IGNORED

I met a real Doug Phillips at church!

Hane

He's about the same age as our Dougie, and with similar coloring--but he wears Hawaiian shirts, is interested in social justice issues, is UU, and is openly gay.

I had to hold myself back from going, "OMG! Have you ever heard of the OTHER Doug Phillips?" but then realized I wasn't, well, here.

And the service was about congregational covenants. During post-service discussion, I had to

hold myself back from blathering on about the fucked-uppery at Boerne "Christian" Assembly and Mars Hill.

He's about the same age as our Dougie, and with similar coloring--but he wears Hawaiian shirts, is interested in social justice issues, is UU, and is openly gay.

I had to hold myself back from going, "OMG! Have you ever heard of the OTHER Doug Phillips?" but then realized I wasn't, well, here.

And the service was about congregational covenants. During post-service discussion, I had to

hold myself back from blathering on about the fucked-uppery at Boerne "Christian" Assembly and Mars Hill.

I've totally had that moment in "real life" when a FJ response just comes out of my mouth and no one gets me!

You should tell him all about dougie!

Archived