IGNORED

Chris Hanson busted for passing bad checks

47of74

Get the snark ready folks

"To Catch a Predator" host Chris Hansen was arrested Monday after he allegedly wrote bad checks to a vendor he owed money to, according to police.

Hansen turned himself into the Stamford Police Department in Connecticut after a warrant was issued for his arrest on a felony charge of issuing a bad check, Stamford Sgt. Sean Scanlan said.

In summer 2017, Hansen bought about $13,000 worth of promotional items, like hats, shirts and mugs from a local company, and paid for them with a check that bounced, Scanlan told NBC News.

"The owner and Hansen go back and forth for a period of time," and in April of 2018, Hansen gave the business owner another check, Scanlan said. That one bounced, too.

55 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

With all of the "me too" creeps being outed, I'm just glad this wasn't another story about a celebrity committing a sexual offense against another person. 

At first I thought it was one of the Hansen brothers, but then realized who it was.  I've always liked Chris Hanson.

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

The TV show?

Is it still on?  If so, I'd expect the producers to be paying for promotion of it - with checks that don't bounce.

Archived