IGNORED

Two Dutchmen go through labour. Kind of.

OkToBeTakei

They should do 6 hours & then a mild dull ache 2 days a month until they are 55.

6? What is this mythical six hour labor?????

Try 26. Then having their stomach cut open and stapled shut at the end.

I'm hoping to follow in my mums footsteps with a 6 hour labor for baby no.1 in the next few years when I commence giving my man his (not very full) quiver. So I choose to block anything more than 6 hrs out of my mind.

To be fair, I would have opted out after two hours if I could have. That was about the point I started telling for pethidine.

Natural birth as long as it takes is the Dutch way, some enlightened ob/gyns are willing to administer an epi only when requested though. My first delivery took 32 hours, my second only two hours.

Natural birth as long as it takes is the Dutch way, some enlightened ob/gyns are willing to administer an epi only when requested though. My first delivery took 32 hours, my second only two hours.

I labored for 26 with my first before being given a caesarean. I still think I could have had her naturally if given a little more time.

My second, however, I labored for 9 hours before surgery, and I truly don't think I could have had him naturally. He was a lot bigger and the labor was very different. At least half of it was like transition and getting nowhere.

Much as I think that our system (Australia) is too quick to give interventions that end in C sections, I do think women should be entitled to pain relief they feel they need.

I labored for 26 with my first before being given a caesarean. I still think I could have had her naturally if given a little more time.

My second, however, I labored for 9 hours before surgery, and I truly don't think I could have had him naturally. He was a lot bigger and the labor was very different. At least half of it was like transition and getting nowhere.

Much as I think that our system (Australia) is too quick to give interventions that end in C sections, I do think women should be entitled to pain relief they feel they need.

Absolutely!

HA! 24 plus two days a month of agony and I win.

I tried to go natural the first time and did the second time, and I think being denied pain medication for anything other than a sound medical reason is torture, pure and simple.

They need to put some pads on their backs and throw in some back labour. 18 hours of natural back labour with uncontrollable pushing for at least seven hour did me in.

They need to put some pads on their backs and throw in some back labour. 18 hours of natural back labour with uncontrollable pushing for at least seven hour did me in.

And where are pads on their hips and inside them?

I tried to go natural the first time and did the second time, and I think being denied pain medication for anything other than a sound medical reason is torture, pure and simple.

It is and unnecessary. It would be different though if men had children.

I think I am the luckiest person in the world. Both times I laboured it lasted less than 2 hours. The first time my husband barely made it to the hospital in time (I was already there) the second time we both barley made it.

I think I am the luckiest person in the world. Both times I laboured it lasted less than 2 hours. The first time my husband barely made it to the hospital in time (I was already there) the second time we both barley made it.

Yes you are a lucky sausage! :D

All men, the world wouldn't be overpopulated.

I recommend Ray Comfort and his cronies for this. Or Doug. Manly man romp, anyone?

Women in my family have a history of quick delivery so I was out in just under six hours.

When Dad asked what giving birth to me was like mom said "Try shitting a watermelon!" During the labor she shouted at him, "You asshole! You did this to me! If you ever come within twenty feet of me again they'll never unearth your fucking body!"

I recommend Ray Comfort and his cronies for this. Or Doug. Manly man romp, anyone?

Joshie should have to strap that machine on when Anna poops out #3 and let her control it. No nap time for you, smugs!

*Disclaimer: all pregnant ladies read on at your own risk!

I was in labor for 49 hours before having my daughter. Except for a couple tylenol 3's it was all natural too - although not by choice. There is nothing worse than being all prepped for an epidural only to discover the anesthesiologist can't find the spot in my spine. It is also no fun puking and not being able to sleep for two days. Whenever I think about having another kid I just go over my birth experience. Best birth control ever.

I would pay big bucks to watch my husband go through anything remotely similar :twisted:

Archived