IGNORED

help?

mschelseae

I know I'm a noob, and I did try to find the thread where I saw it, but what I'm looking for is a link or someones basic explanation of ATI and just how extreme the Dugs beliefs are. Everything I could find was all praise and admiration and junk. I want an outsiders POV. I know I've seen a worthwhile post somewhere, but Sunday has gotten to me and I can't find it anywhere. I wouldn't have posted if I didn't know where else to go.

I'm trying to write a sort of essay I guess you could say. I'm not looking for something to copy and paste, but rather facts.

I know they use To Train Up A Child, which is horrid. Things like that. Things that make them soooo extreme.

I hope I make sense. :?:

ETA: to add that I do know about fundamentalism, but theres soooo many different types, and I cant put my thoughts into words, like I know what I see and the connections I make, words are just failing me right now

I'm not sure where you could get an outsider's POV per-se, but you could check Razing Ruth's blog. She's an escapee who was raised in the movement until a few years ago, and has posted quite a bit about what it's like.

I'm not sure where you could get an outsider's POV per-se, but you could check Razing Ruth's blog. She's an escapee who was raised in the movement until a few years ago, and has posted quite a bit about what it's like.

omg thats exactly the link i was trying to remember. idk why im so dumb sometimes.

thanks

No prob. :) She's the only one I really know of with an honest in depth explanation of how ATI works. I've seen summaries from other people but nothing with as much detail as Ruth's blog.

I would suggest the old Yuku forums, which unfortunately have a non-working search function. So only if you have a lot of time to scroll through everything.

From the ATI website, you can see how much everything costs, and the scamminess the program has. Unlike other homeschooling curriculum, you can't just order a "class" from them--you have to buy into the whole system. You pay tuition for a year's worth of material, and the first year focuses on "learning how to use ATI." The whole thing is very self-helpy, and I think parts of the seminars have been secularized and sold to businesses and prisons? There's a sample wisdom booklet on the website, and definitely check out their application. The application focuses on how much kool-aid the family has drunk, and is pretty obvious about fathers-being-head-of-family, mothers-being-second-because-they're-women.

Also check out the Telos Institute International, the unaccredited "college" for ATI grads.

Also also, the Duggars use CollegePlus, which is another scammy educational thing. It claims to get you a college degree by having people CLEP out of a bunch of classes and then take either online classes or a few on-site college classes to finish up. Basically it's another way to keep (adult) children at home so they won't be exposed to the outside world.

Also, the Duggars are associated with Vision Forum, which is another crazy group. Search for Vision Forum or Doug Phillips to find more info on them.

ETA: I don't think the Duggars are associated with Telos in any way, it just shows how weird Gothard's educational business is.

Maybe you should lay off the purple haze!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

mschelseae, you also might want to check out No Longer Quivering, which was run by Vyckie Garrison: http://nolongerquivering.com/

There also was a special on the Lifetime show "The Secret Lives of Women" featuring current and ex QFers. I think you can find it on YouTube. If you haven't read Kathryn Joyce's book on the Quiverfull movement, you might find that interesting as well.

its the truth though. ;)[/quote

what is purple haze? :roll:

brokendaughters, is a blog similar to razingruth's. Thatmom's podcasts explained a lot for me. Commandments of men, is a overall good resource for information/views.

Also check out the Telos Institute International, the unaccredited "college" for ATI grads.

The main planet belonging to the Cybermen, of Doctor Who fame, was Telos. Which sort of fits, seeing as ATI also turns you into automata that can't express emotion...

Archived