IGNORED

RIP Carman

Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing

Wow, that's still fairly young. This is the first time I heard of someone passing from complications of hernia surgery, though I am sure it has happened. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Wow, that's still fairly young. This is the first time I heard of someone passing from complications of hernia surgery, though I am sure it has happened. 

I believe he also had cancer (myeloma, first diagnosed in 2013, recurred in 2020). I don't know if that contributed to the complications or not. I hope his wife and step kids (and grandkids I believe?) are getting whatever they need, hopefully in a socially distant manner.

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan changed the title to RIP Carman
I saw him live as a kid. In retrospect his music was horrid.

Agree on both counts, but wow was I a huge fan as a kid. I don’t know him to be horrible, so I’m going to hope he rests in peace.
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Destiny said:

Agree on both counts, but wow was I a huge fan as a kid. I don’t know him to be horrible, so I’m going to hope he rests in peace.

I don’t know about him personally but I am recalling the cheesy videos and the weird spoken word raps of the late 80s! 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I don’t know about him personally but I am recalling the cheesy videos and the weird spoken word raps of the late 80s! 

I found his style goofy but fun in the 90s, but when I listened to something of his a few years ago, I felt a bit embarrassed for my 90s self. (I liked Carman, but I was always more of a rock fan; so Petra, Third Day, Audio Adrenaline, etc.) I always assumed that one reason his concerts were always so full was because they didn't require a paid ticket. So, a fun outing for a youth group, or a group of friends. Even when I made a donation, it was probably less than most concert tickets would cost.

I sounds like I'm damning him with faint praise if I say that at least he didn't have any scandals. But considering how many "big" names in Christian evangelical ministries end up being exposed as embezzlers, sexual abusers, or some other awful thing, it's something. I hope he rests in peace.

• Upvote 3