IGNORED

Michael Pearl vs. The Internet

The Archivist

everythingisterrible.com, posted a mashed up video of Michael Pearl's "teachings"

GNv61rb7TNc

Well, much drama ensued...

jB4AXXQkeHo

...and I have a feeling there will be more.

It's internet vs. Michael Pearl. Who will win??

Thanks for posting this. I've appreciated the Mudbrooker's persistent efforts to go after the Pearls.

Internet vs. Michael Pearl? I think I know who'll win.

I've never seen that video of the Pearls before. I wonder how old it is. It really portrays him for what he is, a demented sadistic lunatic.

He is. As I listened to the audio clip of "Back Doors and Butterflies," I cringed. He shows how egregious a bully he really is: letting the two-year-old run in and out the back door, but, in a measured and calculated manner, hitting her legs with a belt for doing it. There are about a million ways to get a toddler to listen to you, but this is among the worst. No, Big Daddy Pearl has to hunker down and bully a baby into submission. Maybe I'm nuts, but there's no way in hell I'm going to sink down to a toddler's level. I'M the grownup, and I have the strength, love, and common sense to take care of a baby--and to differentiate myself from said baby.

And the story about the woman repeatedly beating her 21-month-old, who had had open-heart surgery two moths before, for crying instead of settling right down for a nap? There are no words. None at all.

I hope the internet beats him with CAT-5 cable.

With an RJ45 connector on the business end!

The stuff Debi says in the very beginning about the husband's authority and the mother mustn't appear to undermine that, that's exactly what my mother told me when I asked why she stood by when my father would lose his temper.

I've never seen that video of the Pearls before. I wonder how old it is. It really portrays him for what he is, a demented sadistic lunatic.

I hadn't either. I didn't realize she had such an accent. His asides to her made me squirm, and not in a good way.

Ok Im gonna admit I read Debi's Created To Be His Helpmeet. The story she tells about meeting him and getting to know him is so sweet... or at least it is to me. Maybe I read it wrong. BUT assuming I did read it correctly and it is sweet.... what happened? Was he always the way he is now, or did something happen since the sweet girlish story she tells? OR is her story really sugarcoated and hiding the truth?

*goes back to rea it again... wait, tomorrow, I need to sleep first lol(=*

Ok Im gonna admit I read Debi's Created To Be His Helpmeet. The story she tells about meeting him and getting to know him is so sweet... or at least it is to me. Maybe I read it wrong. BUT assuming I did read it correctly and it is sweet.... what happened? Was he always the way he is now, or did something happen since the sweet girlish story she tells? OR is her story really sugarcoated and hiding the truth?

After you have your beauty sleep please post back. I'm wondering what she ever saw in him.

I hate him so much! I just listened to the story about the little girl and it choked me up just listening to it. I can't imagine hitting a 25lb little girl with a belt across her legs and then hitting her again for crying. One of my favorite things about my 5 year old son is his confidence (something I'm severely lacking, he must have gotten it from his Dad). I can't imagine trying to break that. Sorry Michael Pearl...you can keep your disgusting child beating methods. I will continue to raise my sweet, creative, outgoing, brake and loveable little boy WITHOUT hitting him.

I'm sure Michael can come off as charming, and even gentle and nurturing. He's got the calm and jolly act down to a science.

We can see the slime underneath the facade. I would imagine that Debi and his followers have two disadvantages we don't have -- they see his philosophy and methods as being good and biblical, and they want to be led.

I'm sure Michael can come off as charming, and even gentle and nurturing. He's got the calm and jolly act down to a science.

We can see the slime underneath the facade. I would imagine that Debi and his followers have two disadvantages we don't have -- they see his philosophy and methods as being good and biblical, and they want to be led.

typical sociopath. any fundy girl would be easy to fool with all his leadership skills :puke-huge:

I also read the book, but my recollection of their meeting isn't all that sweet. She says that he got out of the car they were in (they used to go preaching together through church) ran around it several times, got back in and proposed. She writes very little about their "love story" and very little about the early years, except to say she made a lot of mistakes. She only slightly hints at how difficult he is.

WARNING: Armchair psychologist at work.

That is a characteristic of sociopaths. Charming as hell, grandiose sense of self (if he does it, it's "right), no capacity for empathy or guilt, blames others when things go wrong, parasitic lifestyle (expects other to support him). Fits Gabe Anast pretty well too, doesn't it?

Quite possibly Debi grew up in the shadow of a sociopath herself, so these traits were both familiar and normal to her.

You know, Debi may simply have had the hots for him. As I recall her account of their courtship in CTBHH (yes, I've read it as well as TTUAC - need to know what these asswipes are actually saying), it was love at first sight for her although it took her a while to reel him in.

I'm playing arm chair psychologist too, but I get the strong feeling from watching Debi in this video that she is an abused (at least emotionally, but possibly physically) woman. Just the way she looks up at him with, what appears to me to be, fear.

Archived