IGNORED

Grandparents celebrate birth of 100th grandchild

Maul the Koala

http://www.globaltvcalgary.com/the+gran ... story.html

GRANDE PRAIRIE, Alta. - In a season that celebrates family togetherness, two Alberta grandparents have more to celebrate than most.

Viktor and Aneta Urich of Grande Prairie welcomed the birth of their 100th grandchild earlier this month - newborn Henry Urich, ninth child of Tatjana and Heinrich Urich. Heinrich is one of Viktor and Aneta's 16 children.

How does he keep them all straight?

"Good question," laughs Viktor, 62. "Sometimes when I look, I say 'What's your name?'"

Viktor and Aneta originally come from Kazakstan, in Russia, and have lived in Canada for the last 17 years. All his grandchildren have been born in Canada and he admits Russian names are easier for him to remember than English ones.

But nobody minds when grandpa stumbles a bit over names.

"It's no problem," he chuckles.

The Guinness Book of World Records does not list a record for most grandchildren on its website. Media reports from earlier this year cited a woman from the Philippines who had 107 grandchildren and 138 great-grandchildren.

Most of Urich family lives nearby. But a clan this size has trouble finding a place to get together, Viktor said.

"I live in a small home," he said.

Mostly, they meet up outside in a park or at the local Russian Orthodox Church. That's where they'll congregate at the end of January, to have their first family gathering with the 100th grandchild.

"We will have a party in church, all people together," said Viktor. "We will pray together, a big thank-you to God."

I find this interesting because it seems like almost all the children have embraced having large families as well, rather than going for smaller families. I know an average of 6-7 children per child isn't that large, but it's still a fairly big family by today's standards. My first thought was "Wonder what the Duggars, Bateses, et al. think about this!" :twisted: I don't think they'll come close.

I need to tell my grandma about this. Maybe she can get her 15 minutes of fame? About ten years ago at a family get together we figured out she had over 260 direct descendants and there have been numerous births in the family since then. I have close to 100 first cousins on that side of the family.

My grandparents would some of that fame too (except that their both dead). They had 24 kids and the mean number of kids for the next generation is somewhere between 7 and 8. We've lost count for the third generation (and some of them will be at breeding age by now, I should imagine).

Kazak(h)stan, in Russia? Really? Way to go, Global. But congrats to the family.

I can't believe I missed that. Fact checkers are needed. I re-read and I like how the grandfather said it was easier to remember Russian names, but they named one of their kids Heinrich. :D My guess is that Viktor was a descendant of Russians purposely settled in Kazakhstan and the writer messed it up.

this is some ****d up sh**! They should make an own country... Disgusting. I have to throw up. such people are like lice to me!

Guest Anonymous
this is some ****d up sh**! They should make an own country... Disgusting. I have to throw up. such people are like lice to me!

Really? Because you wrote these comments within three hours of one another.

As long as they support themselves and don't try to skin the taxpayers, they can spew out kids like they were fly larvae and/or ask german sheperds to carry their kids by the 8ths in 9 weeks and then crap them out, IDK. As long as its them to pay for it all.

Which is it? Are people who have a lot of kids "like lice?" Or are they like "fly larvae" but you don't care as long as they don't get help from the government?

You're a poor excuse for a human being. You're not funny, you're not insightful. You just spew a bunch of disgusting word vomit no matter the topic, and it's a lucky post if you don't include homophobia and misogyny.

Sort. Yourself. Out.

You're not funny, you're not insightful. You just spew a bunch of disgusting word vomit no matter the topic, and it's a lucky post if you don't include homophobia and misogyny.

Sort. Yourself. Out.

Ignore list = +1.

These people don't offend me in the same way that the Duggars do. I don't know a lot about their lives, but I doubt they were as sheltered and isolated. They probably went to real schools and got to pick their own spouses. Although the oldest children were almost surely overworked, they probably didn't have to completely raise their siblings and they were allowed to leave at a normal age. Forgetting the name of a grandchild is sad, but it's not as bad as forgetting the name of your own kid. I doubt Michelle could name all of her kids if they weren't in age order, ridiculous theme or not.

I don't really care about you Lissar. But being a mean, hostile liar won't do you any good. Over!

Guest Anonymous
I don't really care about you Lissar. But being a mean, hostile liar won't do you any good. Over!

Sure, I'm mean sometimes. That was a mild calling out of your asshattery though, barely registering on the mean scale. Do feel free to demonstrate where I've lied, though.

Homophobia - check.

I'm so very tempted to compose a parody of that letter. Maybe I will. I'll be ashamed and embarrassed, but maybe I will. I cannot get over this overdone fake famewhoring faggotry.

Misogyny - check.

Long long time ago... I'd decided never to choose a man who has a female sibling. Sounds silly? Not to me. I know what I was doing. I could not handle the rivalry and the jealousy. So all you wimen out there... you can keep your brothers :D

Modern society... Please stop pretending that you don't know what I'm talking about. I would be a laughing stock (here's the example, or else this thread would not even exist) if I wore dresses like that. People would point their fingers and laugh out loud, call me nuts, crazy. This way, I just have to endure women's crazy jealous eyes and their disgusting husbands' look most times, bad enough. I would not judge any people, esp women who try to cover their body all the time.

As for disgusting word vomit, there's too much of that to quote, but have this for an example. This is a remarkably fucked up thing to say.

OK, I did not know any of thses series. When I tried to track him down, somebody revealed that IT was a 'man'. As for him modding toddlers and tiaras... a nasty little leprechaun in me puts images in my had of Gary watching toddlers and tiaras in his computerroom with pants down. :twisted: :roll: :whistle:

HEY! Be nice to Lissar, She didn't do anything to you!

Thanks for that, but I called her out for being a jerk. I reckon I have bigger problems if someone like that is nice to me.

Oh wow, all these efforts? Wow. I hope it was worth and proved you something. Maybe not about me, but about you. Is Brightened your day maybe, hope so. I still don't care. Really.

You're a poor excuse for a human being. You're not funny, you're not insightful. You just spew a bunch of disgusting word vomit no matter the topic, and it's a lucky post if you don't include homophobia and misogyny.

Sort. Yourself. Out.

Yup. GGC is a tool.

Sort. Yourself. Out.

Go Lissar, go Lissar, it's your birthday, go Lissar. :dance:

Yeah...GGC is the first person I've ever put on my block list. And I've been reading here a long time.

Yeah...GGC is the first person I've ever put on my block list. And I've been reading here a long time.

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking that GGC is an alter-ego for another poster :roll: (who is also on my Ignore list).

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking that GGC is an alter-ego for another poster :roll: (who is also on my Ignore list).

I keep think that too.

I think they are probably at least partially ethnic Germans. Ethnic Germans were invited to settle in the greater Russian Empire during the reign of Catherine the Great. Catholic, Protestant and Mennonite ethnic Germans created essentially German villages on the Russian steppe. They were often resented by ethnic Russians because they were usually rather prosperous. Around World War I many of them were deported to Siberia and Stalin deported most of the rest to Kazakhstan and Kyrzygstan. By the 1980s most of them had integrated more into larger Soviet Union culture and most lost the German language. I was surprised that this family was meeting at the Russian Orthodox Church but maybe they had some ethnic Russians in the family somewhere too.

Sure, I'm mean sometimes. That was a mild calling out of your asshattery though, barely registering on the mean scale. Do feel free to demonstrate where I've lied, though.

Homophobia - check.

Misogyny - check.

As for disgusting word vomit, there's too much of that to quote, but have this for an example. This is a remarkably fucked up thing to say.

Thanks for that, but I called her out for being a jerk. I reckon I have bigger problems if someone like that is nice to me.

And Lissar for the win! :clap:

I really, really want to see a picture of the drop dead gorgeous GGC who has husbands falling over themselves as she walks down the street. :lol: Um yeah, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Unless you own a hockey rink and give my husband a key for free ice time he wouldn't give you a second glace poor thing. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go throw the crumbs of my pie to the poor men who lay on my sidewalk all day and night in hopes I will stomp on them on my way to the car and make their life.... :whistle:

that sounds a lot like my grandma's family. They came over from Russia god knows when, probably right before my grandma was born, but they had tons of kids and had to leave some behind in Russia when they left to go to America. They chose a great time to come over too, right before McCarthy and the Red Scare (which explains why we were "German" and not Russian for a LONG time until I took a Global studies class in the early 00's). Babushka finally admitted that we WERE Russian, and now my brother is doing some detective work to find out where the other half of the family went.

Granted, we were not a big family but apparently big enough to be split up. AND a lot of "mysteries" were solved... like why exactly half of our home movies had people speaking Russian ("German") in them.. lol.

Did anyone see the snarky post Here:

http://jezebel.com/5872029/couple-welco ... led-future

Couple Welcomes 100th Grandchild, Offers Terrifying Glimpse Into A Duggar-Filled Future

......As strikingly large and difficult to manage as the Urich family sounds, 16 children is three less than the Duggars have now. When watching 19 Kids and Counting, it's easy to get distracted by Josh and Anna's two kids and think, "Oh, weird, Jim Bob and Michelle are grandparents, even though they're still having children themselves!" But stop and think for a second about what will happen when Jana, John-David, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joseph, Jukebox, JuicyCouture, Jezebel, Jamboree, etc. all start breeding. If they each have as many—or even half as many—kids as their parents had, we're talking about potentially hundreds of additional Duggars who could be clogging up our airwaves over the next few decades. We're going to need a whole new channel dedicated just to showing episodes of Duggars: The Next Generation.

I think they are probably at least partially ethnic Germans. Ethnic Germans were invited to settle in the greater Russian Empire during the reign of Catherine the Great. Catholic, Protestant and Mennonite ethnic Germans created essentially German villages on the Russian steppe. They were often resented by ethnic Russians because they were usually rather prosperous. Around World War I many of them were deported to Siberia and Stalin deported most of the rest to Kazakhstan and Kyrzygstan. By the 1980s most of them had integrated more into larger Soviet Union culture and most lost the German language. I was surprised that this family was meeting at the Russian Orthodox Church but maybe they had some ethnic Russians in the family somewhere too.

You just described my family! They didn't like the Russians any more than the Russians liked them and kept very much to themselves. Always referred to themselves as German, never Russian. My family wasn't any better off than others in Siberia and my grandfather managed to emigrate to the US in the early 1900s. To the day he died my grandfather did not like Russians.

I need to tell my grandma about this. Maybe she can get her 15 minutes of fame? About ten years ago at a family get together we figured out she had over 260 direct descendants and there have been numerous births in the family since then. I have close to 100 first cousins on that side of the family.

:o It's rare that I "meet" someone who has more cousins than I do!! How many aunts and uncles do you have that you got so many cousins? My dad has 9 sisters and 1 brother (poor dudes were horribly outnumbered), and from them I have over 40 first cousins. None of the kids had particularly large families of their own, however (1 aunts each had 5 kids, one aunt had only 1, and only 1 aunt had none).

Archived