight. My initial impression is: fuck this guy.

He's ex-mormon. There's a recent post called "Where are all the Mormons who promised to Hate Me?" He's written a post about how everyone from the church was actually soooo supportive when he came out. Well, sure, except when it comes to meddling in politics to make sure you don't have the right to marry a male partner. If the church had its way, a single gay man would not have custody of his child (I'm not too clear on the details of what his custody arrangement is) and a single gay man would either live out a completely celibate life or find a wife and start a family and suppress his desires forever. ONE SENTENCE of his post does touch on that, but he ends the post wondering if all the anti-gay rhetoric he heard growing up in the church was even real. He kind of implies that all the anti-gay horror stories were fabricated by non-Mormons or at least by ex-Mormons who didn't grow up in the same loving church he grew up with.

SDL is a crazy attention whore. I see him as the male version of The Feminist Breeder. Both fancy themselves superior to everyone and they love to feign offense in order to create drama and stir up their army of followers. Crazy people.

I am so glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. Seems like all my mom friends are always posting crap from SDL and talking about how inspirational and touching and blah blah whatever he is, and I end up feeling like I must be a total crank because I just don't see it. I see him as posting stuff about how awesome and accepting he is and patting himself on the back the whole time. He's big on the humblebrag and seems so fake to me. Also, a major attention whore.

Um, I've only read a few of his posts and he is super annoying. Also, his "coming out" seems a bit shady. I firmly believe that human sexuality is fluid--gay, straight, bi,whatever--but this guy comes out--in some very emotional, heart-wrenching posts--as bi (at first it felt like he was claiming bi because it still made him sorta' straight, but that's just the feel I got) then he claims that he doesn't like dating men and then shortly thereafter begins a relationship with a woman. I dunno, I'm not saying he's faking it for traffic/attention...but it was just weird...

Oh wow, must read his coming out post when I get a chance. I guess I now know the real reason for his divorces! I started reading SDL waaaaaay back when he first started his blog, which if I remember correctly he started as a way to occupy his time shortly after his second wife left him. I haven't read his blog in quite some time now, though, at least a year. He's got an adorable son that he and his first wife adopted, and - at least in those early days - he seemed like a pretty devoted dad, and someone trying really hard to overcome his dudebro tendencies. I forget exactly why I stopped following his blog - I think because he was getting a little too preachy and sanctimonious for me. His blog became huge after an entry he did about bullying, which is how I found him.

Oh WOW, has the look of that blog changed a lot since I stopped following... just went over there to find the bullying post to share: danoah.com/2010/10/memoirs-of-bullied-kid Now to read about him being gay, because truly, I never picked up on that in those early blog entries.

Edited to break link

This would be the same human colostomy bag who lifted his own holiday spirit by going on a local “it could be worse tour†with video camera in-hand: He accosting homeless people, encouraging them to dace for his readers – I’m not joking - in exchange for cheap gift cards just so he could feel better about having to spend Christmas without his beard.

So it turns out he's a gay jackass instead of a straight one. I'm sure his in-centered readers care - but that's about it.

Um, I've only read a few of his posts and he is super annoying. Also, his "coming out" seems a bit shady. I firmly believe that human sexuality is fluid--gay, straight, bi,whatever--but this guy comes out--in some very emotional, heart-wrenching posts--as bi (at first it felt like he was claiming bi because it still made him sorta' straight, but that's just the feel I got) then he claims that he doesn't like dating men and then shortly thereafter begins a relationship with a woman. I dunno, I'm not saying he's faking it for traffic/attention...but it was just weird...

I know, right?! I mean, fine, he's bi and he's dating a woman. Does he have to call her "The Farmer's Daughter" and head up a post about finding love again with a pic of a woman in a bikini with his girlfriend's (I guess?) face photo-shopped on? Gross. It's like he's trying to reassure the world that he totally still like boobz.

edited for comma abuse

Archived