IGNORED

That Wife shows her ignorance about Judaism

pomology

Yeah, I know that is lesser than the majority of the problems with That Wife (like, you know, neglecting her child) but this made me lol.

In talking about the LDS Temple Endowment she says:

“One thing I can tell you, is that the endowment is not kept so private because it is full of dangerous, crazy, scary, or lewd things. I heard many awful rumors in high school, talk of sacrifice and nudity, and they are all untrue. The Jews have an area in their temples called the Holy of Holies which can only be entered by certain people (the High Priest) at certain times (at Yom Kippur). These limitations on admittance inside are not because terrible or strange things happen inside, but because the Holy of Holies is so sacred. I would be interested to know of other religions that place limitations on certain holy sites as well.â€

Uh, not so much Jenna. The Jews had (past tense) in their Temples (capitalized because I am not referring to Reform synagogues, but the two Temples that once stood on Temple Mount, the most recent of which was destroyed almost 2000 years ago) an area called the Holy of Holies that could only be entered by the High Priest on Yom Kippur. That was ancient history, not an active part of Jewish life today. Also, terrible and strange things DID happen inside if somebody other than the High Priest entered sometime other than Yom Kippur. Two of Aaron’s sons were killed because they entered the Holy of Holies without God’s permission. So, um, this isn’t actually at all comparable to the LDS situation. But thanks for the lulz and try to start actually taking care of your baby, okay?

Yeah, I know that is lesser than the majority of the problems with That Wife (like, you know, neglecting her child) but this made me lol.

In talking about the LDS Temple Endowment she says:

“One thing I can tell you, is that the endowment is not kept so private because it is full of dangerous, crazy, scary, or lewd things. I heard many awful rumors in high school, talk of sacrifice and nudity, and they are all untrue. The Jews have an area in their temples called the Holy of Holies which can only be entered by certain people (the High Priest) at certain times (at Yom Kippur). These limitations on admittance inside are not because terrible or strange things happen inside, but because the Holy of Holies is so sacred. I would be interested to know of other religions that place limitations on certain holy sites as well.â€

Uh, not so much Jenna. The Jews had (past tense) in their Temples (capitalized because I am not referring to Reform synagogues, but the two Temples that once stood on Temple Mount, the most recent of which was destroyed almost 2000 years ago) an area called the Holy of Holies that could only be entered by the High Priest on Yom Kippur. That was ancient history, not an active part of Jewish life today. Also, terrible and strange things DID happen inside if somebody other than the High Priest entered sometime other than Yom Kippur. Two of Aaron’s sons were killed because they entered the Holy of Holies without God’s permission. So, um, this isn’t actually at all comparable to the LDS situation. But thanks for the lulz and try to start actually taking care of your baby, okay?

AHAHAHA she's so fekking ignorant it hurts.

I'm so tempted to comment and say "CITATION PLEASE"

AHAHAHA she's so fekking ignorant it hurts.

I'm so tempted to comment and say "CITATION PLEASE"

Unfortunately, it's a really old post. But yeah, she makes me laugh.

My ex-fiance converted to mormonism to marry his first wife. So, they had the temple marriage. He said it completely weird and pretty much hilarious. His wife left the church after it, because apparently seeing her husband dressed up in an leaf apron and weird hat was pretty much a killer. Not to mention, it was all just masonic handshakes and silliness.

I sometimes feel a little sorry for LDSers, just because most of their history and faith is just so easily proven wrong. At least other religions have centuries to make things misty.

Plus, in LDS, the term "sacred" is often used interchangeably with "secret.". Everything that is sacred in Judaism and, for another example, Catholicism, is entirely open to public scrutiny--unlike what goes on in Mormon temples, which are only open to Mormons who hold temple recommends.

I have looked at descriptions of the temple marriage ceremony online. EXTREMELY weird.

Mormons try to use Judaism as a justification for a lot of the stuff they do - since they think they are descended from one of the lost tribes of Israel and all. It's really strange.

Plus, in LDS, the term "sacred" is often used interchangeably with "secret.". Everything that is sacred in Judaism and, for another example, Catholicism, is entirely open to public scrutiny--unlike what goes on in Mormon temples, which are only open to Mormons who hold temple recommends.

That's true, anyone who is invited can attend a Catholic wedding, even if they're not Catholic, but if a person converts to Mormonism and gets married in the temple, that person's entire family is banned from watching the actual ceremony if they never converted.

Archived