IGNORED

Diamond Painting

Curious

Have any of you tried the diamond painting kits?   I have been studiously ignoring them since I first saw them, but so many people in the coloring community are getting into them now.   I saw one that I liked but didn't want to spend $45 so trotted off to amazon and found one for a more reasonable $12.99 that I decided to try for one of Mini Fluffy Bunny's christmas presents. 

I just started it yesterday and I am really enjoying it.   I find I get the relaxation effect like I do with coloring because I have to really think about the "drill" placement.   

This might be a great option for those of you that are worried about "ruining" a picture or not being able to make color choices.

I've watched a few videos on Youtube and a lot of people order from aliexpress.com.  I know a lot of people order art supplies from there and wish.com.   I've ordered from wish before with good luck.   I checked out the pricing at aliexpress and it's quite reasonable.   I will probably order my next one from there.  Reading reviews for each "shop" there is very important if you do try them out.

There are several "shops" on aliexpress where you can use your own picture to create one.  There are some review videos about different shops on YT and there is a rating system.   Depending on how long it takes me to complete this first one (and I think I've sped up a bit since I first started already), I might order a custom one of my husband's beloved papillon who passed away a few years ago.  I can work on it while he's at work and keep it a surprise, I think.

Edited by Curious
riffle
  • Thank You 1

I bought one on amazon the other day to test, but it's not here yet. I meant to link you one the other day, and shiny things attacked and I never did.

• Upvote 1

I'm enjoying it.  It's just the distraction I need right now because I have to focus enough my mind can't wander, but it's not as stressful as some other hobbies because the colors are already chosen and I'm just filling in the blanks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BN1W32Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I saw this one and thought it would be really cute for the baby's nursery.  They love cats.  I love butterflies and it's got a soft fantasy feel.

• Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.