IGNORED

Godless Bitches

OnceModestTwiceShy

I'd like to recommend this great podcast I've just started listening to called "Godless Bitches". It's part of the family of podcasts/shows of the Atheist Community of Austin, which also sponsors the Non-Prophets and the Atheist Experience. They discuss a lot of the issues that FJians are interested in, like QF, home birth, reproductive choice, etc. They recently interviewed the granddaughter of the lady who wrote "Born in Zion", which was pretty interesting. Anyway, if you dig the atheist feminist perspective, I think you'll enjoy this one. You can find it on iTunes, Podcast Alley, etc.

I listened to a portion of Vicki's podcast from No Longer Quivering. Because her pregnancies were difficult, she and her husband agreed that three children were enough. Once they got involved in Quiverful their opinion on the subject changed.

My last pregnancy was difficult for me. There was nothing physically wrong with me, I was just exhausted. My legs ached and I couldn't sleep. Vicky said that she felt that she got nothing acccomplished during her pregnancy except the birth. My own feelings were similar. My husband insisted on a vasectomy because he thought the next pregnancy would harm me.

We've talked about this before, but it is fascinating that fundies will look to the good that happens to them as proof that they are following god. When bad things happen, they don't consider that god might be sending them a message.

We've talked about this before, but it is fascinating that fundies will look to the good that happens to them as proof that they are following god. When bad things happen, they don't consider that god might be sending them a message.

No, but they are quick to point it out in other people's lives.

Archived