IGNORED

Fundie Wives on TLC? It may happen

Nurse Jenna

Some of you may remember Courtney from Women Living Well blog and of Rachael Ray fame. Apparently she and some of her friends were approached by TLC to have their own reality show. After some deliberation Courtney decided against it, but some of her friends are still going for it. I think we should come up with a few creative names for the show and pass it on to TLC.

womenlivingwell.org/2012/01/i-was-contacted-to-have-my-own-reality-show/

PS: her today's post is:"Michelle Duggar- a role model for gentleness". I rolled my eyes so far back I think I might need a surgical intervention.

Not going to lie. If this happens, I'll probably tune in for at least the first couple episodes. I love me some crazy.

Not going to lie. If this happens, I'll probably tune in for at least the first couple episodes. I love me some crazy.

Same here. That would be a snark feast. :oops: :whistle:

I hate TLC with the heat of a thousand suns. They never fail but to cater to the lowest common denominator. I'm so glad I gave up cable TV.

I guess the Sister Wives are too hip and modern for them and they need to show more submissive and backwards?

I don't know how anyone who actually watches Sister Wives and listens to what they say can describe them as either hip or modern.

Is it just me or is anybody else getting these weird TLC vibes that they're turning into a Christian-only fundie reality tv show channel and can't take criticism on Youtube for it? What happened to the old TLC, if there was 1? Why do they want to show shows that water down white Christian as moral and right for the whole country? I feel like the head of staff/most of the staff are conservatives when news like this is released...

I don't know how anyone who actually watches Sister Wives and listens to what they say can describe them as either hip or modern.

I forgot the sarcasm tag :D

I forgot the sarcasm tag :D

Ah! Sorry. I hear a lot of people who don't even watch the show who praise these women for being polygamists. "Shows them religious nutjobs right!" I can't fathom how they let those words escape their mouths then I realize they don't know what they're talking about.

Damn kids, get off my lawn! In MY day, MTV played MUSIC videos, and TLC was The LEARNING Channel. I don't know what teen moms have to do with music or fun dies have to do with learning, damn times changing. /sarcasm

Really, TLC needs to go by something else. They're so far from being a station teaching anything that they need to go by TFC for Fundie.

Was it TLC that used to show something called "The Operation"? It was graphic, but somewhat educational. I guess they took their crack at something non Christian with All American Muslim (or really Dearborn Michigan Muslim).

Is it just me or is anybody else getting these weird TLC vibes that they're turning into a Christian-only fundie reality tv show channel and can't take criticism on Youtube for it? What happened to the old TLC, if there was 1? Why do they want to show shows that water down white Christian as moral and right for the whole country? I feel like the head of staff/most of the staff are conservatives when news like this is released...

I completely agree with you.

do they HONESTLY think we want to watch these goofs prancing around, spreading religious shit? We get enough from the Duggars, please no more.

on the bright side, Zsu might be on it!!! THAT would be a show worth watching!!! :lol:

Archived