IGNORED

Autumn is friends with the daughters from Eyes of Wonder

prairiemuffin

I started reading Jewels' blog Eyes of Wonder (eyesofwonder.typepad.com/) a couple years ago, was briefly enchanted the pics of "family life" she shared. Mainly because the girls, especially, seemed to mainly be around to sew whimsical frocks and then pose themselves and their little sisters in them for photos.

Anywho, Jewels rarely blogs anymore, so imagine my surprise when Autumn posted about a visit from the older kids, who I guess she's gotten friendly with: autumn-alittleprincess.blogspot.com/

Then I said, "holy shit, those girls are wearing JEANS! And one of them cut her hair!"

So then, of course I spent a good chunk of time plowing through the oldest daughter's blog to find out if there was some monumental shift in acceptable Godly fashion :oops:

sherwoodforestintheglen.blogspot.com/

I noticed that, too! I also thought it was really surprising that Autumn posted pics of the boys smoking and admitted to trying the cigars herself.

Hopefully he's not a douche like her ex. He's a good looking kid, though, I'll say that for sure.

eta: Wow. I wonder how that would fly with his family. I never got a good sense from Jewels' blog about how whack-jobby Christian they are.

He might be the hottest guy I have ever seen. That picture of him smoking? Oh my goodness, it's hot.

I think that they would be cute together!

Everyone is so connected, it freaks me out a little. I've been reading Jewels's blog since late 2006. Now I find that Autumn is friends with them... THEN a bunch of the Waldorf blogs I read (for the knitting content... the Waldorf philosophy is weird) are also fans of EoW.

It also freaks me out that they were smoking. That and the girls in pants? Totally screws with how I see them now!

FMJ-thanks, it's from Oregon Trail ;)

If you go to look at Rosie's blog, they also went to NYC recently. Shocked, was I. I thought that family was a couple steps away from going off-grid and becoming isolationists.

So weird to read Autumn's & then Rosie's account - talk about colliding worlds!

I also had the impression that the EOW family were sort of back to the land. Wearing pants is definitely a new thing. Also, didn't one of the EOW sons marry a Norwegian woman?

Also, didn't one of the EOW sons marry a Norwegian woman?

Yes, I believe so.

I could never get a grip on that blog about who was who's kid. After looking at the oldest daughter's, I realized that some of the little ones I thought were the kids of the oldest son who lives close by are actually Jewels' kids.....I think.

So weird to read Autumn's & then Rosie's account - talk about colliding worlds!

I also had the impression that the EOW family were sort of back to the land. Wearing pants is definitely a new thing. Also, didn't one of the EOW sons marry a Norwegian woman?

Yes he did, and you can see pictures on one of these blogs of various family members going to Norway to visit with the in-laws.

I have Eyes of Wonder's blog bookmarked, I think it is visually very beautiful and she seems like a sweet person...I was surprised to see a link to it here. I'm new to FJ and arrived here doing an internet search for a blogger I used to enjoy reading ( Molly in Alaska if anyone knows her site), but I thought your criticism was mainly for religious extremists? Eyes of Wonder doesn't read like that to me.

I could never get a grip on that blog about who was who's kid. After looking at the oldest daughter's, I realized that some of the little ones I thought were the kids of the oldest son who lives close by are actually Jewels' kids.....I think.

Jewels' youngest daughter (Celeisa) is about the same age as her son Wesley's oldest child (Josie). I recall one post where Jewels & her DIL were both nursing their toddlers. Wesley & wife now have 3 or 4 kids - maybe more.

I have Eyes of Wonder's blog bookmarked, I think it is visually very beautiful and she seems like a sweet person...I was surprised to see a link to it here. I'm new to FJ and arrived here doing an internet search for a blogger I used to enjoy reading ( Molly in Alaska if anyone knows her site), but I thought your criticism was mainly for religious extremists? Eyes of Wonder doesn't read like that to me.

Totally agree that the EOW blog is visually stunning.

Re: religious extremism - I'd always assumed that the EOW family was quiverfull + SAHM + SAHDs, among other things, but the blog has less in-your-face proseltyzing & huckstering than the average fundie site.

Re: Molly. She left the fundie world, also leaving her husband in the process, due to abuse issues on his part. She had another blog for a year or two (Adventures in Mercy) but seems to have stopped blogging in general.

Yeah, sorry, I'm not getting where the criticism is in this thread. Maybe you could point it out to me.

prairiemuffin: Thats why its made of awesomeness. I used to play that game. I would love to get to play it again but I cant find a place to download it :(

prairiemuffin: Thats why its made of awesomeness. I used to play that game. I would love to get to play it again but I cant find a place to download it :(

This is why FJ is dabomb:

http://www.kongregate.com/games/MindRev ... egon-trail

^play online w/o downloading it. Or at least close to it--it's a 'copycat'

I always had someone die of dysentary in my party.

Also, I would shoot a buffalo and then be told my poor wagon couldn't carry the 12,000 pounds of meat.

did you ever do the 'spinning in a circle while spraying bullets' form of hunting?

That was my favorite :)

did you ever do the 'spinning in a circle while spraying bullets' form of hunting?

Shit-no, but now I really want to! That sounds like my style.

ETA: God, I wish this was real:

Totally agree that the EOW blog is visually stunning.

Re: religious extremism - I'd always assumed that the EOW family was quiverfull + SAHM + SAHDs, among other things, but the blog has less in-your-face proseltyzing & huckstering than the average fundie site.

Re: Molly. She left the fundie world, also leaving her husband in the process, due to abuse issues on his part. She had another blog for a year or two (Adventures in Mercy) but seems to have stopped blogging in general.

I had Adventures in Mercy bookmarked, but last time I tried to get on you needed a password. I didn't know Molly very well but we had a lovely exchange of messages about Quaker Meetings, and I was always impressed with her intelligence . I did an internet search for her, and this site came up, but it was only a passing reference. I guess with all that is going on in her life, if she does still blog it will be privately.

As an English person who is part of a pretty liberal church I probably don't get all the shades of fundamentalism.....in fact England compared to the States is a really secular country.

Yeah, sorry, I'm not getting where the criticism is in this thread. Maybe you could point it out to me.

I apologise if I have read criticism into your words that was not there. I was reading your post as if it had a snarky tone, " Holy shit those girls are wearing JEANS," was I guess what mostly made me think it.

I guess it was a bit of misplaced internet communication on my part.

Another Molly fan here! She was one of the first fundies I ever read about who actually got out. I miss her insightful blog - she always made me think. Would love to know if she ever realized her dream and moved somewhere sunny!

Archived