IGNORED

Two Dutchmen go through labour. Kind of.

OkToBeTakei

I recommend Ray Comfort and his cronies for this. Or Doug. Manly man romp, anyone?

:lol: Imagine the long post that Manly man romp would produce!

I tried to go natural the first time and did the second time, and I think being denied pain medication for anything other than a sound medical reason is torture, pure and simple.

A friend was in the hospital giving birth next door to a teenage mother. We could hear this poor girl at first begging and then screaming for pain meds. Her mom wouldn't sign the release to teach her daughter to accept responsibility for her choice to have sex and get pregnant. We could actually hear the mother yelling back "The wages of sin!!!" The nurses really wanted to help, but their hands were tied. That cow was a sadist who should be going to hell.

A friend was in the hospital giving birth next door to a teenage mother. We could hear this poor girl at first begging and then screaming for pain meds. Her mom wouldn't sign the release to teach her daughter to accept responsibility for her choice to have sex and get pregnant. We could actually hear the mother yelling back "The wages of sin!!!" The nurses really wanted to help, but their hands were tied. That cow was a sadist who should be going to hell.

That's appalling.

Similarly, when I was having my daughter there was a woman who was an opiate addict giving birth, and the nurses kept refusing her pain relief - why, I don't really know, it's not like she'd be trying to scam them to get high in the midst of giving birth.

I've always remembered that poor woman.

:lol: Imagine the long post that Manly man romp would produce!

I think manly ol' Doug Phillips is a tool wouldn't stay manly for very long throughout this. I think all forced-birthers of the penis-having variety should have to undergo at least 6 hours of this before they can campaign against abortion. Mr. Minerva and I have decided that someone should challenge Frothy or one of his equally frothy counterparts to undergo 6 hours of this.

I get painful periods, and I've been dreaming of a way of making other people feel my pain for years. Not because I'm mean, but because not everyone gets that this is possible. Especially the dickheads who decided there would be a blanket ban on getting exam deferrals for menstrual cramps at my university.

They forgot the torn and bleeding orifice healing while their partner stomps around crabby and complaining of lack of sexy time. They also forgot the huge swollen engorged breasteses that requires a clumsy confused and swualling babe to chomp on them every hour....tr

Women in my family have a history of quick delivery so I was out in just under six hours.

When Dad asked what giving birth to me was like mom said "Try shitting a watermelon!" During the labor she shouted at him, "You asshole! You did this to me! If you ever come within twenty feet of me again they'll never unearth your fucking body!"

Wow, that's only the second attested incident of this actually happening outside TV Land that I've ever run across!

I labored for 26 with my first before being given a caesarean. I still think I could have had her naturally if given a little more time.

My second, however, I labored for 9 hours before surgery, and I truly don't think I could have had him naturally. He was a lot bigger and the labor was very different. At least half of it was like transition and getting nowhere.

Much as I think that our system (Australia) is too quick to give interventions that end in C sections, I do think women should be entitled to pain relief they feel they need.

Your experience sounds a lot like mine. My first was a two day failed induction culminating in an emergency c section due to escalating eclampsia symptoms. My second was a failure to progress at the exact same stage as the first reached, with an emergency c section. The third I booked the c section, because life's exciting enough without medical emergencies. I too think that the c sections are offered too soon here, but I would possibly have not survived the first birth, so I am glad the option exists!

Atkin, Gothard, Jim-Boob, and Dicky Santorum need to go thru this. That is all. Oh, they need to update the procedure if possible: make them feel the actual popping out a baby, not just labor pains.

Imagine the PP having to go through something like that. He was embarrassed because Zsu had groaned when she was expecting his most recent child.

Wow, that's only the second attested incident of this actually happening outside TV Land that I've ever run across!

On the news a few years ago there was a story about a baby that was nicknamed "Lightning" as he was born on the way to the hospital.

You'd think that bitch would realize that her daughter was giving birth to her grandchild.

6? What is this mythical six hour labor?????

Try 26. Then having their stomach cut open and stapled shut at the end.

And then after having not slept in over a day and going through surgery, spending the next 2 months not getting anymore than an hour and a half of sleep at a time because you need to feed a baby. Also, I suggest we take their nipples and squeeze and twist once every 2 hours for 2 months straight. We'll see how well they're holding up after that.

Something similar happened when my sister had her son. We overheard a laboring teen's father say, "I don't want her to have an epidural, I want her to remember what this feels like." Fucking asshole.

Your experience sounds a lot like mine. My first was a two day failed induction culminating in an emergency c section due to escalating eclampsia symptoms. My second was a failure to progress at the exact same stage as the first reached, with an emergency c section. The third I booked the c section, because life's exciting enough without medical emergencies. I too think that the c sections are offered too soon here, but I would possibly have not survived the first birth, so I am glad the option exists!

I opted to go straight to the c section with mine too, and I recovered from it a lot more quickly. Our experiences sound amazingly similar - my first was induced at 37 weeks.

Oh how much better would it be if all men had to go through exactly what their children's mothers went through during labor. Woman goes into labor, man gets strapped up with those pads and is subjected to the same intensity and position of labor the woman is in for the same amount of time. Would love to see the fundie men go through this.

You can all hate me but I was in labour for 2 days ... but I don't' feel any pain from the contractions till I hit Transition (by the end of the 2 days I went in for induction to make things go quicker... took 4 hours) once in transition and pushing I hurt but I managed with no pain meds.

I do firmly believe though if you want something to kill the pain you most certainly should have it ASAP.

And I do agree that men should have to go through the sleep deprivation... no more than 2 hours at a time for 4 months then maybe 3 hour stretches at night till 2 years... I have an almost 4 year old and a 1 and a half year old and I have not had a good night sleep since I was pregnant with the first...

Archived