IGNORED

More anti science stupidity

meda

This mommy blogger usually does not annoy me, and I like her recipes, however this bit of stupid made my eyes burn.

trinaholden.com/2009/07/travel-diaries-matter-of-perspective.html

That is the usual way to break links. Just the occasional web site (like this one) seems to require the www part as well. Personally, I think it is a plot by the right wing to make me look stupid.

I still can't get past her sentence about how she was struck by the 'propaganda' of the science center, as opposed to pure truth offered by the Creation Museum...

Sorry about the www. stupidity on my part. I thought (?) you didn't need to start with www anymore (e.g. I just type in google.com, not http://www.google.com), but apparently my tech knowledge is sorely lacking.

I just fail to have any respect for anyone who genuinely believes the world is 6000 years old. I don't care about what you believe versus what I believe, but that is just incredibly stupid.

And of course the Creation Museum, which is an oxymoron if ever there was one, is a propaganda-free beacon of truth. BARF.

I still can't get past her sentence about how she was struck by the 'propaganda' of the science center, as opposed to pure truth offered by the Creation Museum...

Don't ya know! Science was created by the liberal atheists in an attempt to created a godless society full of greed and debauchery!

What? I can't even....

People actually in the deepest of their hearts think like this? :o :shock: :?

Ok, I guess I knew it but to see it described like that has left me dumbfounded.

And her claim that it is all in the "perspective?" Sure, if you want to ignore pure, observable, proven, FACTS!

I've been to that museum. They had a very good explanation about why embryonic stem cells were more useful than adult stem cells. I think she didn't read or understand it if she thinks it's the other way around. When I was there they were also doing a Darwin exhibit so I don't know if that's still there, but I'm sure it probably pissed her off if it was.

If you get a chance to go to that museum it's really great, especially if you're lugging around kids. It's free also. Free! I loved it. 3-4 hours of my kids not bothering us in the middle of vacation for free? Epic.

I passionately hate the creation museum. And strongly dislike anybody who thinks that it has any worth.

I looked up her actual post on the creation museum and she thinks that zorses (horse/zebra hybrids) are proof that a ton of species could have come from the animals that Noah had on the ark. Bitch needs to look up hybrids and see that they're actually pretty much nonviable.

Dinosaur fossils? God put them there to test your faith - George Carlin : )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Day Three we explored the St. Louis Science Museum. I was struck by the contrast between this museum and Creation Museum. Much of the information among the displays at the science museum was pure propaganda

So...because the creation museum matches what she already believes, that makes it true? Why do people go to science museums (by choice!) if they don't want to learn anything? :doh:

I just fail to have any respect for anyone who genuinely believes the world is 6000 years old. I don't care about what you believe versus what I believe, but that is just incredibly stupid.

And of course the Creation Museum, which is an oxymoron if ever there was one, is a propaganda-free beacon of truth. BARF.

Thumbs up to this one. I am remembering a scene in Jesus Camp where a home-schooling mother is talking with her kids about those ridiculous people who believe the earth is more than 6,000 years old. :roll: Also, do not forget that Satan put those dinosaur fossils there to trick you!

I also do not understand how anyone who has anyone can rationalize creation with the way life forms (as in sperm fertilizes eggs, cells divide) or with the science of life (such as the existence of DNA and how subtle changes in it can have significant effects). If creation worked so "well" the first time around, why the heck would even God revert to such "evolutionary" methods afterward? Even if childbirth was "punishment" for sin, or something, there would be ways to get the childbirth without the fertilization, DNA, etc. And no, it does not work to rationalize it by saying "God works in mysterious ways" or "fertilization is God's way of allowing a man and his helpmeet to create loving servants of God during love". Even atheists can create a "life" with a one-night stand.

I can understand perhaps why, before we knew about DNA, or how babies were made, or knew about carbon dating, and when we believed the world was still flat, when we did not understand viruses and bacteria, or know how and why people died, people might have legitimately believed in creation. But this day and age? I just think people who still believe in creation, and dismiss evolution as a whacky "theory", are stubborn or obtuse.

I passionately hate the creation museum. And strongly dislike anybody who thinks that it has any worth.

I looked up her actual post on the creation museum and she thinks that zorses (horse/zebra hybrids) are proof that a ton of species could have come from the animals that Noah had on the ark. Bitch needs to look up hybrids and see that they're actually pretty much nonviable.

She probably thinks that horsefly were created when a horse mated a fly.

We didn't make it to all 3 floors, but I'm sure the dinosaur display was full of 'millions of years' propaganda as well. I pondered again how refreshing the Creation Museum was, coming from a Biblical perspective.

I fucking rolled my eyes when I read that quote.

Thumbs up to this one. I am remembering a scene in Jesus Camp where a home-schooling mother is talking with her kids about those ridiculous people who believe the earth is more than 6,000 years old. :roll: Also, do not forget that Satan put those dinosaur fossils there to trick you!

I also do not understand how anyone who has anyone can rationalize creation with the way life forms (as in sperm fertilizes eggs, cells divide) or with the science of life (such as the existence of DNA and how subtle changes in it can have significant effects). If creation worked so "well" the first time around, why the heck would even God revert to such "evolutionary" methods afterward? Even if childbirth was "punishment" for sin, or something, there would be ways to get the childbirth without the fertilization, DNA, etc. And no, it does not work to rationalize it by saying "God works in mysterious ways" or "fertilization is God's way of allowing a man and his helpmeet to create loving servants of God during love". Even atheists can create a "life" with a one-night stand.

I can understand perhaps why, before we knew about DNA, or how babies were made, or knew about carbon dating, and when we believed the world was still flat, when we did not understand viruses and bacteria, or know how and why people died, people might have legitimately believed in creation. But this day and age? I just think people who still believe in creation, and dismiss evolution as a whacky "theory", are stubborn or obtuse.

Well said. Honestly, if God created everything the way it is, he was a pretty sub-par creator. I'd be embarrassed to worship someone like that, quite frankly.

My sister just recently embraced this philosophy. My mind was boggled and my heart broken simultaneously; I lost all respect for her, and it kills me. I just can't fathom the ignorance and pigheadedness it takes to denounce evolution.

My sister just recently embraced this philosophy. My mind was boggled and my heart broken simultaneously; I lost all respect for her, and it kills me. I just can't fathom the ignorance and pigheadedness it takes to denounce evolution.

Holy shit. I mean, if someone is raised to believe in creation, I suppose it's one thing. But somebody denouncing evolution? Like, had she ever actually studied evolution? Did she understand it?

Because that is just mind-boggling.

I have relatives who denounce evolultion and it is hard to respect them. Some people who denounce evolution have never studied it, but there are some who have studied it.

She probably thinks that horsefly were created when a horse mated a fly.

I wonder where she thinks houseflies come from then- because I've personally never seen a house mating with anything.

Well said. Honestly, if God created everything the way it is, he was a pretty sub-par creator. I'd be embarrassed to worship someone like that, quite frankly.

That too!

Also, seriously, mosquitoes? Who the hell would create those? Answer: no one.

What frustrates me is these people look at the exhibits to discredit them and thats all. I think she is actually really insecure in her belief system because it sounded like she was trying to convince herself that she was right and science is wrong.

Oh just to let you know, Darwin was a preacher for awhile. And Gregor Mendel was a Catholic monk, the founding of genetics led to the supporting of evolution. Two men of God found the real truth.

Holy shit. I mean, if someone is raised to believe in creation, I suppose it's one thing. But somebody denouncing evolution? Like, had she ever actually studied evolution? Did she understand it?

Because that is just mind-boggling.

I have seen a couple examples of people "embracing" creationism later in life. It is bizarre, and I have to believe it is a way to compensate for other existential anxieties or something.

Another choice quote from her post about the Creation Museum:

The high quality exhibits...the sound doctrine behind each everything you see and hear eliminating the need to 'filter' stuff...

(trinaholden.com/2009/07/travel-diaries-dinosaur.html)

Hey yeah, I love my museums with lots of SOUND DOCTRINE behind them, too! Not, ya know, science or facts or anything! Filthy facts, making us have to filter stuff!

I really don't get how creationism can still be so widespread in a country that considers itself number one in the world. I don't get it. It's crazy medieval stuff. Like the earth is flat, and you get sick because you sin, and such.

Archived