IGNORED

New Botkin Blog Post

AnonyGirl

Has anyone seen this yet? visionarydaughtersdotcom/2011/10/our-egyptian-adventure

This post just struck me wrong. I would probably describe myself a fundy-lite, but I didn't like this post.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isaac is their brother, right? So he gets to go to Egypt and the girls part of the adventure is to do all his research, photoshopping, paperwork, etc. from the comfort of their daddy-supervised home?

Though we didn’t get to be on the trip this time, this was our part of the adventure: We got to help man Mission Control and the snazzy project website while he and his team were on the ground in Egypt
Rip off.

Also this bit:

Isaac was about to take a big step, a bold risk, a fearless stand, and we didn’t want to miss that for the world! If Isaac was going to stand inside a mosque and call Muhammed a false prophet, and denounce Statism in front of the giant pillars at Karnak, we, for one, wanted to be on his home team.

Wow. Lack of respect much? He is going to a foreign country, uninvited, and plans to enter their religious building and denounce their deity??? I'm sure they would love it if a Muslim came to their church and spat on their bibles.

What a self-centred bunch of idiots.

Isaac is their brother, right? So he gets to go to Egypt and the girls part of the adventure is to do all his research, photoshopping, paperwork, etc. from the comfort of their daddy-supervised home?

Rip off.

Also this bit:

Wow. Lack of respect much? He is going to a foreign country, uninvited, and plans to enter their religious building and denounce their deity??? I'm sure they would love it if a Muslim came to their church and spat on their bibles.

I also found this self centered and disrespectful! Twits!

It struck me wrong too. They seemed just so pleased to provide tech support and be research assistants to the "man's world" -- a special privilege of being to delicate to be directly involved by actually traveling to a foreign country.

They also seem so proud of the idea that their brother (a real brother, or a church-brother?) would be bold enough to denounce the dignified religion in a sacred space of a country where he is a guest. Who wants to bet he was a weenie and went to the tiniest little neighborhood mosque and waited until it was dead empty to say his piece!

That reminds me, I always wondered where the Noors are from? could they be Egyptian? I don't remember if it's ever been discussed here or on the old forum.

That reminds me, I always wondered where the Noors are from? could they be Egyptian? I don't remember if it's ever been discussed here or on the old forum.

I believe the Noor's father is Egyptian, but their mom is American (she's very white and blonde)

The Noors are either Egyptian or of recent Egyptian descent. It's been discussed pretty thoroughly, here. The "search" option at the top of the pages is pretty decent if you're interested in referencing more info.

That's exactly what disturbed me. Why can't they go? Why are they always just tech support? Or better yet, why can't they work on their OWN project? Why do they always have to play second fiddle to their brother's projects??!

They seemed just so pleased to provide tech support and be research assistants to the "man's world" -- a special privilege of being to delicate to be directly involved by actually traveling to a foreign country.

I've traveled internationally multiple times, with NO MALES along! Talk about amazing. And yes, I lived and did a great job on my own. I've traveled more than most of the boys in my family. So there!

I'm also going to college to pursue what I feel I need to do with my life. Not what my brother is doing, or my Dad, or anyone else. Why is that so wrong?

Would he like it if a Muslim entered a Christian church and denouced their religion? No, he'd be screaming persecution. What a douche.

I don't believe for a second Isaac did that. He'd be dead had he done so, and it'd be all over the news.

I agree.

Also this bit:

Hello, this is a country that just had a civil uprising and only last weekend experienced battles between the military and Coptic Christians. This is the kind of thing that sets off rioting. I wish I could cuss out this dumbass kid (and it would be difficult to avoid smacking him a few times for sheer stupidity). What, the Muslim Egyptians already think Americans are "crusaders," you want to give them MORE ammunition?! Do you know what "international incident" means, Isaac Botkin?! Or did you think Jeebus (not to be confused with that guy in the Gospels) was going to protect you while you were playing at provoking persecution?!

So much more I could say here, but I'll shut up.

ETA: I don't think he did anything of the sort. It's probably like those book bags the VF people had when they visited Rome. If Isaac had done anything of the sort, we would be hearing about it in a big way. But of course he can tell his buddies in the very rarefied circles he runs in that he confronted the ebil, "santanic" religion of Islam. Even the lying makes me want to scream.

The Rudolph claymation movie has a scene where Rudolph's dad tells Rudolph's mom who wants to help look for Rudolph "No! You stay here. This is man's work!".

It is often edited out these days. But it appears that this nicely sums up the Botkin attitude (and of other fundies).

I want to know where their church is so I can take a stand and shout, from the center, that there is no god and they worship a myth; a bastardized version of the myth at that. I will do so while wearing jeans and a hoodie, with my divorce (freedom) papers in one hand and a bottle of beer in the other. I'd tell them how they are persecuting me by attempting to infiltrate the government to create laws based on their myth that hurt me and remove my freedoms.

OK, I wouldn't do that. I wouldn't bother.

But damn. The arrogance and stupidity is mind boggling.

I don't believe the Botkin boy did that - but in a way I wish he would have so that someone would have taken him out.

I want to know where their church is so I can take a stand and shout, from the center, that there is no god and they worship a myth; a bastardized version of the myth at that. I will do so while wearing jeans and a hoodie, with my divorce (freedom) papers in one hand and a bottle of beer in the other. I'd tell them how they are persecuting me by attempting to infiltrate the government to create laws based on their myth that hurt me and remove my freedoms.

OK, I wouldn't do that. I wouldn't bother.

But damn. The arrogance and stupidity is mind boggling.

I don't believe the Botkin boy did that - but in a way I wish he would have so that someone would have taken him out.

I seem to remember a lot of conservative Christians coming unglued because One.Church.In.Michigan was "invaded" by Teh Ebil Ghey People after Prop 8 passed. (I was never able to get clear if this incident actually occurred or if it was Christian Urban Legend.) But going into a mosque and telling the people there (who are PRAYING) that they worship a false god and all that, that's perfectly OK. *rolls eyes/shakes head*

I don't believe for a second Isaac did that. He'd be dead had he done so, and it'd be all over the news.

I don't believe he did it because I don't believe, but I openly heard such statements for. Other American tourists when I was there in 2010, so I disagree with your assessment,

I don't believe he did it because I don't believe, but I openly heard such statements for. Other American tourists when I was there in 2010, so I disagree with your assessment,

I just thought of something...it's not likely that Isaac learned anything in Arabic to say in the mosque, so he probably went in, shouted "Jesus is Lord!" and left. The people there probably muttered, "Crazy foreigner" and went back to what they were doing.

I just thought of something...it's not likely that Isaac learned anything in Arabic to say in the mosque, so he probably went in, shouted "Jesus is Lord!" and left. The people there probably muttered, "Crazy foreigner" and went back to what they were doing.

I wonder what mosque he did it in. Many are not open to non Muslims. If he did it in the Mohammed Ali mosque there are so many tourists goi g through there I bet it happens every single day. We saw/heard lots of so sad all these people are lost comments when we visited it.

He isn't a special bigot like he thinks he is. He is a run of the mill American bigot.

It wasn't really an assessment, it could or could not happen. I figured if it was during the turmoil that was going on, people might be riding on overly-high emotions making it more possible. If it isn't likely, I take that as good because while I don't think he'd deserve much less for such blatant, confrontational disrespect, I do like to think that people are better than that and better than him although there are parts of me that wouldn't blame drastic over-reaction. It was definitely a statement based on speculation.

It wasn't really an assessment, it could or could not happen. I figured if it was during the turmoil that was going on, people might be riding on overly-high emotions making it more possible. If it isn't likely, I take that as good because while I don't think he'd deserve much less for such blatant, confrontational disrespect, I do like to think that people are better than that and better than him although there are parts of me that wouldn't blame drastic over-reaction. It was definitely a statement based on speculation.

Most of the turmoil between the Coptic Christians and Islamic Egyptians is driven by a small amount of Egyptians and some outsiders. Most Egyptians understand the impact that killing a tourist, no matter how rude, would impact tourism and thir livelihood.

No matter how charming or pretty some fundies may seem, they are truly ugly on the inside where it counts. Whether Isaac did it or not, the desire was there I am sure and the bragging about such disgusting hatred is on their blog for all the world to see. Sadly, most readers are probably getting the racist jollies tickled by the Buttkin Sisters.

ETA, clearly I mean loyal Botkin readers and yes, I know the Buttkin Sisters name is childish.

No matter how charming or pretty some fundies may seem, they are truly ugly on the inside where it counts. Whether Isaac did it or not, the desire was there I am sure and the bragging about such disgusting hatred is on their blog for all the world to see. Sadly, most readers are probably getting the racist jollies tickled by the Buttkin Sisters.

ETA, clearly I mean loyal Botkin readers and yes, I know the Buttkin Sisters name is childish.

i like the name, they are truly buttheads and worse!

Archived