IGNORED

Barbara from Mommy Life Rips Our Boo Anderson Cooper

GolightlyGrrl

She calls him gay and embittered, and says he hates the traditional family.

mommylife.net/archives/2012/01/anderson_cooper_2.html

A few days ago, Anderson had a SAHM v. working mom debate on his talk show. I'm rather sick of this media-created "battle" and I wish Anderson would have stayed out of it. The show was okay, and both sides got to say their piece. And Anderson was pretty respectful to both sides.

And gay or not, I've never found Anderson to be embittered. And he hardly seems to hate the traditional family; he has spoken very highly of his late father and appears to be very close to his mom, the kick-ass Gloria Vanderbilt.

Bitter/embittered = anyone who doesn't agree with her. Favorite fundie accusation of all time.

I have no idea if Anderson Cooper wants a family of his own, but he certainly seems to be concerned about children.

Keep in mind that this man is GAY! He hates traditional families! And CNN sets him up to entertain stupid Americans who would listen to the "wisdom" of an embittered gay man and a coterie of narcissistic working moms over the self-sacrificing mothers who put their families and children first.

But listen up, all you truly working moms - that is, the moms who work inside your homes to build better families, better communities, and a better country - you are answering to a higher power, not Anderson Cooper and his mindless media minions.

Right, so I work so my family is fed and that makes me narcissistic and less self-sacrificing than this stupid woman who claims to be a perfect mother (putting her children first - wtf, working moms don't put their kids first? If I put myself first, I'd stay home on my butt and do blog posts all day instead of working outside the home). But hey, she is making a hateful, stupid blog on the internet, so she's so holy. Riiiight.

Anderson Cooper isn't the first journalist/TV host to touch on the topic of SAHM vs. working mom. Other talk shows have covered this before and there have been tons of articles on this subject. Barbara would likely hate some of those articles and past shows on SAHM's vs. working mom. I remember Dr. Phil had a SAHM vs. WM show a few years back and the discussions between both groups got pretty heated.

The women in the AC clip, were a bit mean about SAHM's being lazy. I do disagree with Barbara, working moms aren't narcissistic and they do their best to put their children first. Working moms sometimes are the ones who provide health and dental insurances for their children.

Bitter/embittered = anyone who doesn't agree with her. Favorite fundie accusation of all time.

You should read Barbara's life story. Apparently she was quite the hussy when she was younger, and was messed up on drugs and booze. No bigger moralist than a reformed whore.

You should read Barbara's life story. Apparently she was quite the hussy when she was younger, and was messed up on drugs and booze. No bigger moralist than a reformed whore.

I first became familiar with Barbara a few years back when her daughter auditioned for American Idol. The audition was televised and there were clips of Maddy with the Down syndrome boys. A few months later, I was curious about what happened to some of the contestants who didn't make the top 36 and I found Barbara's blog. She also used to post on parenting message board.

I wonder why Barbara hasn't gotten that tattoo removed. I'm sure she could raise the money for it from her readers.

Keep in mind that this man is GAY! He hates traditional families! And CNN sets him up to entertain stupid Americans who would listen to the "wisdom" of an embittered gay man and a coterie of narcissistic working moms over the self-sacrificing mothers who put their families and children first.

But listen up, all you truly working moms - that is, the moms who work inside your homes to build better families, better communities, and a better country - you are answering to a higher power, not Anderson Cooper and his mindless media minions.

Right, so I work so my family is fed and that makes me narcissistic and less self-sacrificing than this stupid woman who claims to be a perfect mother (putting her children first - wtf, working moms don't put their kids first? If I put myself first, I'd stay home on my butt and do blog posts all day instead of working outside the home). But hey, she is making a hateful, stupid blog on the internet, so she's so holy. Riiiight.

Why the assumption that "gay=hates traditional families"? If that were the case, gay marriage would not matter as an issue. Gay people would not be interested in marrying and raising children. They might not emulate the worst of the traditional family structure, but they must at least like it if they want the right to marry.

edited to add: I'm shaking my head over what Barbara said, not you, Arielkay

Got to love the fact that Barbara published a book called "Reaching the Left from the Right: Talking to People Who don't think like you."

I think this post about Barbara's "theatrical, musical, whimsical" son-- whose "girlfriend" conveniently lives in London-- explains a lot about Barbara's bitterness and anger towards gay people:

mommylife.net/archives/2012/01/happy_birthday_9.html

Why the assumption that "gay=hates traditional families"? If that were the case, gay marriage would not matter as an issue. Gay people would not be interested in marrying and raising children. They might not emulate the worst of the traditional family structure, but they must at least like it if they want the right to marry.

edited to add: I'm shaking my head over what Barbara said, not you, Arielkay

This. Kind of a head-scratcher.

This. Kind of a head-scratcher.

Not really. Just lazy (or non-existent) reasoning skills.

Speaking of mah boo, he's adorable when he's a bit tipsy. He appears fairly regularly on Watch What Happens Live and gets quite silly. It's great fun to see him loosen up a bit.

Regardless of the blog remarks about AC, I think that particular show was calculated to be Jerry Springer-esque to further incite the Mommy Wars, for ratings purposes, which bothers me.

1. What is that tattoo on the mommyblogger's right hand????

2. How dare she accuse OurBoo of being a family hater?

3. Should we let the AC producers know that we found the "mommy wars" episode pedestrian and demeaning to all women, not to mention ... unnecessarily divisive?

@DomWackTroll, so good to see you here! Love what you do weekly at Datalounge!

I think it's great that Barbara adopted special needs kids, but WOW, every time I read her, that one shining aspect of her personality is eclipsed by the following realization: She really is one of the more mean-spirited, nasty fundie moms out there.

Barbara can kiss my ass. If I didn't work, then my family would have no place to live, no food to eat, and no health insurance. In fact, I drag my back side into work at 5am every day in order to get overtime so that I can afford to feed my child organic food. If I were selfish, then I'd use that extra money to give myself an exotic vacation while leaving my child in the care of a relative for a week or two every year. Or I'd use that money to buy myself a smart phone, or an LED tv, or a bookstore shopping spree. I'm in no way selfish for working and everything I do is for my son. The fact that she doesn't understand that makes her incredibly stupid and not worth my time.

1. What is that tattoo on the mommyblogger's right hand????

2. How dare she accuse OurBoo of being a family hater?

3. Should we let the AC producers know that we found the "mommy wars" episode pedestrian and demeaning to all women, not to mention ... unnecessarily divisive?

@DomWackTroll, so good to see you here! Love what you do weekly at Datalounge!

Thanks, MamaJunebug. Boy, I wish I could cover Barbara over there, but now that she's a Catholic who's posted anti-Dougie screeds, I can't classify her as "Dominionist." Damn, she's a bitch, though!

Anderson Cooper is gay? Damn. He's so hot he almost makes me want to watch TV.

It seems that the Mormon paralyzed blogger doesn't know that AC is gay. I feel kind of bad for her because she is a bit too simple minded. I have been following this blogger for awhile. She got paralyzed in accident back in 2003. She admits to being a bit simple minded and being conservative. Her married sisters are all SAHMs. I feel bad for this blogger because of her disability but in some ways she isn't likable.

paralyzedwithjoy.blogspot.com/2012/01/secret-crush.html

Here is the interview that Anderson did with his mother. It's the entire show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUzcg-tMnx8 The show was beautiful, heartwarming, and inspiring. It made me cry.

I loved that show. You could just feel the love and respect between Andy Coop and his mom. Ms. Vanderbilt has been through so much in her life, much tragedy, and remains resilient. And I just love how creative she is. If you're going to be a member of the 1% use Gloria Vanderbilt as a guide.

Archived