IGNORED

Jeeves and Wooster (with Fry and Laurie)

MamaJunebug

Anybody else in total love with that old BBC series, Jeeves & Wooster? I've dusted off my first-season DVDs and watch about twice a day. Every episode. Well, I have them on while I do other things.

IN addition to the fabulous Wodehouse story lines and impeccable acting, there is the costuming, the set design, the cinematography .... oh! It's just sublime.

I am totally tickled, today, to realize that a friend has painted her house in almost the same colors as Bertie's flat, in her attempt to sell the house. I told her the color combo was the best yet, not realizing the J&W similarity.

Fry has said that he's nothing like Jeeves, which makes his portrayal even better. Jeevesian behavior and attitude has helped get me through some recent situations which otherwise would have made me just incredibly annoyed.

That's all for now. :drool:

I just watched the first season! It is a hilarious show. I really like it. I haven't watched the other series yet, but I will once I finish Upstairs, Downstairs.

I'm so glad you like it! i need to get Upstairs, Downstairs. I wanted to watch it back in the day but never had a chance, between being a WOHM and having children who made TV-watching impossible. :D

I'm so glad you like it! i need to get Upstairs, Downstairs. I wanted to watch it back in the day but never had a chance, between being a WOHM and having children who made TV-watching impossible. :D

My parents are big fans are both and am watching both shows with them. I blame my parents for my love of British television.

Huge fans at our house. The child and I had a little discussion when she wanted to take my DVDs to college with her. I had a terrier named Bertie Woofster.

I love the show! The acting, the characters, the dialogue, the evening dress, the Jeeves *swoon*!

Have any of you read the books by Wodehouse? They're great in their own way - but this might be one TV series in which I like the book and the series equally.

Archived