IGNORED

Fundie Fauxtographers?

Rueinthesky

I love looking at the You Are Not a Photographer website. I know that Kristina started a photographer business, as is all the rage these days. Any other fundie "photographers" out there? I loooove looking at crappy photo websites.

edited to attempt to remove hyperlink, but was unsuccessful (even after removing /url), so am removing.

A lot of fundies seem to have picked up the photograhy bug.

Bethany Beasley

Kori Wissmann, now that Bethany no longer photographs for the family since married and moved away.

Abi Wissmann's sister, always photographs Abi's family pictures.

Shannon, from Thoughts and Thimbles blog.

I'm sure there is more, but I just can't think now, too many to keep track of.

It is crazy how with the advent of digital, everybody grabs a camera and decides to be a photographer. Even my sister whose degree was in fine art limits her for sale photographs to landscapes. S

Partly because people with a lot less training and talent have flooded the portrait market, and partly because she feels she is better at the landscapes. If the photos of her child are any indication, she actually is a better photographer than a lot of these, "I have a camera, I can sell my photos," people out there.

I left it all behind when film starting going the way of the dodo. It's amazing how many people call themselves artists lately thanks to Instagram.

A girl I know is attempting to become a fundie after she slutted around with the whole town and no one is left ... she is also a "photographer" and I really, really want to post some of her "art" here because of how laughable it is.

My sister fought against the digital stuff too. She finally switched over when a portrait photographer she really admired switched. She figured that if the definition was good enough for him, it was good enough for her.

I think that the photo of the puddle of miscarriage in the woman's hands held up in front of a plastic Jesus and photoshopped to an iconic glistening sparkle ought to win the prize.

I do like digital and have learned to embrace a lot of aspects of it, but it is completely true (and so annoying) that it has become so easy for anyone to pick up a DSLR and start their Facebook photography business.

I really do love laughing at pseudo-photographer fails. I feel bad that the person I know actually charges people for really bad pictures though.

Gothard has a photography course and it's an approved at-home business. Too bad all of them take exactly the same photos.

Gothard has a photography course and it's an approved at-home business. Too bad all of them take exactly the same photos.

Ah, that explains SO much- thank you!

It's the same with anything artistic. Because of blogs and everyone's ability to 'publish' everything and anything, people randomly decide they are writers. I know so many freaking photographers - only one is fundie-lite, but with editing software and an $800 camera (disposable income & bored is how it seems to start) it makes me nuts. I rarely like the images of these self-styled 'photographers' and when people who can't construct a proper sentence call themselves writers it makes my eyes burn. Infant photography is really big - with the damn giant bows, same naked poses, props, manipulated lighting.

It has truthfully made me lose my taste for writing and photography. I consider both hobbies, and I'm not too awfully bad at either, but because any schmuck with a camera is a self-proclaimed photographer, I refuse to use the term or even the concept. I take pictures. Period. I never even wanted to be a professional, but I won't let myself be associated with the masses.

I went to college for written communication - officially, my degree is Print Communications - and when I pay attention, I can write, even if I do say so myself. I even made my living by writing at one time. I am not, however, a writer. I don't want to be a writer. In large part because I don't want to be counted among the Internet writers who blog and make grandiose claims.

For fundie women though, it is absolutely something they can do from home, on their schedule, and never have to do something they disapprove of. Kristina's so called photography cracked me up. No doubt she took a few good shots of something, someone praised them and/or said she had a good eye or something, and viola! She's a photographer. Not. Her pictures are just your average snapshots with a few photo effects applied.

I do like digital and have learned to embrace a lot of aspects of it, but it is completely true (and so annoying) that it has become so easy for anyone to pick up a DSLR and start their Facebook photography business.

I really do love laughing at pseudo-photographer fails. I feel bad that the person I know actually charges people for really bad pictures though.

I agree, it has become annoying how a lot of people have started photography businesses or side photography businesses in recent years. My boyfriend has a high school classmate who for awhile had a side photography businesss. This was a few years ago and she used to promote her business through myspace and blogspot. Her photographs were really bad and eventually she stopped the business.

Don't forget Christopher Maxwell - he'll photograph your wedding (as long as there's no dancing, sleeveless dresses or booze, of course!) and then put heavy filters on it.

I agree with fundiefan though - I think it's got the perfect combination of "anyone can do it, because of the web" aspect and the "you can make money at home and not have to answer to another boss" fundie dream lifestyle potential built into it.

Don't forget Christopher Maxwell - he'll photograph your wedding (as long as there's no dancing, sleeveless dresses or booze, of course!) and then put heavy filters on it.

I agree with fundiefan though - I think it's got the perfect combination of "anyone can do it, because of the web" aspect and the "you can make money at home and not have to answer to another boss" fundie dream lifestyle potential built into it.

Yup, I remember I cracked up when I read that list Christopher put out by photographing weddings.

I think that the photo of the puddle of miscarriage in the woman's hands held up in front of a plastic Jesus and photoshopped to an iconic glistening sparkle ought to win the prize.

Where is this magic?!

I think the Aspiring Homemaker fancies herself as a bit of a photographer. I kind of like her photos, though. They're mostly of food, and unlike the majority of fundies her food actually looks good.

I am pretty sure Miss Raquel views being a photographer (photographeress?) as one of her many talents.

Archived