IGNORED

So much for motherhood being the "highest calling"

Koala

:roll:

Kendull's daughter uses one word to describe good ol' mom: Angry.

Sorry Kendull, but if "I love the mommy gig" is what you're aiming for, you're missing the mark by just a bit :roll:

You know, I have always picked up a weird vibe from her, but I could never put my finger on it. Angry seems to describe it perfectly though. She seems to hate being a mother, so she takes it out on her kids w/ constant "discipline".

This is a quote from one of her recent posts:

This is what my time is for. Discipling my children is an all day, minute by minute affair.

As a mother, that is very hard for me to understand, mainly because I actually enjoy being around my kids.

Sometimes I think I should stop reading her blog, but it's like a train wreck I just can't seem to stop watching. :(

http://www.thefatherknowsbest.com/

Ummmm, no. I proceeded to laugh, she proceeded to cry because she thought I was laughing at her.

I'm not quite sure how she wasn't laughing at her daughter. :?:

There's also the sneaking suspicion that her daughter started crying not because she thought she was being mocked but because she suddenly realised that she had said something her mother hadn't wanted to hear, and had suffered for that crime in the past.

Kendull concerns me. The sheer loathing of her children is what comes across loudest from her blog.

Well, that and some weird Christian entitlement thing.

What a shame. I hope she finds some sort of happiness one day. Hopefully before she "disciplines" her children into straight hatred of their mother.

Well, that is certainly telling.

And at least Kendal had the guts to be honest about it, which I doubt most fundies would.

Of course, it does not reflect well on her and hers.

Perhaps is she would spend less time disciplining them and more time loving them the first thought in their mind about their mother wouldn't be how angry she is all the time.

Yeah, she is likely one of those women who if not in the lifestyle she is in, or knew that motherhood was a choice not a must, may have opted not to have kids at all, or at least stopped after one. Some people just don't have that parenting gene. I have children in my life I care a lot about and enjoy interacting with them from time to time, but I have no desire to take on a parenting lifestyle and be a mother. In many ways I feel like I got a taste of it caring for my much younger siblings and just am not interested, but there are many other factors at play for me. That is not to say I would not be a good parent, I imagine I would be, but I would not be a good ME! I don't think I would be angry, but I would probably feel resentful and somewhat trapped if I had kids. I do really wonder, therefore, if she is resentful...the kids will pick up on that (and call it anger, since young kids are not going to be pulling out the word "resentment" too often!).

Her entry from a few days ago is interesting:

"Once a lady went to visit her friend. During the visit the children of the friend entered the room and began to play with each other. As the lady and her friend visited, the lady turned to her friend and said eagerly and yet with evidently no thought of the meaning of her words: “Oh, I’d give my life to have such children.†The mother replied with a subdued earnestness whose quiet told of the depth of experience out of which her words came: “That’s exactly what it costs.â€

There is a cost of motherhood. And the price is no small sum. And if you are not willing to pay this price, no amount of encouragement about the joys of motherhood will satisfy."

I think it is completely okay not to be willing to pay that price, in my opinion. And I wonder if Kendull is only realizing a little too late that she also really is not willing to pay the price. She can't take it back now, so perhaps the above is a bit of martyrdom or such, but I cannot help but I note that in this entry she leaves it open as to whether SHE thinks the cost is worth it or not, in comparison to the joys. She makes no comment on it in relation to her at all.

Her entry from a few days ago is interesting:

I think it is completely okay not to be willing to pay that price, in my opinion. And I wonder if Kendull is only realizing a little too late that she also really is not willing to pay the price. She can't take it back now, so perhaps the above is a bit of martyrdom or such, but I cannot help but I note that in this entry she leaves it open as to whether SHE thinks the cost is worth it or not, in comparison to the joys. She makes no comment on it in relation to her at all.

I know it is just a silly story, but if she was talking to a loss mom or someone who struggled with infertility...holy insensitiviy batman.

I'll admit that I have trouble reading her blog. When I was growing up fundie, every few years or so, one of the moms would completely crack. Sometimes the whole family left the church, sometimes there was a divorce and sometimes there was just all kind of upheaval that gradually settled down again. Everything was kept very hush-hush so we never knew all the details, but there was such a sense of things being unsettled that would hover around the family and for us children, it was very confusing and upsetting. At any rate, Kendull's blog statements reminds me of comments that we would hear some of the moms in church make shortly before things would blow up. Because of those memories of things that happened to my friends, I kind of worry for her kids.

I think people get into this lifestyle because they are perfectionists with control issues.

Being a perfectionist with control issues and being a good mom are mutually exclusive, IMHO.

Archived