IGNORED

When Did We Discuss This Woman? AmazingSix

debrand

amazingsix.blogspot.com/2011/08/who-wants-to-free-duggar.html

I don't remember her but I don't always frequent threads about individual bloggers. The comments to her article make it appear that we have talked about her before, but I really can't recall her. Who is she?

Recently I was attacked by a group called Free Jinger). I was told I am suppressed by my husband and am super protective of my friends. Well, first off, I love my husband like crazy and he in no way is a meany. He gives me lots of freedom and is a joy to be around. Now, being protective of my friends is absolutely true. The only time I ever grow distant to someone is because I feel like they might be a negative influence on my family. You are who you hang around. Birds of a feather flock together. By the way, when they say Free Jinger they mean Jinger Duggar. So you can get from that how they think big families are torturous to the children. They based a whole group off of the assumption that Jinger Duggar is a miserable teen. Never mind that she looks happy, enjoys the family, and always has something positive to say. Her attitude says it all. I guess maybe Jinger gives some people something to talk about. Like quilting is to some, bashing families is to others. I certainly don't want to free a Duggar. That's obviously a happy family that doesn't need any intervention. Maybe the focus can be on freeing kids in real broken homes with drugs, abuse, and abandonment? Maybe focusing on teens thinking about murdering their babies because someone is telling them it's just tissue? I don't know. Groups like these just baffle me that focus on happy kids in a stable home. Seems such a waste.

Did you see the picture about stealing bandwidth? Our mods are geniuses.

I am just looking over the comments so I noticed Austin telling her about the picture.

I'm beginning to realize that I need to read each and every thread on this blog. :lol: Somehow, I keep missing the good stuff.

Taryn is in fine form, I see.

Edit: Molly's carefully phrased suggestion made me grin from ear to ear.

Taryn~ May I encourage you to begin your own blog? I've read your comments here and elsewhere and you seem to have so much to share and having "Been there done that" with raising and homeschooling children I'm sure your knowledge and experience would be a great encouragement as a Titus 2 mentor to younger moms. Please tell me that you will consider it?

OMG, A Taryn explosion! I'm bookmarking the thread so I can go back later and enjoy it the way it deserves to be enjoyed!

(editing because of accidental !!eleventing!!!!)

Let's see, she loves her husband "like crazy' (read red flag) and she believes that Jinger is happy because she "looks happy", "enjoys her family" and "always has something positive to say". The problem is none of this can be ascertained to be genuine. I know people who smile through the tears, make the best of things, try to be positive in negative situations. Not to mention she is trained to show these emotions. Speaking for myself, the problem I have isn't with large families it is families that brainwash (read "train) their children to express only the emotions that are acceptable to them. Who train (read brainwash) their children to accept philosophies about life because they say so. To expect their children to live out the rest of their lives the way they would. To attempt to shield and guard their children from even knowing about an opposing viewpoint or opinion. To raise with a herd mentality of everyone should act and believe the same way and the same thing instead of raising unique individuals in a responsible manner.

Wait a second ... her husband GIVES her plenty of freedom? In other words, keeping her restrained is normative and he gifts her with some freedom? Freedom to do what? Wear her hair how she wants? To go to church and believe as she wants? To drive to the grocery store without him?

She was not even attacked. She came over here to start an argument, was pretty much ignored, and then skulked back to her blog to make up lies about us.

I think this is the thread from right after she was "attacked":

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5433

She came here to defend Zsuzsu for some reason. Virginia is not as hateful as Zsu, but she has some really stupid posts up, especially the one on birth control.

Virginia also commented on the Jeub blog recently. Apparently hubby is not really in favor of having more kids, but Virginia set him straight on that one...

If I ever use the word "meany", I want one of you to virtually slap the shit out of me. I HATE how these women have a knack for making themselves sound 6.

when they say Free Jinger they mean Jinger Duggar. So you can get from that how they think big families are torturous to the children.

Bit of a leap, isn't it? To go from 'Free Jinger Duggar' to 'big families are bad'. It's not the fact that Jichelle has popped out 19 kids that's the problem, it's the way she raises them. I don't even know why I'm complaining about this, the woman's an idiot.

Wait a second ... her husband GIVES her plenty of freedom? In other words, keeping her restrained is normative and he gifts her with some freedom? Freedom to do what? Wear her hair how she wants? To go to church and believe as she wants? To drive to the grocery store without him?

That was my thinking. To say he gives her freedom is to imply that it's a commodity over which he has command.

You took the words right out of my keyboard. I really worry about women who say things like this. If tomorrow he decides not to give her so much freedom, or becomes a "meany", what then? She's stuck with as much or as little as freedom as he chooses to give her, and that can be a dangerous thing.

She told that in the ultrasound room she could see that my husband and I DO NOT look ready to make anything permanent.

I am not trying to be snarky. How is it possible to tell that a family is not ready to stop having children based on their reaction to their ultrasound? Most people are happy to see their baby regardless if they want more or not.

She is thinking of prolonging the time between her pregnancies. However, she pretty much shot down the doctor's suggestions for preventing pregnancy. If your husband is having mixed feelings about more kids, it seems disrespectful to not take precautions against pregnancy.

I wonder if she would use NFP?

amazingsix.blogspot.com/

It seems like I love my husband a whole lot more than this woman loves hers. I would never have forced children upon him if he was reluctant. Duh! It's a lifetime commitment and a whole lot of responsibility and maybe the poor man realizes that the math won't work if his wife has a bazillion kids.

It doesn't seem very respectful to me, and I'm not remotely a submissive wife.

It seems like I love my husband a whole lot more than this woman loves hers. I would never have forced children upon him if he was reluctant. Duh! It's a lifetime commitment and a whole lot of responsibility and maybe the poor man realizes that the math won't work if his wife has a bazillion kids.

It doesn't seem very respectful to me, and I'm not remotely a submissive wife.

Yup. I wouldn't force another kid on my husband either, and I'm the exact opposite of submissive. It's kind of interesting how some of these "submissive" wives run the show, eh. They pretend its god making the demands not them.

She posted on the Jeub blog that her husband wanted a vasectomy. She talked him out of it though.

Zsu dropped her from her blog list. She must be too worldly for Zsu.

You took the words right out of my keyboard. I really worry about women who say things like this. If tomorrow he decides not to give her so much freedom, or becomes a "meany", what then? She's stuck with as much or as little as freedom as he chooses to give her, and that can be a dangerous thing.

I don't think she or her husband are that fundie. I'm not sure she is even fundie lite. She just seems a bit ignorant.

Was she the one that had a friend come and tell us how wonderful she was?

yup yup!

Archived