IGNORED

Store forced to close after owner's Nike-Colin Kaepernick protest backfires

47of74

Nike's 2018 "Just Do It" campaign, which featured Colin Kaepernick, drew competing reactions from both sides of the political spectrum when it debuted last fall.

For Colorado Springs' Prime Time Sports owner Stephen Martin, it meant dropping all Nike gear. Now, his store is closing.

Martin told koaa.com that he will close the sports apparel store after 20 years because he can no longer afford his lease. He blamed his protest of Nike for playing a major part in the store's closure.

Martin said he's the only full-service, licensed fan shop between Castle Rock and the New Mexico border. Despite having all 32 NFL teams' apparel in his store, he doesn't have any current players' jerseys because of his decision to drop all Nike apparel.

He can go fornicate himself.  He made his bed, time to lie in the goddamn thing.

He blames it on Nike having a monopoly, not on his own dumbass decision. No sympathy, because he learned nothing.

He has nobody to blame but himself. Make stupid business decisions, live with the consequences. I do feel sorry for his employees. I hope than can find better jobs.

Meanwhile, everyone is over it.  His stance didn't hurt Nike, just his own self.  Hahahaha, love it. No one fell for it harder than that guy, I guess. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived