IGNORED

Bowling

47of74

Looking forward to rolling there 

Round Two is Dave’s and his wife Tracie’s second shot at owning a bowling alley after their previous business, Cascade Lanes & Lounge, and an attached Happy Joe’s Pizza suffered heavy damage in a fire in August 2019.

The new 17,500 square-foot facility has 12 bowling lanes with the option of closing off four of the lanes to be used to host private parties. The room closes by lowering a large barn door and two garage-like doors that roll down from the ceiling.

“That was a must-have at all the bowling alleys,” Dave said.

Before deciding on the location and layout for Round Two, the Petteras drove from Nebraska to Michigan and anywhere in between looking for ideas and designs for their new business, Dave said. Many of the games found inside the arcade are akin to what can be found at Disneyland or the Wisconsin Dells. The most costly was the Virtual Reality game Virtual Rabbids.

And I shall of course report back on the experience too.  I bowled at their previous place too in 2016.  That was right before they updated their scoring system which was lost a few years later.

(Of course once my niece is old enough I’ll be taking her there to introduce her to rolling.  Especially on Saturdays). 

There are still some classic bowling alleys in Austin, but the most classic one (Dart Bowl, 32 lanes + cafe), also famous for its Tex Mex enchilada plate, has closed permanently due to COVID. 

Edited by Howl