IGNORED

Frumpers with Scarves (Scarves? Neck Ties?)

holierthanyou

I think I like the old school prairie dress frumpers better than these:

yoderfarm.blogspot.com (replace the word dot with an actual dot)

Also had some great pics of skiing in frumpers...

<>

I still keep wind out of my ears by using a scarf tied around my head lol. When I covered it was the only thing that I could wear on top of my covering without ripping out my clips.

I've hiked in snow in a skirt, no thanks lol!

I still keep wind out of my ears by using a scarf tied around my head lol. When I covered it was the only thing that I could wear on top of my covering without ripping out my clips.

I've hiked in snow in a skirt, no thanks lol!

Sorry, the word 'scarves' in the subject title was referring to the blog photo from the link, not the photo below.

Hope they have ski pants under those calico skirts.. sheesh.

Re the new style skirts.. the chick in the pink one looks good, the others, not so much.

Blake looks like he took a high dive into the shallow end of a very small gene pool. :?

I also don't know what is worse...skiing in those horrific skirts or skiing in jeans. Ugh.

I've been in the snow in a skirt once. It was last year, and we had like 3 feet of snow in one night. I wore my fleece jammie pants, a civil war pretticoat and a skirt to cover the flannel petticoat. 3 pairs of socks, and my Doc Martens. I was toasty. But that was just to shovel snow. I would have NEVER appeared in public dressed in a skirt in the snow, it just gets MESSY.

Why on earth would anyone ski in a dress or skirt? It's ridiculous.

The scarves (ties?) in the blog header look awful. I've worn headscarves before, when it's cold. I usually wear them in a similar fashion to muslim women though - sort of draped around my head - as I like them tthat way.

I've worn skirts in the snow, I did last year (2010) throughout the very bad cold snap we had here in the UK. I had long skirts, boots, tights or leggings underneath and thick socks and I was always really warm. But skiing in skirts, how do they even do that? Surely the skirt would get in the way?

Are those girls legally blind or at least colour blind? I like long, flowing skirts as the next best fundie, but these colours! And the patterns!

IT HURTS!!!!!!! :o

(Will not even start to snark on safety-issues and appropriateness of their clothing.)

So there are other people that follow the yoder blog..

does anybody know about the family? are they baptist or mennonite or anything else? Most of the posts are pictures (which is quite nice for snarking..)

I never went skiing or snowboarding, but I could never imagine doing it in a skirt like that!

I think I like the old school prairie dress frumpers better than these:

yoderfarm.blogspot.com (replace the word dot with an actual dot)

Also had some great pics of skiing in frumpers...

(image removed because I'm feeling queasy today ;) )

holier, honey, welcome to FJ -- we've started just omitting the http://www or http:// and leave the dot instead of a DOT for the ease of those of us addicted to smart Phones.

it's actually easier when using a regular keyboard, too. You just copy the link into the browser bar and the http:// automatically will appear.

thus: yoderfarm.blogspot.com

Enjoy your time here, holierthanthou! I really do appreciate the link. I just ... skiing in skirts. Why????? :?:

holier, honey, welcome to FJ -- we've started just omitting the http://www or http:// and leave the dot instead of a DOT for the ease of those of us addicted to smart Phones.

it's actually easier when using a regular keyboard, too. You just copy the link into the browser bar and the http:// automatically will appear.

thus: yoderfarm.blogspot.com

Enjoy your time here, holierthanthou! I really do appreciate the link. I just ... skiing in skirts. Why????? :?:

Sorry, I've been following FJ for two years, but I thought links to fundy blogs were still to be broken to avoid them taking down their blogs from us linking it here. I didn't realize that had stopped, my bad.

So there are other people that follow the yoder blog..

does anybody know about the family? are they baptist or mennonite or anything else? Most of the posts are pictures (which is quite nice for snarking..)

I never went skiing or snowboarding, but I could never imagine doing it in a skirt like that!

They were my gateway fundies, not sure of their affiliation, I'd say mennonite? Their oldest son and his wife seem more menno-lite than the rest of the family.

The snow would build up under the skirt and get really awkward and heavy.

I know Orthodox Jews who are skirt-only and still wear normal ski gear.

(Sorry, I've been following FJ for two years, but I thought links to fundy blogs were still to be broken to avoid them taking down their blogs from us linking it here. I didn't realize that had stopped, my bad.

No, no, you misunderstood. We still need to break links. But just remove the http://www part and leave the rest of the link.

They were my gateway fundies, not sure of their affiliation, I'd say mennonite? Their oldest son and his wife seem more menno-lite than the rest of the family.

Yes, I noticed that too. His wife also wears pants sometimes.

I've never skied before, but wouldn't be a little dangerous to have yards of free-flowing fabric around your legs for everything to get tangled up in?

Guest Anonymous

I'd love to know how/where they found a ski lodge willing to let them ski dressed like this. I should think the lodges would fear the liability.

I used to ski like this. Except my dress was plain we weren't allowed to have fun prints. It was a different time. Now there is so much with being sue- happy I doubt they would allow it. I have no idea what the policy is now though since i wear only pants now. You aren't allowed to ski with only one ski where I ski.

Looks like they are skiing in town if you observe the buildings in the background. I know small towns in NJ that have their own muni ski hills run by the parks depts. Usually they don't have lifts..

Those scarves/ties in their blog header remind me of the ties that we wore with our school uniforms in high school, but you only wore that kind of tie if you wore a sailor collared shirt. They are wearing them with the totally wrong type of shirt.

I'd love to know how/where they found a ski lodge willing to let them ski dressed like this. I should think the lodges would fear the liability.

Same here, as from what I remember, the Duggar girls had to actually wear pants when they went skiing.

Archived