IGNORED

Pastor opens tattoo parlor inside Michigan church

doggie

this is very interesting. wonder if they only do Jesus tattoo's?

FLINT TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) - A Michigan pastor has opened a tattoo parlor inside his church.

Rev. Steve Bentley says he's doing everything he can to reach out to people who have never felt comfortable at a traditional house of worship.

Bentley's church, The Bridge, occupies 3,000 square feet inside a Flint Township shopping center. Serenity Tattoo is located not far from his office - as well as a galvanized watering trough that he uses for baptisms.

Two tattoo artists work at the county-licensed shop that is open every day except Sunday.

Bentley rejects criticism that a church is the wrong place for a tattoo parlor, calling it a "morally neutral" practice akin to having your ears pierced.

He has two tattoos.

This is funny, I was just talking about this place with two of my co-workers and we were joking about going in there and asking for a tattoo of the devil or 666. :D

I also wonder if they would reject doing tattoos of devils, naked women, and similar subjects. There are a few Christian denominations that are against tattoos and piercings, some Assembly of God churches are against any type of piercing or tattoo.

I'll get "Leviticus 19:28" tattooed on me if I'm ever in the area.

Meta!

Also awesome.

Archived