IGNORED

Pastor Refuses to Pay Tip Because She Gives to God

GolightlyGrrl

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If, according to his mathematics, he only gives God 10% what happens to the rest? Does it go to finance and stroke his mega ego? Curious minds!

So, does that mean that Christians who proselytize should stop because God gives all (including converts)? Wait, no? How does that make any sense?

Saw this last night on Yahoo. I have to say the comments were interestings. Basically a lot of Christians in dismay upset at the guy. Basically I think he was just a douche, but to state he gives God 10% made me laugh. I thought to myself wait your congregation tithes you 10% and you work for God who doesn't have earthly needs so who exactly are you giving it to again.

Is he really so stupid that he doesn't know the difference between a tithe and a gratuity/tip? More likely he's just a damned greedy bastard that doesn't think his waitress/waiter deserves to make minimum wage.

Douches like this this make me wish that servers would just be paid AT LEAST minimum wage, so that they don't have to rely on tip as a large part of income. I've seen my friends grossly under-tip and I always feel like I have to over-compensate because our kind waiter was not deserving of such a low tip. IMHO, tipping should be a reward for excellent service, but they way we pay servers here in the US forces them to rely on tips from people who may or may not tip appropriately or consistently.

*edited bc I made a SOTDT typo

I'm also hating some of the comments on that. Someone complaining that if it's a percentage, why should they have to pay the waiter extra just because they ordered a $300 bottle of wine instead of a $50 bottle.

Seriously??

If you can afford a $300 bottle of wine, you can afford a fucking tip asswipe.

I hate that American wait staff are paid well under minimum wage. Totally a scam. But since it is what it is, if you can't afford the tip - don't go out to eat!

I bet some of these people don't realize how much spit they consume due to their attitudes. I am always pleasant and generous with anyone who prepares or brings my food.

Wait, so his beef was that he shouldn't have to pay the servers 18% of the value of the bill as a tip, but rather 10%. Yet, he does not even give them 10%? And he didn't even leave a tract. :lol:

Saw this last night on Yahoo. I have to say the comments were interestings. Basically a lot of Christians in dismay upset at the guy. Basically I think he was just a douche, but to state he gives God 10% made me laugh. I thought to myself wait your congregation tithes you 10% and you work for God who doesn't have earthly needs so who exactly are you giving it to again.

Maybe his congregants should refrain from putting money in the collection basket, since the Lord will provide anyway. He's just a cheap turdblossom cloaking his parsimony in ersatz Christianity.

Hmm, I'm surprised. In Canada, minimum wage laws apply to all occupations - our servers make minimum wage plus tips.

In the US a lower minimum is allowed for servers. It varies by state. This site does a breakdown:

paywizard.org/main/minimum-wage/tipped-workers

The lowest I see is $1.59/hour in Kansas. That's criminal.

In the US a lower minimum is allowed for servers. It varies by state. This site does a breakdown:

paywizard.org/main/minimum-wage/tipped-workers

The lowest I see is $1.59/hour in Kansas. That's criminal.

I used to make $2.01, because the law in Illinois at that time stated that we had to be paid more than two dollars :roll:

Plus, at that time we were taxed on an assumption that we were tipped. So even if we weren't, surprise! You still had to pay income tax on it. My paychecks were routinely negative, meaning I owed money to the restaurant at the end of my shift. Someone needs to send this guy the tipping scene from Reservoir Dogs.

The pastor was a woman and she got the waitress fired, too.

http://gawker.com/5980558/pastor-who-left-sanctimonious-tip-gets-waitress-fired-from-applebees-claims-her-reputation-was-ruined

My favorite quote from the article:

The pastor called it a "lapse in my character and judgment" that "has been blown out of proportion." Somewhat an ironic statement coming from someone who ordered Applebee's to fire everyone who came into contact with the receipt.

The pastor was a woman and she got the waitress fired, too.

http://gawker.com/5980558/pastor-who-left-sanctimonious-tip-gets-waitress-fired-from-applebees-claims-her-reputation-was-ruined

My favorite quote from the article:

That is horrible. What a good example for Christ. :roll: I hope her church thinks about getting rid of her.

Read a rehash of the story on a blog sent via a friend. Actually the blog overall is interesting - written by a gay Christian man.

gcnjustin.tumblr.com/post/41872636013/i-give-god-10-why-do-you-get-18

From the Smoking Gun article where she "apologizes":

A mother of three, Bell heads a 15-member church that rents a storefront space. Bell said she has a separate full-time job--which she declined to describe--and tithes 10 percent of her earnings to the church.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/ ... zes-687234

How much do you want to bet she's including herself and her (at least two) children in that count? At least her brand of nastiness isn't being spread too far and wide.

I live in St. Louis, so this self-righteous "poor persecuted me" asshole makes me extra-grumbly.

From the Smoking Gun article where she "apologizes":

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/ ... zes-687234

How much do you want to bet she's including herself and her (at least two) children in that count? At least her brand of nastiness isn't being spread too far and wide.

I live in St. Louis, so this self-righteous "poor persecuted me" asshole makes me extra-grumbly.

Applebees is off my list of places to go. They fired the waitress for violating the patron's privacy....

I loved the person who said "I pull aside the waiter and ask if he will sacrifice his child. If he says yes, he gets 12.5% if no a tract" Yeah, that would make me want to wait on him. Not.

Applebees is off my list of places to go. They fired the waitress for violating the patron's privacy....

Looks like their Facebook and Twitter pages are blowing up. And not in a good way.

Archived