IGNORED

They don't quit not even on Christmas

fundiefun

I am facebook friends with a few faux jew christians and they never waste a minute to tell all of us are doing it wrong who celebrate Christmas because Yahweh hates Christmas. These people never cease to blow my mind and I find them annoying like no other. Like they somehow are doing it better than Christians and Jews combined hello belief in Jesus is Christianity. Sorry to rant its just annoying to see all of these statuses.

oh yeah! Know what you mean! I have a Jehovah of Witness 'friend' who was saying something about the Christmas star being from Satan not God...

Doesn't Christmas has its pagan roots? I mean there was Saturnalia

Every religion steals from something else. The difference is when you know this, and celebrate the holiday anyways, because it has meaning to you. These people who are all howling about Christmas' pagan roots, what does it matter if the holiday has meaning to THEM. I mean, come on, people celebrate "festivus" even though its completely made up and secular but for them its about family time. Why can't they take the good things about it, and well, make it their own. Why do they have to worry so damn much about legalism?

Every religion steals from something else. The difference is when you know this, and celebrate the holiday anyways, because it has meaning to you. These people who are all howling about Christmas' pagan roots, what does it matter if the holiday has meaning to THEM. I mean, come on, people celebrate "festivus" even though its completely made up and secular but for them its about family time. Why can't they take the good things about it, and well, make it their own. Why do they have to worry so damn much about legalism?

They have worry so much about legalism because deep down, they are jackasses, who are only happy when everybody else is as miserable as they are. (Sorry for the language, but the mimosas and Christmas are making me think fondly off my mother, and that's how she'd respond. And you know what? She'd be right.)

oh yeah! Know what you mean! I have a Jehovah of Witness 'friend' who was saying something about the Christmas star being from Satan not God...

I actually read that in one of their books(The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived)--because the star led them to Herod, who wanted to kill Jesus, that "proves" it came from Satan.

I think legalism cultivates a soothing sort of OCD and "control" in one's life, and it comforts a lot of people when they follow their particular brand of religion to the last detail.

I am a member of the FFRF (USA) and you should see their wall. Blech. My block button has been heating up this week, to be sure.

What's funny is that Festivus was invented by a man as a way to celebrate his "first date anniversary" with his wife. It later became popular when the man's son, a writer for Seinfeld, wrote it into the script.

There's actually a book about the origins and ways of festivus, titled "The Real Festivus."

Archived