IGNORED

When Spanking Turns Deadly

batwing

Just a heads up that Curvy Girl Guide did a short post this morning about the Pearls. They have a large, diverse readership so I'm hoping word trickles down to other blogs that don't normally go over this type of material.

curvygirlguide.com/parenting/when-spanking-turns-deadly

Hanna Williams' death is on the front page of the Seattle Times today.

The Pearls crappy manifest is a huge part of the story.

The more outrage, the better.

Remember the more the pearls are attacked the more some people will scream persecution and follow them even more. The attacking will only make them more sure they are right following the pearls.

So people shouldn't speak up because these loons might feel persecuted? They're going to claim "persecution" no matter what, so I think the more people that are made aware of these monsters, the better.

Remember the more the pearls are attacked the more some people will scream persecution and follow them even more. The attacking will only make them more sure they are right following the pearls.

On the one hand, I agree with you. However, perhaps a heightened awareness of Pearl's methods is beneficial to non-Pearlites.

On the one hand, I agree with you. However, perhaps a heightened awareness of Pearl's methods is beneficial to non-Pearlites.

I don't mean to say stop Just pointing out some people will think it makes their method right. I mean look at the feedback thing on amazon how all the cockroaches came out of the woodwork to defend the poor attacked pearls.

I'm glad to see more speaking out against them, but frustrated by the things that Pearl followers would instantly point out as "that's not what he wrote," and the Seattle Times making the error of saying that Pearl does not recommend withholding food.

I only had time for a quick scan, but the comments on the Curvy Girl blog, and her answers, seem to be saying "calm spanking is OK, but not in anger." Pearl would say they were on his side.

:(

So people shouldn't speak up because these loons might feel persecuted? They're going to claim "persecution" no matter what, so I think the more people that are made aware of these monsters, the better.

These people deserve to be persecuted. And prosecuted.

I don't mean to say stop Just pointing out some people will think it makes their method right. I mean look at the feedback thing on amazon how all the cockroaches came out of the woodwork to defend the poor attacked pearls.

There's nothing anyone can do about a coordinated effort by their followers. It didn't surprise me at all. We're probably not going to change the minds of anyone currently following them, but perhaps we can plant a seed of doubt in the minds of those who may come across them in the future.

There's nothing anyone can do about a coordinated effort by their followers. It didn't surprise me at all. We're probably not going to change the minds of anyone currently following them, but perhaps we can plant a seed of doubt in the minds of those who may come across them in the future.

sad but true.

Archived