IGNORED

"Why We Must Discriminate" - Just... wow...

Three and Done

I was browsing the internetz and came across this blogger: thinkinghousewife.com/wp/2009/07/why-we-must-discriminate/ (I hope I broke the link properly.)

Her post on "Why We Must Discriminate" infuriated me. Why do so many women insist upon disparaging and denouncing their own sex?

I am unable to even compose a complete, cohesive post with her poison infecting my brain!

Auuuggghhhh! :evil:

Guest Anonymous
I was browsing the internetz and came across this blogger: thinkinghousewife.com/wp/2009/07/why-we-must-discriminate/ (I hope I broke the link properly.)

Her post on "Why We Must Discriminate" infuriated me. Why do so many women insist upon disparaging and denouncing their own sex?

I am unable to even compose a complete, cohesive post with her poison infecting my brain!

Auuuggghhhh! :evil:

Well, if it makes you feel any better that's a dude who pretends to be a woman.

The topic was previously discussed in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3316

Thank you for joining my world. For reasons of pure masochism, I feel compelled to read the Housewife every morning. She never loses her power to make my mouth drop open in astonishment at the crazy.

Okay, that pina colada my hubby bought me while I watched the wedding must be affecting me. I read all the posts on this thread before looking up the link and for some reason I thought everyone was talking about THAT wife. I was like, what, that wife used to be a man. :shock: How the hell did she have a baby? Were all her pregnant pictures photo shopped!!!! :o

Yes, I'm going to take a nap now. :oops:

Thank you for joining my world. For reasons of pure masochism, I feel compelled to read the Housewife every morning. She never loses her power to make my mouth drop open in astonishment at the crazy.

I have to admit to checking it once a week or so. The crazy over there is just mind-blowing. And I love how she/he is way too chicken to have open comments.

• 1 year later...

Sorry for another bump, but look at the comment below:

We must control women to save civilization! On the other hand I'm terrified for the future. I don't know bout you guys but I REALLY don't want to lose my rights :/

Honestly just what is it about women that makes these people hate them so much :(

I don't want to live on this planet anymore

This is an interesting article, but I disagree with the beginning: “Over the last 50 years, America has witnessed the cultural ruin of its women. When women fall, an entire way of life and civilization itself are not far behind.†The reality is that the cultural ruin of America was caused by women. Specifically, women’s political, sexual and financial freedom is largely responsible for the decline of the West and not some abstract “culture.â€

We harp a lot on liberalism, but what is liberalism but female thinking unbounded? I finally understand what that famous author meant when he said that civilizations die by suicide. Every civilization at the peak of its power, prosperity and wealth, and in a moment of decadence, emancipates women and, in a few short decades or centuries, it collapses. Babylon did it. Sparta did it. Rome did it. Now America will do it.

The basic problem with cultural discrimination is that it requires a theory or theories about how the world works. To have theories about how the world works requires making generalizations that are tested by, and adjusted to, reality. Women are diametrically opposed to generalizations. Why? To avoid having the analytical power of the generalization applied to womens’ physical appearance or other characteristics.

What all women implicitly understand, but are loathe to admit, is that 90% of a woman’s value is embedded in her physical appearance. Men choose women largely on looks based on a sliding scale of what men want and what they can get. The problem for women is that physical appearance is not only determined at birth, but it has a limited shelf-life. Whatever advantages women derive from looks do not last.

Now, when women were married at 20 and, a short time later, busy with their own children and families, the impact of this knowledge was limited. Family life occupies its own sphere and kids suck the narcissism out of women. With women competing in the world with men, this worry about appearances blooms to a neurotic high. Women are never certain if their success is the result of “who they are†or how they look. Consequently, this neurosis permeates every sphere of life within which women operate.

This is how you get a female police officer telling an investigator in the Berkowitz case that “Jews and Italians date, too.†Or, Maureen Dowd’s permanent screams on why society no longer finds her attractive. Or, the articles about the new standards of (chocolate) beauty established by Michelle Obama.

Women are at war with themselves and their short-term, pragmatic, narcissistic neuroses have swallowed the Western world.

I guess she hasn't processed the fact that she is ALLOWED? to blog about this is the result of non discrimination and maybe she ought to check her own narcissism a little bit, eh?

Sorry for another bump, but look at the comment below:

We must control women to save civilization! On the other hand I'm terrified for the future. I don't know bout you guys but I REALLY don't want to lose my rights :/

Honestly just what is it about women that makes these people hate them so much :(

I don't want to live on this planet anymore

Exactly HOW are we "ruined"? A few details on what this so-called "ruin" entails?

And why exactly is this a bad thing? Geez, I dunno--didn't such civilizations collapse when unbridled capitalism overtook an interest in the public good?

WHOSE theories? This statement assumes that certain biases are intrinsically superior to others, using the old "Mine is better because I said so" rule. WHOSE version of reality? Which women, exactly, are you discussing here? Pretty big jump here, pal. Let me, a mere woman, make a nice little generalization: Men--especially MRAs (and female MRA allies) are fucking worthless as a class unless they show up at my door to prove to ME, Hane, exactly what their value to me is.

Their value to WHOM? You're positing here that women's value to men is the only value we have. And this proves that our looks have intrinsic value HOW?

Oh, I get it. Every single woman who has ever walked the earth is inherently narcissistic, and NO man ever has been. EVER. Thanks for clearing that up. Gee, I dunno. The WOMAN who hired me did so because I have the skills to do a good job. Success in this situation would have been limited if, say, a male hiring manager had filled my position based on my looks and not my skills. Thanks for your in-depth analysis of every sphere of my life and that of every single woman in the world.

OK now I can't even. I read Dowd a lot. References, please? Hey, thanks for throwing in that nice little sliver of bonus racism!

Except for those of us who actually care a lot more about ourselves, the ones we love, and our society than about suppurating pustules like you.

Archived