IGNORED

Remember that abuseive dad who was also a judge?

Visionoyahweh

This shoud surprise no one, at least no one in the United States. Good ole boy justice is alive and well in the great state of TX.

Thats a bar complaint an a total different creature than criminal charges. They have no choice but to dismiss it. Until there are criminal charges they dont have grounds to pull his license as he has not been convicted. Given the age of the actions and the fact that no indictment has been filed whatever grievance was brought to the bar is either premature or filed by someone with no standing.

This is the correct result at this time.

While I totally think that the good ole' boy system of justice still exists, I agree with Buzzard that the Bar didn't have much choice in this case. While it's clear that this man beat his child, there is no criminal conviction, or even criminal charges. The Bar can't just take action without something to back it up. Horrifying as that video is, it remains essentially a private family matter because charges weren't, and I believe now cannot, be brought. The Bar's hands are tied.

Weren't there stories about this judge outright dismissing claims of abusive parents in custody situations? For those who want him off the bench, I'd focus on that and attempt to build a case showing systematic bias or something of that nature, as that might be the best, and possibly only, hope to have him removed from the bench. If I were the Texas superior court, I'd be supremely annoyed b/c any custody case involving abuse allegations wherein the parents have money is going to get appealed and allege bias of some sort with this man's decisions.

Archived