IGNORED

2023 NFL Football

47of74

Well the pre-season NFL football is upon us.  Watched some of it with my brother in law this weekend. 

I have issues with NFL football in general.  Especially how wealthy owners extort obscene amounts of money out of communities with threats of moving and so on.  I mentioned that to my sister and brother in law and he said if it wasn't because the owners weren't getting enough from taxpayers the Rams would still be in St. Louis.

Beside that, I am glad they are on TV.  Especially my favorite teams.  I'm sitting at a brewery in Owatonna, Minnesota.  The fast charger isn't working so I have to use the medium charger.  In other words I have to wait longer than I wanted.  Sitting up at the bar the bar TVs had news programs on fawning all over fornicate face and the GQP.  I turned my head and saw another TV was showing the Steelers so I asked the bar tenders if she could change the bar TVs to match and shew was able to do that.  Now there's another preseason game on so hopefully they won't change the bar TVs back to f face/GQP media fawning.

Edited by 47of74

• 5 months later...

So in two weeks unruly 49er or Chiefs fans will be yelling "(49ers or Chiefs) Won the Super Bowl!"

PakersWon.thumb.png.93b3c8a53d2ff887394bacb08fcb4be6.png

At least we're not gonna get "Packers Won the Super Bowl!"  Nor Cowboys.

Of course all the fragile male conservative snowflakes are in full meltdown because the Chiefs are going to the Super Bowl given Taylor Swift's association with the team.

• Upvote 2

Keith Olbermann discussed some of the reich wing nutjob conspiracy theories on today's podcast.  One of them was that Kelsey and Swift would endorse President Biden at halftime in two weeks.  I doubt very much that would happen.  If anything I would hope at halftime he would drop to his knee and present Taylor with a ring.  I would ❤️ to see the reich wing meltdowns if that happened.

• Upvote 2

To a conservative which is worse, the Chiefs winning the Super Bowl or the 49ers winning because San Francisco is the most liberal city in the world and is home to Nancy Pelosi.

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

To a conservative which is worse, the Chiefs winning the Super Bowl or the 49ers winning because San Francisco is the most liberal city in the world and is home to Nancy Pelosi.

For this reason alone, I hope ratings are sky high.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

The 49ers QB is a pretty Jesusy guy. He looks like a Blockbuster Store Manager.

But honestly, I just hope Taylor Swift's boyfriend has fun.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, SPHASH said:

As you can probably guess from above, I had a which is worse scenario during the playoffs a few weeks ago when the Packers were playing the Cowboys.

• 2 weeks later...

There are pictures from the Taylor Swift/Kelce suite of the Kelces meeting John McCartney.  There is a picture of Ed Kelce and John shaking hands.  That is just wild to me. 

The start of the game was slow unless you are a fan of defense and punting.  It did get exciting at the end.  I don't have a favorite NFL team.  There are some teams I don't cheer for but they didn't play yesterday so I didn't really care who won.  But I sure was nervous the last half of the 4th quarter and then in OT. 

I am so glad the NFL changed the OT rules. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, TN-peach said:

There are pictures from the Taylor Swift/Kelce suite of the Kelces meeting John McCartney.  There is a picture of Ed Kelce and John shaking hands.  That is just wild to me. 

The start of the game was slow unless you are a fan of defense and punting.  It did get exciting at the end.  I don't have a favorite NFL team.  There are some teams I don't cheer for but they didn't play yesterday so I didn't really care who won.  But I sure was nervous the last half of the 4th quarter and then in OT. 

I am so glad the NFL changed the OT rules. 

To be honest, I was super tired I went to bed before the game was over.  I was hoping the Chiefs would win but wasn't sure they could pull it off.  I checked the score at about 10:30pm central and was pleasantly surprised to find they had won.  Especially it got the Branch Trumpvidians so mad.  

• Upvote 2

On 1/31/2024 at 10:08 AM, keen23 said:

The 49ers QB is a pretty Jesusy guy. He looks like a Blockbuster Store Manager.

But honestly, I just hope Taylor Swift's boyfriend has fun.

Brock Purdy's brother played at Nebraska before taking off for the transfer portal for the second time. His name is, I kid you not, Chubba. He was named Preston at birth, but was a chubby baby. At the time he came to Lincoln, he said he intended to legally change it to Chubba. No idea if that's been done or not.  But really???? 

Given how Jesus-y his brother is, I'm a bit surprised he bailed on Coach Matt "right this way for swimming pool baptisms" Rhule. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Brock Purdy's brother played at Nebraska before taking off for the transfer portal for the second time. His name is, I kid you not, Chubba. He was named Preston at birth, but was a chubby baby. At the time he came to Lincoln, he said he intended to legally change it to Chubba. No idea if that's been done or not.  But really???? 

Given how Jesus-y his brother is, I'm a bit surprised he bailed on Coach Matt "right this way for swimming pool baptisms" Rhule. 

Just remembered too that after the Packers were eliminated some people in Wisconsin were rooting for the Chiefs because former Badger Leo Chenal is a linebacker for the Chiefs. 

It's not a bad way to start a career.

Former Wisconsin Badgers star linebacker Leo Chenal is now 2-for-2 in Super Bowl-title seasons, winning another ring with the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday night in the 25-22 victory over San Francisco.

Chenal made his presence felt, too. He finished with six tackles, including a tackle for loss, and forced a Christian McCaffrey fumble on the first possession that gave the Chiefs the ball at their own 27-yard line. Though Kansas City ultimately punted, a promising first 49ers drive was sunk.

Chenal also tackled 49ers receiver Jauan Jennings for an eight-yard loss in the third quarter and made one of the plays of the night in the fourth, when he blocked an extra point by San Francisco's Jake Moody with 11:22 to go.

Of course Chenal got a bit overshadowed by all the pissy Branch Trumpvidians upset about a teammate's girlfriend but he did play an instrumental role in winning Sunday night.  Plus he now has two Super Bowl rings.

Christian McCaffrey's younger brother also played at and transferred from Nebraska. 

These were reasons not to root for the 49ers even if I were not already a Chiefs fan. I'm more than over the cult of Nebraska football which is damaging in so many ways especially to the players and never ending carousel of coaching staffs. And the evangelical flavor of the current staff (head coach considers himself responsible for players' spiritual lives) along with the general douche vibes from the newest head coach isn't helping.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Christian McCaffrey's younger brother also played at and transferred from Nebraska. 

These were reasons not to root for the 49ers even if I were not already a Chiefs fan. I'm more than over the cult of Nebraska football which is damaging in so many ways especially to the players and never ending carousel of coaching staffs. And the evangelical flavor of the current staff (head coach considers himself responsible for players' spiritual lives) along with the general douche vibes from the newest head coach isn't helping.  

In my family us cousins all have our own NFL teams we're fans of and like to rib other cousins about their fandoms.  (Cowboys, Steelers, Bears, 49ers, Vikings, etc).

Personally, for me I am a fan of da Bears!  (Polish sausage, Ditka, Ditka, Bears.....). My one cousin is a Packers fan.  After her came triplets and one of them is a big 49ers fan.  So the rest of us cousins are all on board giving him some good natured ribbing this week.  Of course since I'm a Bears fan to be realistic they probably won't be Super Bowl LIX winners but I can always hope. 

(And actually I root for SKOL as long as they're not playing the Bears and especially if they're playing the Pack).

Edited by 47of74