IGNORED

Jaunty Mountain Man visits the Sanders

clibbyjo

Did anyone notice the "mountain man" with the jaunty red scarf tied someone creatively on today's post? I could almost see Cleve wearing something like that, but he seems very "artsy" to be hanging with the Sanders. Who is he and is is a possible mate for one of the girls?

Clibby I was wondering this too. I don't know, the Sanders and Mortons mess me up with their captions that read like "Uncle Boo and Billy Boy" and "Smile atcha Sissie-Poo!" Why can't they caption normally like "A photo of Bob holding Susie, who is now six months!" I know they do it to be cute, but sometimes I swear they do it as an inside joke so we can't stay in the loop! And I must say, lately Mr. Morton has been looking quite dashing... he's reminding me of Brendan Gleeson in a few of those photos.

I don't know who the jaunty mountain man is, but the cowboy is Matt Vawser, brother of Andy Vawser, he of the not taking his wife to the hospital while in labor fame (mamant's son-in-law). In all the way from Idaho for the ball, and then a week-o-fun at the Sanders homestead.

ETA because Matt is wearing the red scarf, but I thought he was referred to as the cowboy and the other was the mountain man. Anyway. Matt Vawser is the scarf wearing dude.

That is Matthew V, younger brother of Andy V. Andy is married to Bb, who is MamaAnt's daughter. You can watch the betrothal videos with Andy and Bb and their fathers on Cap'n Bret's website. Matt is a few years younger (maybe 20ish?) and is tooootally into the cowboy western thing, in the rugged, dirty sense. Less Lawson Bates, more True Grit. It's basically cosplay. He's reeeeally into it. Well, he is from Idaho.

Also, according to the betrothal video, back in the day when the V family met the Smiths, Matt cried because he'd never met such Godly (and probably pretty) girls as the Smiths.

Previously I had my money on him and Sami, MamaAnt's second daughter. And really I still do. I can't picture him with a Sanders girl. Those other boys, maybe.

EDIT: Looks like the one with the short hair is named Michael, and the one with the glasses is Jeff. I've seen pics of Jeff and Matt together, presumably in Idaho.

back in the day when the V family met the Smiths, Matt cried because he'd never met such Godly (and probably pretty) girls as the Smiths.

oh for fucks sake...

Archived