IGNORED

Some Place Under Neith Podcast Series on IBLP

TurtleBelly

I have been listening to the "Last Pod on the Left" for awhile. The three hosts cover topics such as the occult, supernatural events, serial killers, and more. The ones I've listened to most are about cults and religious movements. They do good research, plus two of them are comedians, so they riff on their topics in an informative and hilarious way. I've listened to their series on the history of Mormonism twice now. 

Anyway, in March their Last Pod Network introduced a new podcast; their trailer states,  "Welcome to Some Place Under Neith, a new true-crime podcast focusing on Missing Persons cases, hosted by Natalie Jean (Stunt Woman, Producer) & Amber Nelson (The Brighter Side)." Their angle is societal forces that can lead to women losing rights and going missing, such as controlling and patriarchal religion. They are wrapping up a multi-series run on the origins of the IBPL and the Josh Duggar scandal, and it's fascinating. 

It's so crazy how this group advocated things like grooming women, gaslighting them about abuse, not teaching them about their own bodies and sexuality, scaring them about the outside world, and avoiding "ebil gubmint"  involvement to the point of not always getting birth certificates or SS cards for kids even.

I've read (mostly lurked) FJ for years now, and thought I knew a ton about the IFB and IBLP, yet I still learned tons of new facts about the organization, its founder Bill Gothard, and the Duggar scandal timeline. I searched FJ and didn't see it mentioned yet, so I figured I'd share it as a resource. I think other FJs will be intrigued by this series.

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 11
  • Love 1

Thanks for mentioning this.  I'm always looking for a new podcast to listen to during my daily walks.

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, TurtleBelly said:

"Last Pod on the Left"

I can't find it.  Would you double check the name?  Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Look for "Some Place Under Neith."

(Last Pod on the Left is the parent company)

5 hours ago, gustava said:

I can't find it.  Would you double check the name?  Thanks.

Last Podcast on the Left

• Upvote 1

Thanks! I hadn't heard of this. I love Last Pod (though if you're first hearing about it here, it's... definitely not for everyone) and a deep dive on IBLP sounds great.

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Some Place Under Neith Podcast Series on IBLP