IGNORED

lara the lazy organizer

fundiefun

I was thinking back to a post Lara had on her blog before she flounced about how she found gymnastics lessons pointless and her daughter had to beg to take them. Her daughter was playing with some kids and their kite or whatever it was got caught in a light pole and her daughter climbed on up to get it and she snapped a photo. This light pole was so high off the ground (higher than the light poles you see in parking lots of grocery store chains)had her daughter fallen she could have been seriously injured or worse. I can't find this photo for the life of me, but what parent would sit back and let their kid do something so dangerous while snapping a photo. I seriously wish I had saved that photo it baffled me then and still baffles me today how people can throw basic safety out the window and just stand and take photos. Does anyone remember this photo?

• 4 months later...

That profile could be over 2 years old, so it might not be up to date. How many kids did she have by the time they took off in the RV?

I looked through the website--she is teaching parenting classes for $4 each. I looked through the website and the description for the "work their britches off" pretty much says: you don't have to run yourself ragged doing everything for your kids--let them learn responsibility and feel like part of the family by having them do some chores too." Of course it doesn't see exactly how many chores you shift over to your kids.

Looks like they are expecting their fourth kid now (or have already had it).

It takes huge amounts of money to get into, but alfalfa farming is an nice job. I used to live right next door to an alfalfa field. It's a perennial so it grows back every year and nothing kills it. At least where I live, you don't even have to spray it for weeds.

I'm sure glad for her kid's sake they're on a farm instead of roaming around the country in a car. That just sounding very Grapes of Wrath to me. At least on the farm, if they're still stuck with one toy a piece, they can go outside and play with the goats and stuff. It's hard to get bored on a farm.

Maybe they did start out with road tripping until Lara realized she was going to have to listen to bored kids whining, "Are we there yet?" every ten minutes for the rest of her life.

Okay, found the posts on the old board. This profile is old- she does have 4 children now. (or at least she did before she piled them in the RV and took off. http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/6636/T ... 2aYqpgyjnY post 34 was the first one I found that has a number in it. This profile IS a couple of years old.

She's not selling classes, the site is selling recordings of sessions she did at a couple of conferences.

• 1 month later...

ldsholisticliving.com/blog/speaker-spotlight-lara-gallagher

Link not broken because it's not a blog.

She is now supporting a "vegan, whole food, largely raw" diet. And speaking about it!

Anyone live in that part of Utah?

• 5 months later...

Archived