IGNORED

Doug pushes anti-Abortion agenda... again.

Soldier of the One

I had an awesome all written out with citations 'n stuff and then the internet ate it!!11!! :twisted:

So this is my digest of the previous post:

Basically, the VF Ministries article goes on about the 'pro death' culture of the 'abortion lobby'. There's an (inappropriate) comparison to the Holocaust and the predictable stabs at 'feminism. The interesting (though not novel) part is how the slippery slope argument is presented through 'abortifacient' birth control.

Doug Phillips offers these sobering words in closing the discussion: “How can we possibly expect to win the battle for life when we are killing our own children in the womb through abortifacient contraception — when we’re refusing to take an uncompromising stand for all of life?â€

Read the full article here: visionforumministries.org/issues/news_and_reports/roe_v_wade_at_40_where_do_we_g_1.aspx

Doug (the tool) has restarted his (toolish) campaige to (toolishly) take away the rights of women deemed inferior to his (toolishness) complex.

Ugh. This man is an asshole. Sorry, Dougie. I will have children when I want and in the numbers I decide. I don't want umpteen billion kids I cannot afford. I also know my limitations. Some people are cut out to be parents of a large number of children. I am not. I struggle with my one child. I could not, under any circumstances, handle a large number of children. Isn't it better that my one child has a good childhood, doesn't want for basic needs, and has a mother that is sane than for 8 kids to have to struggle to survive, do not get enough parental interaction, and have a mother who flies off the handle because she is stressed out? All I have to say is "Thank God for birth control!"

When will these idiots just let people be? Have children or don't have them. It's an individual's decision. Have a lot or have one. It's an individual's decision. There is no right or wrong choice here. Dougie's life must be really pathetic if he has nothing better to do than worry about mine.

I wonder whether the expounders of Biblical Patriarchy consider women as 'people' in the first place - in the definition of having agency, autonomy and full human rights. I really wonder.

Doug Phillips offers these sobering words in closing the discussion: “How can we possibly expect to win the battle for life when we are killing our own children in the womb through abortifacient contraception — when we’re refusing to take an uncompromising stand for all of life?â€

Would it blow Dougie's mind if I informed him that I want contraceptives for winning the battle for my LIFE?

Two years ago my mother was diagnosed ovarian cancer (one of the deadliest of the women's cancers) and I had a front row seat to the hell she went through with surgery, chemo, etc. But I have recently learned that science has proven that that 5-10 years of oral contraceptive use by women who do not have the BRCA1 or BRCA2 (genetic markers for cancer) gene cuts those women's risk of ovarian cancer by up to 90 percent. For women with the marker(s) it still cuts their chances of developing ovarian cancer by up to 50 percent. These are facts, straight from the oncologists and cancer researchers. It's a pity more people do not know this. Frankly, I wish I'd known sooner.

My mother was lucky, in that chemo worked for her and she is currently in remission (though the risk of recurrance ever looms), but I don't want to have to be 'lucky' and she doesn't want that for me either. You can bet your sweet bippy I'm getting started on birth control pills just as fast I can get in to see my doctor. I've already scheduled the appointment. Whether or not I'm having sex is irrelevant to the equation. I do not EVER want to get ovarian cancer and those pills pretty much ensure that I won't get it!

90%...yes, I like those odds. Pass the contraceptives please.

I bet the fundies are soooooooooooo mad that most polls nowadays are proof that most Americans are fine with pro-choice.

The economy continues to suffer, violence is everywhere, people are starving but 'OMG SAVE THE BABEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZ' is more important. :facepalm:

Doug Phillips is a tool.

This just ticks me off to no end. According to this tools logic I would have to go through miscarriage after miscarriage because I have no problem conceiving, but due to an incomp. cervix I simply can't maintain a full term pregnancy. Without b.c. I would most likely be suicidal if I had to go through that nightmare over and over and over. Does he ever think his arguments through?

3 times was enough for me to go through hell. You, Doug Philips, are a tool to the nth degree of toolness.

Micatite,

I am sorry to hear about your mom and happy to hear she's in remission.

You've pointed out another major flaw in Biblical Patriarchy thought - namely, the so-called preciousness of life. But really? Does the sanctity of life only apply for the 40 weeks of gestation? Women's lives can and are saved every day because of birth control and abortion. How ethical can it be to let a fully-grown woman's rights be trumped by a fetus, or more extreme yet, an embryo? It makes no sense to me.

It's striking how many other conservative religious traditions which might oppose elective abortion wouldn't bat an eyelid at aborting a fetus to save the mother's life. This includes Orthodox Islam and Judaism. Yet the 'pro-life' lobby would rather have a young, Indian Hindu woman die in Ireland rather than abort the fetus to save her life. I don't understand how they can morally and theologically justify that. And the cases get more and more extreme. Doug Philips even opposes abortion in the case of ectopic pregnancy, is that correct?

I know I'm Captain Obvious here, but I just can't shake off the incongruities. Never mind how these people feel about the death penalty...

Doug Phillips is a tool, and his last line sounds like he's chastising his audience for not being "green" enough. I mean, what else is a normal person supposed to think "stand for all life" means? Does Doug Phillips is a tool know that the word "life" has a use besides being a buzzword for the religious right?

ETA Doug Phillips is a tool.

Does the sanctity of life only apply for the 40 weeks of gestation? Women's lives can and are saved every day because of birth control and abortion. How ethical can it be to let a fully-grown woman's rights be trumped by a fetus, or more extreme yet, an embryo? It makes no sense to me.

Doug Phillips is a tool.

Yes, in the minds of the Dominionists, life is only unconditionally precious during gestation. Then, life is precious if it's a boy. Girls are merely future walking incubators for the next generation of precious fetuses and precious boys. Women are, of course, already mere walking incubators, and their lives are forfeit at the whim of the patriarchy.

Doug Phillips is the most toolish tool of the tools. He is the tooliest tool who ever tooled.

Dear Doug,

When you can have bear children yourself, then and only then, will you have the right to decide if you want to carry a child and deal with the effects on your body. Until that point STFU. If that would ever come to pass you will still only have the right to decide for yourself. You will still have no right to tell me what I should choose for myself and my body.

Oh and PS, Doug Phillips, you're a tool.

Apparently, according to Doug (is a tool), any woman who would possibly use or even think of using birth control is evil. Oh, how horrible it is that even one egg she might release might be prevented from doing so. :doh:

Doug Phillips is a cruel ghoul of a tool. And a fool in addition to that.

Just wanted to add that Doug Phillips is a tool and is more evil than any woman who uses birth control or chooses to have an abortion. Once again, Doug Phillips is a tool.

Doug Philips, who is a tool, needs to take his hand off the ole anaconda or intern (whatevs) and gain some education!

Oh mighty tool one,

What about in centuries past when parents, who couldn't afford another child, would literally abandon them somewhere or even kill them?

So how exactly does this fit into your plan?

Doug you enormous tool how can I be part of a "culture of death" because I'm pro-choice when I gave birth to five children? I personally don't like abortion, but that's for me personally I won't pretend to know what's right or wrong for anyone else. I realize someone else's situation and morals may be very different from my own and that doesn't make them any less of a good person. Sometimes women find themselves stuck in situations where all the options suck and I really don't envy them the decision they have to make. Just because I believe a woman needs to have the right to choose doesn't mean I have some sick obsession with killing people. It really burns me up when they bring up the if you're okay with abortion you must be okay with infanticide and killing off the elderly and the infirm, meanwhile they themselves are perfectly okay with the death penalty for homosexuality. Double standard much?Doug has such a limited view of things that he can't understand where other people are coming from and that there can be shades of grey in these situations. Like how I took care of my grandmother when she was dying of cancer, and it really made me question my stance on right to die issues. If you ever have to watch someone suffer for months with a terminal illness and have them beg you to kill them to end their pain it changes the way you look at the situation, but it doesn't mean you like death. I do agree with one of the above posters about some people being on birth control for medical reasons I had to use it for awhile, because I had ovarian cysts and it helped to shrink one that was so painful I ended up in the ER thinking that it was appendicitis. What it really all boils down to is Dougie is the biggest tool in the toolshed even if he is far from the sharpest one.

Archived