IGNORED

Brandy shuts down blog to start new one again: shocker

prairiemuffin

She's taken down the archives already but they're cached in my google reader:

"(title unknown)

by Brandy

Hey everyone! I know I haven’t been blogging a whole ton here lately. I’d apologize, but that’d mean I felt bad for what’s been taking up my time. And I haven’t felt bad.

I’ve been spending time getting to know a great group of Christian unschoolers. And, of course, playing with my girls, reading, talking with my girls, and having great conversations with Jason.

I was just telling a friend this evening that I’ve been LOVING the direction of our lives. In a way I haven’t felt in awhile. A peaceful, I-totally-know-this-is-RIGHT kind of way. Much of what we’ve been getting back to totally gives me flashbacks of how we were when Gabriella was much littler. In a very good way.

So. We’ve got some changes ahead here. Jason and I are combining things. I’m shutting this blog down and we’ll be blogging at http://thecormierfamily.org instead {it’s TOTALLY not set up yet, but if you want to follow our blog, that’s where to do it}. We’re sharing a FB {my link that’s on the sidebar, just with both our names on it now} and a Twitter { @Cormier_Family if you wanna follow us there}. And we have a new email now too { thecormierclanATgmailDOTcom }.

We do everything together as a family offline … … why do we lead separate identities online? Ya know?

So, please … update our info and subscribe to the new blog …. cuz we have a lot of awesome stuff we’re wanting to share with you all! See you there "

Christ on a cracker. I know this is a trend to some degree among many of our fundy bloggers, but I don't even know what to say about this. I can't even begin to count how many times she's done this routine.

But of course. They are unschoolers now, or are in the process of 'deschooling' so they can return to unschooling. They are only doing things as a family, again. They are reading and watching Harry Potter now because after years she has now deemed it fine. They are sharing a blog, Facebook and Twitter, again, just as they did about six months ago for about six days.

They are some pretty screwed up people. I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt, but they repeat the exact same processes over and over and over. They're not even confused Christians trying to find their way. They are really whackdoodle people who aren't happy and can't figure out how to be happy so they keep spinning in the hamster wheel. Torah observant, skirt wearing, head covering, 'ONLY REAL FOOD'...all will be happening, again, just like everything else.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results. They try the same things over and over, on a cycle, always thinking 'now we are comfortable in our own skin and life is good' - until a week down the road when their most recent changes have not fixed all their issues and they're still unhappy and don't know why or how to fix it. So, they go again to another brand of Christianity because 'those Christians are so happy'...either forgetting or ignoring that a year ago, they tried that and it didn't work, but hey, let's try again!

Their kids are going to be so beyond screwed up by the time they are adults. Their education changes weekly, if they're getting one; their parents religion - thus theirs - changes several times a year. Right and wrong and OK and 'that's bad' change several times a year; the Xmas tree gets thrown out, then a new on purchased two months later; frozen pizza is good today but next week it's going to kill you.

They're so far from their families because they did try to intervene; Brandy and Jason took personal offense to that (family could help pay their bills but not dare tell them...anything and worse, don't dare question them!) so they packed up what little they had and moved across the country and live in the middle of nowhere so no one can bother them or give them honest opinions of how really crazy they are making life for their two kids.

Sad to say, out of all the fundy blogs I follow (and there are too many), Brandy is the one that I see really cracking up sometime in the near future. I would not be surprised at all; just the isolation of her daily life would be enought to drive a lot of women completely batty.

I hope I'm wrong, for her kids' sake.

In all honestly, I think she has already cracked. Not completely, she is still marginally functioning, but I do think the cracking has begun. The isolation of her daily life is enough to make the most stable person toss a fruit loop. They go nowhere, ever. The don't leave their little house; they don't get out, socialize or interact with anyone. Her online relationships probably change as much as the rest of their lives do since so much of what they decide at any given time is so influenced by others online.

I'm an unschooler. (Well, not anymore, I guess, since my youngest is now grown.)

I know quite a few people in real life like this Brandy person. Never happy; blowing in the wind; always trying something else because the last thing wasn't working. They usually do pass through unschooling, but it doesn't last long, because they really just don't like being with their kids, and they've seen someone else's life and think it's better.

They live in perpetual envy. It's sad, really.

I just hated Brandy's posts on "unschooling," where she was all like, "Well, *I* never heard of boring old Hippocrates, so an education in which my kids learn these things is a big waste of time!" And wasn't she the one who decided to teach her kids about great works of art using flashcards, only she removed the artists she'd never heard of - those nobodies, like Gustav Klimt? What a tiny, ignorant world she inflicts on her chidren.

Yep, that was her. "Well, I don't know who Picasso is, so obviously I'm not going to have my kids exposed to him! It might highlight my ignorance!

Damn, I wish I had her 10,000 other blogs archived. Now that I think of it, I don't know whether she even finished school herself.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumped because even though they haven't made any posts yet, I laughed out loud when I saw the headline on their new blog:

thecormierfamilyDOTorg

"Funky Free-Spirited Family Walking with Christ"

Oh, Brandy. :( Guessing by the blogs you have on your following list, I'm guessing now you're trying to re-invent yourself as a cross between Amanda Soule and Sarah from Walk Slowly Live Wildly.

Her and that Janis chick are a LOT alike. Well, except Janis is a hot chick and all :roll: Janis goes through cycles of religious, athiest, hippy earth mama, dresswearing only fundy, subservient to husband, back to bisexual and has a GF with hubby's approval, public schooling, homeschooling, religious homeschooling, unschooling.

Her and that Janis chick are a LOT alike. Well, except Janis is a hot chick and all :roll: Janis goes through cycles of religious, athiest, hippy earth mama, dresswearing only fundy, subservient to husband, back to bisexual and has a GF with hubby's approval, public schooling, homeschooling, religious homeschooling, unschooling.

Just what I was thinking.

Bumped because even though they haven't made any posts yet, I laughed out loud when I saw the headline on their new blog:

thecormierfamilyDOTorg

"Funky Free-Spirited Family Walking with Christ"

Oh, Brandy. :( Guessing by the blogs you have on your following list, I'm guessing now you're trying to re-invent yourself as a cross between Amanda Soule and Sarah from Walk Slowly Live Wildly.

Judging by her pinboards, that guess seems spot-on. Oh Brandy. If you dred your hair and get tattooed and buy clothes from Free People, you won't look like any of the women in the inspiration photos you've pinned. You'll still be you.

pinterest.com/thecormiers/

Judging by her pinboards, that guess seems spot-on. Oh Brandy. If you dred your hair and get tattooed and buy clothes from Free People, you won't look like any of the women in the inspiration photos you've pinned. You'll still be you.

pinterest.com/thecormiers/

So, since they're sharing EVERYTHING now, is the "our style" board applicable to both her and Jason? I think he'd look really fetching in that crocheted skirt.

Oooh....first post: thecormierfamilyDOTorg

Highlights:

They started a joint blog because they don't do ANYTHING separately. Why? Because that's how they like it!

They now have a schedule for their blogging. Because all of Brandy's schedules have worked out so well in the past.

Jason is "just as eager to empty his head here as I am". :?

Brandy is now going to start channeling her inner hippie. She's been shedding the cultural dictations of what a woman needs to do to be hygenic. She's throwing away her brushes and combs, razors and bras. :oops:

SHE'S NEVER BEEN HAPPIER. If you don't believe her, you can ask her husband.

:shock:

Archived