IGNORED

So, Dr Drew Likes Driscoll

debrand

http://kroq.radio.com/2010/02/10/loveli ... -driscoll/

Drew wrote this article praising Driscoll. No comment about the fact that Mark Driscoll thinks that masturbation equals homosexuality and that is bad.

2Isn’t it interesting no matter what your philosophy, when one works in the helping professions it is apparent to all the nature of the problem.

Pastor Mark and I were completely in sync as it pertains to the developmental events that result in common conditons. We differed in how these things should be evaluated and treated but ended up seeing eye to eye on quite a lot.

Why have a pastor on Loveline? You’ll find out by clicking more.

Simply put, Mark is famous for being outspoken and his fans follow and re-tweet nearly every quotes.

“Youre 17 years old, God probably doesn’t want You having sex, so he gave u an erection correction. You should be thankful.†-Mark Driscoll on Loveline

“I would not give him a blow-job nor a hand-job. I would leave him.â€

“You have more important things to worry about besides sex… Like learning to read.â€

Mark’s got some very funny and interesting things to say. Follow him on Twitter.

Read more: Loveline Needs A Pastor? Enter Mark Driscoll. http://kroq.radio.com/2010/02/10/loveli ... z1isjQs2PC

Really, the Dr agrees that god doesn't want 17 year olds having sex and that should be the basis of the discussion? Telling kids to not have sex often doesn't work. Teaching the boy about safe sex, contraceptives, how to respect his partner etc. would involve a deeper conversation instead of an erection correct. How the hell is that funny?

Also, Dr Drew is not at all bothered by Driscoll's view on homosexuality? Really?

http://blog.marshill.com/2010/02/10/pas ... -loveline/

Another article.

Last night Pastor Mark went where no other pastor has gone before; in the Loveline studio with Dr. Drew. Armed with his Bible, a moleskin, and a microphone, Pastor Mark answered questions live on air. Even though it was new territory for a pastor, the subject matter wasn’t. “These are questions and topics that are part of most pastors’ counselingâ€, he explained to Dr. Drew before the show.

It all turned out well, with Dr. Drew saying at the end of the show, “I think this is an upturn for Loveline. I think we actually helped some people tonight.â€

For those of you on the East Coast, the show will be on your local stations tonight. If you would like to listen online, the show will be available for free for the next 24 hours on lovelineshow.com. Keep in mind that the show contains mature subject matter and is not suitable for all audiences.

I never liked Dr. Drew and disagreed with most things he's ever said, but I never thought he was actually crazy before. If he doesn't comment on Driscoll's crazy views that homosexuality = masturbation, i have to think that he doesn't think there's anything wrong with those views. And I agree, it's stupid to tell a 17-year old not to have sex. It's better to tell them here's how you have sex safely and respect your partner in the process, and you should think about all that before deciding to have sex. Dr. Drew was always conservative, judging by his Teen Mom episodes, but this is a new level of crazy liking Driscoll.

Really disappointed about this. I have always had a lot of respect for Dr. Drew. I like the way he does the debriefing shows at the end of the "16 and Pregnant" seasons. It just doesn't make sense to me how Mark D. and Dr. D could have anything in common.

It's marketing, I bet.

Lots of people and a new demographic. Does Dr. Drew sell books or does he make money from books sold through a service he has somewhere? He probably wants to cash in on the Mars Hill crowd.

Archived