IGNORED

This amuses me. - Josiah (Not Duggar)

formergothardite

Josiah (not the Duggar one) the 19 year old blogger who came here and declared that he would not attempt to free slaves because slavery is fine and wants to stone gay people (because that is exactly what Jesus would do :roll: ) and then flounced in an angry, childish tantrum,is so obviously posting stuff to get us to talk about him.

He already admitted with the "filthy menstrual rag" comment he made that he only did that because he knew we were watching him and he wanted to stir stuff up.( Yet another action Jesus would condone. :roll: )

Anyway, since he is clearly not able to handle a discussion where he isn't in complete control, he is probably not going to come here again, but it looks like he is posting stuff just to try and get us to either talk about him or go over there and debate him on his own terms. For the most part, though, he seems to have been ignored except from supporters or one person from The Former Conservative blog. And it amuses me because you know he is just itching for people to talk about him and so far it hasn't worked. He is being ignored like a litttle child who acts bad for attention.

Yes, I know this post is giving him attention, but it isn't for what he wants attention for. it is for his desperate actions begging for attention.

Almost every blog post since he has flounced from here has contained controversial stuff. Examples:

*I wish to be clear, and I know that the word slavery has with it the worst connotations possible, due to the War between the States. I contend there is a biblical slavery, and it is only a matter of time before I delve into the subject

Christianity offers no such thing. It offers only a life of servitude. A hard life, a suppressed life, and a dangerous life. Christianity isn't for sissies.

To have a Muslim radical in the White House would definitely be grounds for many many people, and not just Christians, to dismiss his eligibility as president. The reason being, the motivation behind the man's actions would assuredly reflect his theology. Everyone has a theology at the basis of his worldview, and his opinions on this topic will influence his actions in everything he does.

There is a reason that America is the only country in which poverty creates obesity. It is because our welfare system is messed up.

Anyone else think that he is just writing this stuff for attention? Because if you look back, a good portion of his blog used to be just copying other people with very little thoughts of his own.

biblicalbeginnings.com/

• Upvote 3

America is definitely not the only country where poverty creates obesity too. I should think most first world countries have the same problem.

• Upvote 1

Most 19 year old boys are too busy with college, sports, hobbies and dating. They're getting a lot of attention and friendship from their peers. I'm going to guess that many of this kid's peers (men and women) are not really interested in and don't really have time for his nonsense so the only way he's going to get attention is through his blog and picking fights with us.

To have a Muslim radical in the White House would definitely be grounds for many many people, and not just Christians, to dismiss his eligibility as president. The reason being, the motivation behind the man's actions would assuredly reflect his theology. Everyone has a theology at the basis of his worldview, and his opinions on this topic will influence his actions in everything he does

Ignoring that Obama isn't a Muslim, let alone a radical Muslim, I'd have no problem with an actually Muslim president. Granted, I wouldn't want a radical Muslim president but, then again, I wouldn't want a radical Christian president either.

Ignoring that Obama isn't a Muslim, let alone a radical Muslim, I'd have no problem with an actually Muslim president. Granted, I wouldn't want a radical Muslim president but, then again, I wouldn't want a radical Christian president either.

Josiah doesn't seem to grasp that a radical Christian like himself is just as dangerous as a radical Muslim.

• Upvote 5

Josiah doesn't seem to grasp that a radical Christian like himself is just as dangerous as a radical Muslim.

Word to this! Mostly I just think Josiah is a typical stupid teenager.

• Upvote 2

• 4 years later...

Ladies and gentlemen, after four years of ups, downs, heartbreaks and radical successes, several hits of lsd, a new job, and new amazing mind expanding friends, I introduce myself to you as a completely different person.

i don't know why I chose to do this, but you should all know that you were instrumental in breaking my closed, angry, repressed mind out of the deep deep pain I didn't even know I was in.

this is Raquel's blog interview that y'all roasted me for (rightly) four years ago, and I remembered all the things that had happened and wondered to myself, how would I now answer these same questions? I thought you guys might enjoy the results of what happens when a radical fundamentalist is thrown into reality.

Name: Josiah

A few favorite hobbies/pastimes: playing music, dancing, studying, camping, cross dressing

Favorite subject in school: science (Thank you, Carl Sagan)

Favorite book: 1984, by George Orwell 

Favorite movie: The Brothers Bloom 

Something you look forward to every day: random adventures! 

1) What are your thoughts on modesty? Modesty is great. It shows that you know when to hold back, and when to let loose. Oh, clothes? Walk naked in public for all I care. There should be no shame associated with your body image, and one should be able to express themselves as fully, or get into an environment where you can do so safely.

2) Some of us feel that we either give too much effort, or not enough, in worrying about the way we dress. What is your suggestion to how you wish girls would dress? What do you like to see girls wearing? I wish all girls would wear whatever they want and not feel like they need to know my opinion on these things. This is a stupid question.

3) How do you feel about girls wearing makeup? I love to wear makeup myself! So go for it.

4) A lot of girls worry about looking chic around guys…but what do you consider pretty? I consider not worrying about chic to be pretty. Put something on, if you think it's pretty, there's bound to be someone else who thinks it's pretty as well!

5) Do guys ever notice changes in girls? Hair styles, clothes, etc.? I try to! But I've never been able to pay enough attention to the details of other people's clothes to notice. I notice hairstyle changes! But who doesn't?

6) What is something that you want/look for, the most, in your future wife? I'm not looking for a future wife right now. Relationships are intense, and I prefer the open relationship gig, anyways. 

7) Do you often feel peer pressure from your friends? In any way, but mostly in the standards that you have set for your life. Yes, And I give in. I'm hardly ever sorry I did. How else are you gonna open yourself to new experiences if someone doesn't show you the way? And as for what I stand for? I stand for not poking fun at the less fortunate. If something is going to harm someone, physically or verbally, I say something and tell them to knock it the fuck off.

8) What do you consider flirting and what do you think of a girl when she flirts with you? Since I was brainwashed since I was young, I don't know how to flirt. (Thanks fundamentalism) I'm kinda bitter about it.

9) How do you feel about dating? I have a blast with both tinder and OK Cupid, and I love going on dates with people I meet while dancing and in other social situations!

10) If you agree w/ courting, how much involvement from YOUR parents do you believe is appropriate in helping you make a final choice in your future wife?  courting is bullshit. Not only is it bullshit, it's harmful, destructive bullshit designed to entrap young minds into a life of close minded evangelicalism forever. My parents have nothing to do with my relationship choices, or with anyone's relationship choices after they are 18.

11) When you’re interested in a girl, do you focus on her family too? Do you make it a point to get to know them as much as you want to get to know her? If she wants me to, but the main point of a relationship is the girl you are seeing. It all depends on what you want out of a relationship, and how involved with the family you really want/need to be

12) What is your view on college for girls? Everyone who feels compelled to go to college definitely should! Follow yo dreams, child!

13) What is your dream job? And why? I kinda want to be a carpenter. When I'm old, I want a couple of acres, a miniature jersey, and a little garden where I can grow my veggies and marijuana, and just relax :)

14) What do you think the man’s role is in the home – compared to the woman’s? It depends on the couple, and what works for them to both to be able to pursue their passions and be able to take care of their children to provide them with a home in which they can feel safe and cared for and nurtured

15) How many kids would you like to have? A couple. I think I'd love to be a dad.

16) A lot of guys like using sarcasm around girls…do you know why that is? Nope. 

17) Do guys like it when girls are tomboyish or more girlie? I kinda love the tomboyish girls! I want to go camping and adventuring!

18) Is there anything that you would appreciate girls doing differently in order to help you maintain your purity? I'm not maintaining my purity, so naturally, no. Also, that's not their fucking duty.

19) What do you think about guys and girls hugging? I dig it.

20) When do you plan to have your first kiss? Already had it. Great story, actually. I was drunk one night downtown where this water line had burst and a girl was playing in the water which was spraying some forty feet in the air. As I and my best friend walked by, she came over to me and asked me to play in the water with her. I didn't want to get wet, but then promised I would if she kissed me. She agreed and we went and stood under this fountain of water and she gave me a big ol kiss. Fun times.

21) How will you respond if God’s plan is out of sync with your own? Too bad for god, I guess. What does this even mean? (Disclaimer, I know what this means, and that this question was born out of a brainwashed and Ill-fitted-for-modern-society approach to life. This question makes me a little sad)

22) What do you think of girls posting pictures of guys on their blog? Why is this question being asked anyway? I gave you my pictures...

23) Do you guys sometimes get weirded out by being friends with girls? Some do, and I hope they grow out of it.  I rather enjoy both platonic and sexual relationships with women!

24) What is one thing that girls do that you hate? This question is blatantly sexist and I refuse to answer.

25) To what degree should a guy and girl just ‘be friends’? To what degree should they be betrothed? Betrothed?? To whatever degree they want! Whatever makes them comfortable and feel fulfilled.

Edited by Joseycat
Edited to make the correct some bold format mistakes
  • Upvote 5

On 2/28/2016 at 5:13 PM, Joseycat said:

Ladies and gentlemen, after four years of ups, downs, heartbreaks and radical successes, several hits of lsd, a new job, and new amazing mind expanding friends, I introduce myself to you as a completely different person.

i don't know why I chose to do this, but you should all know that you were instrumental in breaking my closed, angry, repressed mind out of the deep deep pain I didn't even know I was in.

this is Raquel's blog interview that y'all roasted me for (rightly) four years ago, and I remembered all the things that had happened and wondered to myself, how would I now answer these same questions? I thought you guys might enjoy the results of what happens when a radical fundamentalist is thrown into reality.

Name: Josiah

A few favorite hobbies/pastimes: playing music, dancing, studying, camping, cross dressing

Favorite subject in school: science (Thank you, Carl Sagan)

Favorite book: 1984, by George Orwell 

Favorite movie: The Brothers Bloom 

Something you look forward to every day: random adventures! 

1) What are your thoughts on modesty? Modesty is great. It shows that you know when to hold back, and when to let loose. Oh, clothes? Walk naked in public for all I care. There should be no shame associated with your body image, and one should be able to express themselves as fully, or get into an environment where you can do so safely.

2) Some of us feel that we either give too much effort, or not enough, in worrying about the way we dress. What is your suggestion to how you wish girls would dress? What do you like to see girls wearing? I wish all girls would wear whatever they want and not feel like they need to know my opinion on these things. This is a stupid question.

3) How do you feel about girls wearing makeup? I love to wear makeup myself! So go for it.

4) A lot of girls worry about looking chic around guys…but what do you consider pretty? I consider not worrying about chic to be pretty. Put something on, if you think it's pretty, there's bound to be someone else who thinks it's pretty as well!

5) Do guys ever notice changes in girls? Hair styles, clothes, etc.? I try to! But I've never been able to pay enough attention to the details of other people's clothes to notice. I notice hairstyle changes! But who doesn't?

6) What is something that you want/look for, the most, in your future wife? I'm not looking for a future wife right now. Relationships are intense, and I prefer the open relationship gig, anyways. 

7) Do you often feel peer pressure from your friends? In any way, but mostly in the standards that you have set for your life. Yes, And I give in. I'm hardly ever sorry I did. How else are you gonna open yourself to new experiences if someone doesn't show you the way? And as for what I stand for? I stand for not poking fun at the less fortunate. If something is going to harm someone, physically or verbally, I say something and tell them to knock it the fuck off.

8) What do you consider flirting and what do you think of a girl when she flirts with you? Since I was brainwashed since I was young, I don't know how to flirt. (Thanks fundamentalism) I'm kinda bitter about it.

9) How do you feel about dating? I have a blast with both tinder and OK Cupid, and I love going on dates with people I meet while dancing and in other social situations!

10) If you agree w/ courting, how much involvement from YOUR parents do you believe is appropriate in helping you make a final choice in your future wife?  courting is bullshit. Not only is it bullshit, it's harmful, destructive bullshit designed to entrap young minds into a life of close minded evangelicalism forever. My parents have nothing to do with my relationship choices, or with anyone's relationship choices after they are 18.

11) When you’re interested in a girl, do you focus on her family too? Do you make it a point to get to know them as much as you want to get to know her? If she wants me to, but the main point of a relationship is the girl you are seeing. It all depends on what you want out of a relationship, and how involved with the family you really want/need to be

12) What is your view on college for girls? Everyone who feels compelled to go to college definitely should! Follow yo dreams, child!

13) What is your dream job? And why? I kinda want to be a carpenter. When I'm old, I want a couple of acres, a miniature jersey, and a little garden where I can grow my veggies and marijuana, and just relax :)

14) What do you think the man’s role is in the home – compared to the woman’s? It depends on the couple, and what works for them to both to be able to pursue their passions and be able to take care of their children to provide them with a home in which they can feel safe and cared for and nurtured

15) How many kids would you like to have? A couple. I think I'd love to be a dad.

16) A lot of guys like using sarcasm around girls…do you know why that is? Nope. 

17) Do guys like it when girls are tomboyish or more girlie? I kinda love the tomboyish girls! I want to go camping and adventuring!

18) Is there anything that you would appreciate girls doing differently in order to help you maintain your purity? I'm not maintaining my purity, so naturally, no. Also, that's not their fucking duty.

19) What do you think about guys and girls hugging? I dig it.

20) When do you plan to have your first kiss? Already had it. Great story, actually. I was drunk one night downtown where this water line had burst and a girl was playing in the water which was spraying some forty feet in the air. As I and my best friend walked by, she came over to me and asked me to play in the water with her. I didn't want to get wet, but then promised I would if she kissed me. She agreed and we went and stood under this fountain of water and she gave me a big ol kiss. Fun times.

21) How will you respond if God’s plan is out of sync with your own? Too bad for god, I guess. What does this even mean? (Disclaimer, I know what this means, and that this question was born out of a brainwashed and Ill-fitted-for-modern-society approach to life. This question makes me a little sad)

22) What do you think of girls posting pictures of guys on their blog? Why is this question being asked anyway? I gave you my pictures...

23) Do you guys sometimes get weirded out by being friends with girls? Some do, and I hope they grow out of it.  I rather enjoy both platonic and sexual relationships with women!

24) What is one thing that girls do that you hate? This question is blatantly sexist and I refuse to answer.

25) To what degree should a guy and girl just ‘be friends’? To what degree should they be betrothed? Betrothed?? To whatever degree they want! Whatever makes them comfortable and feel fulfilled.

Well, glad you left fundidom. Are you still pro-slavery and anti-gay? What I really want to know is what about Raquel? Did you know her irl? Do you know her now? Is she as shallow as she seems to be on her blog?

• Upvote 5

Not sure what's going on here.  You seem to be quite pleased with yourself for all your new found freedom. Do you feel any remorse for the past, if you really said and meant all that anti-gay, pro-slavery stuff?  

It is always good to hear of people leaving fundamentalism behind.  Just a bit puzzling of a re-introduction. :)

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Well, glad you left fundidom. Are you still pro-slavery and anti-gay? What I really want to know is what about Raquel? Did you know her irl? Do you know her now? Is she as shallow as she seems to be on her blog?

Hah. I'm pro-gay and anti-slavery in any form. I'm learning that I'm queer, myself. Further, you guys nailed it, I did have a huge anger problem, I think from trying to keep my feelings in, without a safe place to let them out. My entire childhood feels tainted in the deepest way by the level of brainwashing I was subject to. It's a source of pain as I unlearn everything and try to (gracefully) remove my self from all those ties and lies I was fed.

I did know Raquel. I never really hung out with her but good friends with her bro. And so I can neither confirm nor deny her shallowness, but her online antics seem to make it clear to me. I read some of the most recent forums about Raquel and am surprised that she hasn't really grown up.

in fact, I'm surprised that a lot of my friends haven't figured out that they have been and are being played by the power structures that they have no reason to live under except fear. And I have learned (from the bible, no less) that there is no love in fear. Fear is the opposite of love. Fear is the basis for any abusive relationship, and fear was at the root of my relationship with god. So in my realization of that, I decided to try to make my relationship with god one based on love and not fear. Then I lost my faith completely (oops).

My best guess as to how people never get out of this, never question these power structures has to do with controlling sex.  My theory is that's why courtship is a big deal in these circles. (Anyone listened to "Mother" by Pink Floyd?) "Mama's gonna check out all your girlfriends for you." Young people get into these controlled relationships, are convinced through fear that there is only one legitimate avenue for sexual release, and then are locked in to a relationship with someone similarly abused, and continue the cycle with their children. It is a system devoid of development, and hindering (if not fatal) to the autonomy of each person. It's horrible, horrible. I feel so so bad for my friends who are still entrenched in this fear-saturated society. The kicker is that they think fear is a virtue, as long as it's fear of God. So there is almost no way out unless you subject yourself to your true feelings.

4 hours ago, blessalessi said:

Not sure what's going on here.  You seem to be quite pleased with yourself for all your new found freedom. Do you feel any remorse for the past, if you really said and meant all that anti-gay, pro-slavery stuff?  

It is always good to hear of people leaving fundamentalism behind.  Just a bit puzzling of a re-introduction. :)

I think I did this for the catharsis that would come with revisiting a very pivotal moment in my personal history.

I have felt so so bad for my personal views. It's gut wrenching to think that I convinced a family to join that church and cycle of abuse, but I'm also learning to forgive myself, day by day. It's an excruciating process 

• Upvote 5

On 1/15/2012 at 6:51 AM, DCmilly said:

Most 19 year old boys are too busy with college, sports, hobbies and dating. They're getting a lot of attention and friendship from their peers. I'm going to guess that many of this kid's peers (men and women) are not really interested in and don't really have time for his nonsense so the only way he's going to get attention is through his blog and picking fights with us.

The 19yo boys in his circle, in 2012, were too busy trying to live up to the patriarchal ideal: start their own business, or find work (with only a SOTDRT to prepare them); look at the girls in their circle of acquaintances with an eye as to which one to court, marry, and start popping out kids with; studying the bible and puritan writers in order to be able to discuss them and sound knowledgeable; supporting their father's vision; going to picnics and folk dances; going hunting (a manly pursuit that has the advantage of putting meat in the freezer). No college, sports, or dating. Not a whole lot of time for hobbies.

It's the same thing the 19yo boys are doing nowadays, the ones who are still in the circle he's left behind. He's moved on. They're still stuck in the same cult.

6 hours ago, Joseycat said:

Hah. I'm pro-gay and anti-slavery in any form. I'm learning that I'm queer, myself. Further, you guys nailed it, I did have a huge anger problem, I think from trying to keep my feelings in, without a safe place to let them out. My entire childhood feels tainted in the deepest way by the level of brainwashing I was subject to. It's a source of pain as I unlearn everything and try to (gracefully) remove my self from all those ties and lies I was fed.

I did know Raquel. I never really hung out with her but good friends with her bro. And so I can neither confirm nor deny her shallowness, but her online antics seem to make it clear to me. I read some of the most recent forums about Raquel and am surprised that she hasn't really grown up.

in fact, I'm surprised that a lot of my friends haven't figured out that they have been and are being played by the power structures that they have no reason to live under except fear. And I have learned (from the bible, no less) that there is no love in fear. Fear is the opposite of love. Fear is the basis for any abusive relationship, and fear was at the root of my relationship with god. So in my realization of that, I decided to try to make my relationship with god one based on love and not fear. Then I lost my faith completely (oops).

My best guess as to how people never get out of this, never question these power structures has to do with controlling sex.  My theory is that's why courtship is a big deal in these circles. (Anyone listened to "Mother" by Pink Floyd?) "Mama's gonna check out all your girlfriends for you." Young people get into these controlled relationships, are convinced through fear that there is only one legitimate avenue for sexual release, and then are locked in to a relationship with someone similarly abused, and continue the cycle with their children. It is a system devoid of development, and hindering (if not fatal) to the autonomy of each person. It's horrible, horrible. I feel so so bad for my friends who are still entrenched in this fear-saturated society. The kicker is that they think fear is a virtue, as long as it's fear of God. So there is almost no way out unless you subject yourself to your true feelings.

I think I did this for the catharsis that would come with revisiting a very pivotal moment in my personal history.

I have felt so so bad for my personal views. It's gut wrenching to think that I convinced a family to join that church and cycle of abuse, but I'm also learning to forgive myself, day by day. It's an excruciating process 

Yeah, that forgiving yourself stuff, I have to work on that every day, myself.

Blessings.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, refugee said:

The 19yo boys in his circle, in 2012, were too busy trying to live up to the patriarchal ideal: start their own business, or find work (with only a SOTDRT to prepare them); look at the girls in their circle of acquaintances with an eye as to which one to court, marry, and start popping out kids with; studying the bible and puritan writers in order to be able to discuss them and sound knowledgeable; supporting their father's vision; going to picnics and folk dances; going hunting (a manly pursuit that has the advantage of putting meat in the freezer). No college, sports, or dating. Not a whole lot of time for hobbies.

It's the same thing the 19yo boys are doing nowadays, the ones who are still in the circle he's left behind. He's moved on. They're still stuck in the same cult.

Yeah, that forgiving yourself stuff, I have to work on that every day, myself.

Blessings.

This. Is. So. Accurate.

• 3 years later...

Bumping this because:

Josiah is now Rose. She’s renounced Christianity, is a sex worker, anarchist, and extremely progressive by all accounts now. I can’t believe this is the same person. (I used to lurk when this was active)

I congratulate her on all accounts.

Edited by dripcurl
  • Thank You 3