IGNORED

The Mindset To Kill - Sniper

debrand

I've gone back and forth in my mind as to whether this post belongs here or on the other board. The moderators can move it, if they want to do so.

This morning, around five, I was watching O'Reilly. They had a man named, Chris Kyle who has 150 kills to his name. He was a sniper in Afghanistan.

Anyway, he called the people he killed, savages. He wasn't referring to the Afghanistan people because he spoke about how he felt guilty he felt when he couldn't save more people, both American soldiers and Afghanistans. So, I think that he was talking about only the Taliban

What fascinated me was that O'Reilly pushed the man a little about the claim that he didn't feel guilty about killing people. Kyle answered that he had to dehumanize the people he was going to kill.

This is my connection with fundies. Much in extremest religion pushes people into us versus them categories. Humans are either real Christians are they are against Christianity. For fundies that have contact with the outside world, they temper their beliefs with pity for the nonbeliever. However, some fundie parents have managed to keep their children isolated. As those children grow up, they won't have the advantage of having met individuals who don't share their beliefs but are still moral, kind people. Dehumanizing homosexuals, feminists, etc will be easier for them.

We've already been shocked that JosiahW could defend stoning homosexuals but I wonder if such extreme views will become common among the fundie kids who remain fundie(I think that many will leave) Some of the young male fundies sound pissed off.

Do you guys think that we will hear more cases of fundie males acting out on that anger? The mindset does seem to encourage a dehumanization of people different from the fundie. I'm actually surprised that we don't have many cases of young fundie men going nuts and shooting up events.

I wonder what will happen as these young fundie men have to compete in the real world with better educated women, homosexuals, non Christians, liberal Christians etc. Will the fundie men blame their parents for their lack of preparation or will they blame outside sources such as homosexuality, feminism etc? When you add anger and poverty to a belief system that encourages them to dehumanize others, I can't help but wonder if we will see more acts of violence by fundies over time.

What do you guys think?

People who are so full of themselves like fundies won't be held back by anything if they feel that they are empowered by God himself, and they CAN do justice in this world.

It is possible, but I think more likely fundies will become more and more paranoid, hiding out in remote locations and generally avoiding the general population. This is the shift I was beginning to see when I left the inner circles a year ago. People were talking about forming community farms, moving out into the country, those in the military wanted to get out, a lot of them were encouraging the children to do things that would allow them to live a more rural lifestyle.

Honestly I think the motivating emotion behind all the fundie tripe is fear. Therefore I believe violence would honestly be a last resort for many, even some of the truly nasty ones.

I think that fundies (at least a lot of them) do separate everyone into "us verses them". If you are not a believer or not their kind of fundie than you do not exist. I think that it's kind of a contest too between fundies to see who can "out holy" the other.

It is possible, but I think more likely fundies will become more and more paranoid, hiding out in remote locations and generally avoiding the general population. This is the shift I was beginning to see when I left the inner circles a year ago. People were talking about forming community farms, moving out into the country, those in the military wanted to get out, a lot of them were encouraging the children to do things that would allow them to live a more rural lifestyle.

Honestly I think the motivating emotion behind all the fundie tripe is fear. Therefore I believe violence would honestly be a last resort for many, even some of the truly nasty ones.

Land is expensive. It might be hard for future fundies to make the move to the country.

For fundie men, another possible violence trigger might be that they are brought up to obsess over Being Manly. The kind of people who do that are more violent than most, I would reckon.

Archived