IGNORED

2022 Baseball

47of74

The High-A minor league team in Cedar Rapids is doing tryouts now for people wanting to sing the national anthem.

I just hope they don't pick this person.

• Haha 2

Looking forward to the season and I’m glad the lockout is finally over. Still riding on the high of my Braves winning the WS, yet mourning losing Freddie Freeman to the Dodgers. He’s been the face of the team ever since Chipper Jones retired. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I can’t say I’m too happy with the Yankees’ offseason moves.  I hated to see Gio Urshela go—he’s a solid defender at multiple positions—and while I agree that it was probably time to part with Gary Sanchez at catcher, unless they swing a deal, that leaves Kyle Higashioka to start(I like him, but he’s strictly a backup at this point).  Plus we need starting pitching.  I hope that doesn’t involve trading Gleyber Torres.

• 4 weeks later...

I’m watching Yanks-O’s, and although I agree that every player/coach/manager wearing #42 is a wonderful tribute to Jackie Robinson, it sure makes it hard to tell who’s who.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, smittykins said:

I’m watching Yanks-O’s, and although I agree that every player/coach/manager wearing #42 is a wonderful tribute to Jackie Robinson, it sure makes it hard to tell who’s who.

We’re watching the Mariners, and I had that same thought.  It is a great tribute, for sure.  :baseball3: 

• Upvote 2

Yeah I’m enjoying this since I’m a Cubs fan and my brother is a Pirates fan.

16EBE37E-8C33-411C-855B-3E7635741A4E.thumb.jpeg.3e9902d511f30d18972fcbc7c562009c.jpeg

His wife is also a Cubs fan so it’s very much house divided.  She’s raising good Cub fans though. 

Edited by 47of74
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

@47of74, my late husband was a Mets fan, so the 2000 World Series was WAR at our house! :pb_lol:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Pittsburgh Pirates were no-hit by the Cincinnati Reds, and they still won(via three walks and a fielder’s choice in the eighth inning).

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Meanwhile in Louisville, Kentucky....

Biting my tongue to keep from making a smart ass remark.

• 1 month later...

Just gonna set this right here....

CubbiesWin.png.8c6f5a339437116c3da8a3ea0c87da93.png

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Aaron Judge hits #62!
The Yankees better re-sign him or I’m gonna be seriously pissed.

• Upvote 1

Mariners made it to the post-season for the first time in forever.  So of course one of my favorite players got hurt stealing second base last night and is out for the playoffs.    

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Mariners are now out, having lost 1-0 to the Houston Astros in 18 innings!  It was fun while it lasted.  I'm out of town, but I could see how bad the air quality was due to the forest fires.   Now that the Mariners season is over, guess I'll have to watch those Yankees!    

• Upvote 1