IGNORED

Man leaves 5-star Yelp! review for successful hit on ex mistress

Howl

This "hit" close to home so I have to share it.  Charles Maund is a big name in car dealerships here in Austin, TX and I take my car to Charles Maund Toyota for service. 

Erik Maund, grandson of Charles and an executive in Maund Automotive Group, was indicted yesterday for murder for hire. 

Erik (46) lives in Austin and is married, but at some point began an affair with Holly Williams (33) of Nashville.  The affair may or may not have been over, but prior to a visit to Nashville, Erik texts with Holly.  Holly's "estranged" boyfriend, William Landfield, finds out.  Lanfield then decides to extort Erik Maund by threatening to expose the affair. 

Erik counters by contacting a company in Austin specializing in extortion issues, Speartip Security.  Speartip employs former military guys and the owner, Gilad Peled, is former Israeli military something something.  

Erik Maund pays Speartip to threaten and intimidate the couple, but at some point things get very dark and Speartip carries out a double hit for $750,000.

Lanway and Williams are found kidnapped and shot to death in Holly Williams' Acura near a construction site in Nashville.  

It becomes apparent that Speartip is good at carrying out a hit, but terrible, awful, absolutely no good at covering their own tracks or advising their client to lay really, really low. 

I want to state up front that I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP!   After the hit,  Erik Maund leaves a 5-star review on YELP! for Speartip, under his own name"Speartip is very professional and on top of it. They get the job done in an expedited time. Couldn't imagine using anyone else!!'

I'm assuming that at this point the cat is out of the bag and Erik Maund's wife, kids, family, business associates,  and everyone else on the planet knows because the whole thing is being widely reported in local, US and international news, including obscure news outlets in India. 

It's a Federal case. "On Tuesday, federal prosecutors asked that Erik Charles Maund not be released on bond as he is considered to be a flight risk who may 'attempt to obstruct justice.'" 

I'm assuming that "attempt to obstruct justice" would refer to the possibility that Erik Maund might hire people to assassinate witnesses. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • WTF 10
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

• Howl changed the title to Man leaves 5-star Yelp! review for successful hit on ex mistress
23 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Mostly surprised I'm not reading this in the Florida Man thread

Well it is Texas Man of course.  Texas Man and Louisiana Man often seem to be doing stupid things to knock Florida Man out of first place in the dumb fornicate contest.

• Upvote 7

33 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Well it is Texas Man of course.

Texas Man has his own unique style: being really really rich, paying a huge amount of money to do a horrible thing, wiring the hit money (easily traceable) and uh, writing a Yelp! review under his own name.  I'm also wondering if Speartip operatives let their business identity be known to the victims.

As someone on twitter noted re: Erik Maund:  "what some men will do to avoid going to therapy." 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 6

14 minutes ago, Howl said:

Texas Man has his own unique style: being really really rich, paying a huge amount of money to do a horrible thing, wiring the hit money (easily traceable) and uh, writing a Yelp! review under his own name.  I'm also wondering if Speartip operatives let their business identity be known to the victims.

As someone on twitter noted re: Erik Maund:  "what some men will do to avoid going to therapy." 

Actually it was a Google review, which was pretty much the same thing.  I'm surprised this moron didn't try going through rent a hitman dot com to find someone to do his dirty work for him. 

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, 47of74 said:

I'm surprised this moron didn't try going through rent a hitman dot com to find someone to do his dirty work for him. 

It would have been a lot cheaper!  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1