IGNORED

Hetalia inspired religious parody

AtroposHeart

I'm going to hell for this. For those of you who do not know Hetalia is a story about personified countries, you can find more info here

[link=]http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Manga/AxisPowersHetalia?from=Main.AxisPowersHetalia[/link]

Well, it has given me the idea for a religious parody, with the personification of different religions. In the form of a web serial novel.

It starts with Agnosticism running away from her fiance's house after having a big fight, and having no place else to go. She meets up with Christianity, who is in the processs of being(literally) thrown out of a department store after causing a near riot over a happy holidays sign.

Agnosticism helps Christianity up, they talk a little and Christianity realizes that Agnosticism has no place to go and she invites her to stay at her place.

Christianity's house is a giant mansion where all the different denomination and aspects of Christianity live. Though Christianity says she's doesn't have to do anything, Agnosticism insist on doing housework, and she works along side Fundie, a passive-aggressive women, who treats Agnosticism nicely to her face, but secretly think she's a whore for leaving her fiance, not being a Christian personification, and not owning a single skirt or dress.

Generally, speaking the story would just be full of satire and hijinks of Christianity and religion in general.

The finale would involve a very uncomfortable dinner with the Islamic personifications.

The plot is a skelton and I'm still working on details and characters.

What do you all think? Do you think I should coninue it? Scrap it? MAybe even have a few ideas for me?

You would certainly have lots of material to work with! I think it could be very entertaining and enlightening and make people think.

or it could horribly offend.

But either way works for me

Fellow Hetalia fan here! Fundamentalist (she wouldn't call herself Fundie) could be all gossipy about the other denominations...and you could have flashbacks to explain the schism between Orthodox and Roman Catholic, and then Roman Catholic and Protestant. . . it'll be fun!

Fellow Hetalia fan here! Fundamentalist (she wouldn't call herself Fundie) could be all gossipy about the other denominations...and you could have flashbacks to explain the schism between Orthodox and Roman Catholic, and then Roman Catholic and Protestant. . . it'll be fun!

I need to do more research. Righ now I'm having a hard time pinning Caholic's personality.

I have thought of some characters.

Mormonism- He doesn't live in the house, but he wants to badly, but the Chrisitiam personifications won't let him in. He's polite, but everyone thinks he's a cult.

Wicca- Becomes Agnoticism' best friend. She's a good hearted, hippie girl with a feminist streak, but not in the straw manner. She defends Agnostism's decision to leave her fiance from Fundie

I'm happy to hear about any character ideas, or traits that anyone comes up with.

Mormonism is a clean-cut blonde who keeps knocking at the door and gets turned away by Baptist. Then Jehovah's Witness comes to the door and wonders why no one answers even though s/he saw heads peeping frpm the sideds of the windows.

Roman Catholicism would be hard because it is so varied. There are social justice Catholics, liberation theologians, and the hard-core authortarian, anti-abortion types. Maybe a mix.

Anglicanism is the bastard love child of Roman Catholicism and Lutheranism. S/he likes beautiful music and is pretty easy going. Baptist and Fundamentalist like to torment her by saying, "They only use silverplate in hell!"

Mormonism is a clean-cut blonde who keeps knocking at the door and gets turned away by Baptist. Then Jehovah's Witness comes to the door and wonders why no one answers even though s/he saw heads peeping frpm the sideds of the windows.

Roman Catholicism would be hard because it is so hard. There are social justice Catholics, liberation theologians, and the hard-core authortarian, anti-abortion types. Maybe a mix.

Anglicanism is the bastard love child of Roman Catholicism and Lutheranism. S/he likes beautiful music and is pretty easy going. Baptist and Fundamentalist like to torment her by saying, "They only use silverplate in hell!"

I'm thinking of splitting Caholicism into different people, but I'll still need a main person. I'm not sure if I should give them the ability to reproduce, or make the just appear.

I think your idea for Anglicanism and Jehova's witnesss fits.

I would definetely read it. I don't mind the Roman Catholic stereotypes even though I am one. In fact, I find them quite funny. But a suggestion: you might want to consider the different branches of Roman Catholicism (Polish, etc.) and Orthodox (Greek, Russian, et,) and stuff like that and make them into seperate personifications. Other than that suggestion, it sounds like a wonderful idea!

I've never heard of Hetalia, but this sounds pretty cool and I would love reading something like this. Just my 2 cents. :) and as an Anglican (Episcopal?) no offense is found, lol :)

I would definetely read it. I don't mind the Roman Catholic stereotypes even though I am one. In fact, I find them quite funny. But a suggestion: you might want to consider the different branches of Roman Catholicism (Polish, etc.) and Orthodox (Greek, Russian, et,) and stuff like that and make them into seperate personifications. Other than that suggestion, it sounds like a wonderful idea!

This is key, because there are variations in how differently the Catholic church was embraced/embodied in different nations. Same for Orthodox.

Vatican I can be a like the one in Hetalia; very formal, rule-bound, haughty. Vatican II can carry a guitar and wear huaraches and be all about social justice and love, y'all!

Cool, can I share one of mine with yours? its based on the Quiverfull but its not a Hetalia, sorry.

The Republic of Quiveria, a totalitarian and theocratic Dystopia far in Western Europe, its native language was suppressed for many centuries and only English was spoken, with a trilling of the r and u. The country was soon demolished and forgotten after many years of war and famine, but the people moved away into a lost island in the north sea near Canada.

The Quiverian state religion is an archaic, rustic form of Judeo-Christianity; they have Patron Saints, Full Moon ceremonies for virgins, Holy Mass made with honey and baby's tears etc. Although they do accept some Protestant theologies, such as Predestination and being saved by Grace alone.

The basic tradition of Quiveria is its doctrine of multiple children. They follow the passages of "Be fruitful and multiply" and "Dominion over the Earth". They strongly believe in having multiply children for their country and faith, and receive everlasting luck and prosperity.

However, the Quiverian children do not have it easy; they are forbidden to play with each other (unless related by blood), they are either strictly home-schooled or educated in the Providence House (but forbidden to talk to each other), they are given many chores and projects with very little time to play but no sports. They are not allowed to date or go alone at night, they are too remain in their parent's house until the parent finds them a husband/bride. Boys are taught manliness from their Dads, Girls are taught femininity from their Mothers. The Parents and Elders "train" their children instead of raising them. They want them to be proselytizers, leaders, breeding stocks and involved in politics.

If the children are disobedient or unruly, they are beaten harshly, but if they are even more troubled, they are sent to Madame Pearl's Child-Saving Detention Home where they be heavily monitored and disciplined.

What do you think?

Archived