IGNORED

Just gotta say... - Soccer

Kitten

with a little implicit snark for good measure, that I really enjoyed watching a group of young women use the talent and spirit they were born with (God-given, if you're inclined that way) and play a beautiful game of soccer against tall odds and come away with victory in the final few moments. What a pleasure to watch them using their physical prowess, mental agility, and camaraderie to the max to overcome the challenges they faced.

As Eric Liddell himself would have said, "God made me fast for a purpose." He understood that his God wanted him to use all his gifts, not just those that some people found "holy."

Go USA!

Wish all fundie girls could watch these women and learn their stories. At least one active player has two children, and in the past, they've had several players with children. Female athletes can be "women" in every good sense of the word - although I admit when I write that, I have flashbacks to the scene in A League of Their Own, where they're learning to pour tea and put on makeup. :lol:

And not to be a totally jingoistic nationalist, I have to add that Japan played one of the most superb games of possession and control I have ever seen against Germany, France is much more skilled and stronger than many gave them credit for, and Sweden has height, mental toughness and skill on their side. Can't wait for semis...

Archived