IGNORED

Chaviva - world's shortest flounce?

LucySnowe

March 7, it's 'So Long, Farewell' [thanks for the Sound of Music earworm...].

March 10, oh, hey, it's tough to be a social media ninja without a blog.

March 16: http://www.kvetchingeditor.com/2012/03/where-do-we-go-from-here.html

[at least the earworm now changes to 'Sweet Child of Mine']

I know you're all waiting, waiting to hear about what happened to six years of blog content that used to be here, waiting to hear whether I'm going to continue blogging about Jewish topics that have made me the blogger and Yid that I am today.

Yes, we've ALL been on tenterhooks. :roll:

[side note to other MOTs: have we reclaimed 'Yid'?]

The content still exists online, but it's all private, so good luck finding it.

Well, Skylar didn't seem to have much trouble finding two Google-cached entries:

crazyjewishconvert.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/ive-been-called-out-of-hiding-for-day.html

And my own Google Reader is, at this very moment, providing me with over 400 entries of Kvetching Editor, dating back to October 2008 (and presumably earlier since about two dozen of them are showing that date alone).

If she were SOTDRT-educated I'd probably just do another eyeroll, but seriously, shouldn't a social media maven know how blogs work? That very little stays private on the internet?

Judaism saved me from myself, it saved me from a dark, dark place that I was in.

This is making my alarm bells go off, and it would do the same if any religion were mentioned. But then, religion as therapy wouldn't work for me; maybe it does for other people.

I felt myself a stain on existence of Judaism. A harbinger of pain and suffering.

Please, please get off the internet and find a therapist, or a rabbi, or someone to talk to. Because this sounds thoroughly unhealthy.

I felt myself a stain on existence of Judaism. A harbinger of pain and suffering.

At this point I start to hear the Linkin Park CD that was the soundtrack to my years of teenage angst.

I like both Chaviva and Skylar, but that entry made me roll my eyes. Not everyone is waiting with baited breath for whatever she comes up with next, and her dramatic exit lasted approximately .2 seconds, which kind of defeats the purpose. Also, all that stuff about how Judaism saved her from a dark place made my alarm bells go off too - that's not a great reason to get into a religion, any religion, because it ends up just becoming a crutch. It reminds me of a number of people I know who seem to religion-hop all the time, looking for something I suspect they just need to find within themselves.

Also, she keeps going on about how Skylar has been soooo mean to her, but by this point, she's name-dropped Skylar WAY more than Skylar has ever talked about her as far as I can tell.

Perhaps she made her blog private for security reasons. I have a blog that was once widely-read and notorious/controversial, but because of a stalker (who prayed for my death), my material is now available only to invited readers. And flouncing can be fun…in limited doses, anyway.

Yes, and I responded to Skylar. But since the thread had gone quiet and this was on a different aspect of the blog - the return, rather than the closing - I felt it was appropriate to make a new post.

They could always be merged, of course.

Archived