IGNORED

Stacey, SERIOUSLY?

bea

So, Stacey over at Your Sacred Calling has been suckered into the MLM scheme for Y*ung Living, which sells essential oils.

(For those not in the know, Y*ung Living claims to sell "pure, therapeutic grade oils," and has a whole bit on their website about how there's three grades of essential oils, blah blah blah, only there's not. There's no governing body for essential oils, no standards of purity, no government oversight, and saying your oil is "pure, therapeutic grade" is approximately the same as saying your oil is "living room sofa grade," which is to say it means absolutely nothing. It's pure marketing-speak. Y*ung Living also makes a claim that their oils are "certified" by a French organization that doesn't test OR certify essential oils. Full disclosure: I'm an oilmaker, and this sort of crappy marketing schemes infuriate me.)

Her latest entry: yoursacredcalling.com/blog/2012/05/a-tree-a-rock-and-gods-amazing-grace/ is all about her youngest daughter Virginia Grace and the kid falling face-first out of a tree onto a rock and how her mouth and face wouldn't stop bleeding so they took her to the ER....

BUT ON THE WAY, Stacey applied Geranium Oil to the kid's face (essential oils should never be used undiluted on skin) and gave her a drop on her tongue (essential oils should also not be taken internally), and had to provide a link to where you, too, can buy her essential oils.

IN THE MIDDLE OF A STORY ABOUT HOW HER KID MIGHT HAVE A CRUSHED CHEEKBONE AND BROKEN NECK.

She hawks her MLM scheme.

How the mighty have fallen.

The kid is okay, by the way. And Geranium oil has absolutely zippo to do with stopping bleeding - it might have some astringent qualities, but that's about it.

Daughter Tiffany is on the oils marketing bandwagon too.

I use rosemary oil for migraine relief (along with my meds) and I pay something like $20 a bottle. $45 for a bottle of rosemary oil? What a freaking rip off. People actually pay that much for those oils? Sheesh. I'll stick to buying mine at the health food store.

I can get 8oz pure rosemary essential oil from my supplier for slightly less than $35.00. Plus shipping, which isn't too much.

Y*ung Living is a VERY well known rip-off scheme. And the way Stacey hawks it just makes me hate it more.

I read her post yesterday and wanted to reach through the Internet and slap her. What mother in their right mind would even be concerned about a damned oil when there could be serious problems with her child's skull, neck, face??!! Her priorities are severely twisted. :angry-fire:

"When the only tool you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail."

ETA: Essential oils, my ass. The kid had a fucking brain bleed. It's the care she's receiving from trained medical professionals that's making the difference, not frankincense and lavender.

Stacy's an idiot, AND a narcissistic drama queen.

Oh god, there's a woman on a local parenting group I belong to that is forever hawking that y0ung living oil crap. One woman is making SPF bars at cost for the ladies in the group and this snake oil salesperson come in there and tells her that the oils she's using are crap and that they aren't pure enough. Everyone gets all concerned because they're idiots that fall for crap like that (lots of them are maleleuca nuts too) and now this poor woman is scrambling to do damage control because her product has now been discredited.

I thought that y0ung living stuff sounded hokey, I'm glad to hear that it is. Maybe i'll go drop some links to their scam sites (which I'm sure are out there).

I read her post yesterday and wanted to reach through the Internet and slap her. What mother in their right mind would even be concerned about a damned oil when there could be serious problems with her child's skull, neck, face??!! Her priorities are severely twisted. :angry-fire:

My daughter fell mouth-first on the table a few days ago, and there was a tiny bit of blood and only a small amount of whining, and I sat down and rocked and cried too damn scared to look and see how badly she was hurt and screamed for her daddy to get out of the bathroom because our baby was hurt and bleeding and I was too upset to look closer because any blood on my baby is the end of the world. By the time he got out all of 15 seconds later, she was playing with a balloon and I was a wreck. She ended up having a very tiny cut on the inside of her lip.

If she had that kind of a fall, I'd have been screaming bloody murder for an ambulance to get there NOW NOW FUCKING NOW!! Not grabbing oils and pretending that a drop on the tongue is a magical cure for potential smashed bones. It's really telling about how much Stacey cares about her kids with a bleeding face takes back seat to pulling out oils.

My daughter fell mouth-first on the table a few days ago, and there was a tiny bit of blood and only a small amount of whining, and I sat down and rocked and cried too damn scared to look and see how badly she was hurt and screamed for her daddy to get out of the bathroom because our baby was hurt and bleeding and I was too upset to look closer because any blood on my baby is the end of the world. By the time he got out all of 15 seconds later, she was playing with a balloon and I was a wreck. She ended up having a very tiny cut on the inside of her lip.

Aww, Elle I'm sorry! My daughter was a clumsy toddler and spent more time with fat lips than without...it's worse for us than it is for them!

BUT ON THE WAY, Stacey applied Geranium Oil to the kid's face (essential oils should never be used undiluted on skin)

Bea, is this true of tea tree oil? What should I put it in? And what strength?

I read that and couldn't believe my eyes! The child had a brain bleed and Stacy was worried about her fucking essential oils!?! It's a thousand wonders those doctors didn't tell her to get the hell out of their way.

Just like McKmama and her Xlang-alang vitamin/diet/weight loss/migraine cure pills!!

M.

I think the most chilling of all was when Stacy said (and she sounds so proud too) that she never cried-not once.

Abused children don't cry. :cry:

This is telling:

In my mind I am saying if they try to make problems and want more things or want to say I can't do this I do believe I'm getting on that flight whether I can take her with me or not. At this point I've been here for 7 weeks and my family back home needs me. My first job is to them. My oldest cannot continue to play house for me as she must get back to her university in another state and I don't have any more people who want to watch my entire family anymore after 7 freakin weeks of tag teaming. So I'm at the point where I don't give a crap. Stick a fork in me, I'm done. Oh yeah, happy birthday to me.

Where's the quote from, Nell?

Her now closed blog. I was busy taking screen shots yesterday before it closed. I'm out of town, when I return I'll post the ones I was able to take.

Oops, wrong evil mother. My quote is from the blog of the Ukraine adoptee. I'll fix my error when I have time. I'm on the road now.

I think the most chilling of all was when Stacy said (and she sounds so proud too) that she never cried-not once.

Abused children don't cry. :cry:

I almost wonder if she didn't cry because she was in shock. My mom was severely scalded as a young child and they say she never screamed or cried. She was in such shock she just didn't feel anything. :(

When a fundie gets involved with her own "business" it's either something totally sketchy like Stacey selling Young Living oils or something totally amateurish like Kelly C's e-books. Providing a good product or service never seems to matter to these broads; it's all about the Benjamins.

I almost wonder if she didn't cry because she was in shock. My mom was severely scalded as a young child and they say she never screamed or cried. She was in such shock she just didn't feel anything. :(

These were my thoughts. Either that child's been beaten as a punishment for crying until she has learned not to whimper, or her injury was in such a way that her body was in shock and she didn't feel anything. I busted my arm wide open down to the bone when I was 19 or 20, and didn't feel anything at the time. It's like enough pain blows a fuse and you can't feel anything for a while. No pain doesn't mean an injury isn't bad or that someone is just being brave.

I was thinking about this poor girl this morning and I kind of have to give Stac props for seeking actual medical attention and a approving the transfer to a less convenient but more appropriate facility.

And then I felt really sad that the Fundie good parenting bar is really that low. :(

Archived