IGNORED

Kidist Asrat banned from AGM

BlackberryGirl

Kidst Asrat, the self hating Ethiopian immigrant living in Canada is finally blogging again. Her December posts include an offical letter from Mandy Salter, director of the Art Gallery of Mississaugua, informing Asrat that she is no longer permitted on gallery property and will be charged with tresspass if she comes onto the facility. 

She hadn’t been blogging for quite some time but her hateful rhetoic is just as appalling as before.   God what a miserable creature. 

https://reclaimingbeautymain.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2018-12-21T03:55:00-08:00&max-results=10&start=10&by-date=false

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to clarify - her first name is spelled Kidist. I believe it's a pretty common first name in Ethiopia.

Thanks for the update. I check in on her blog infrequently, and hadn't been aware of this latest little drama. I've always believed Kidist is seriously mentally ill.

She has long been besties with Laura Wood, AKA The Thinking Housewife. If you're looking for a double dose of crazy, spend some time on both their blogs. Just make sure you have an ample supply of brain bleach on hand.

16 minutes ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Just to clarify - her first name is spelled Kidist. I believe it's a pretty common first name in Ethiopia.

Edited the topic title so the google bots can do their thing!

What a disgusting but sad figure she is. 

I took a quick visit to the art museum’s website, and will bet my next Social Security check that she lost her $#!+ over the drag performers conducting a storytime program for kids.

8 hours ago, Hane said:

I took a quick visit to the art museum’s website, and will bet my next Social Security check that she lost her $#!+ over the drag performers conducting a storytime program for kids.

Now I wish my town had something like that. Sounds totally fun! 

@Lisafer, it seems to be a growing thing, intended to help teach children tolerance and inclusivity.

I forgot about Kidist. Wasn't she also banned from a ballet school? I remember several years back an FJer from Canada knew someone who encountered Kidist at a lecture and she took up a lot of Q&A time. 

2 minutes ago, Hane said:

@Lisafer, it seems to be a growing thing, intended to help teach children tolerance and inclusivity.

Oddly enough, one of the most well-known local figures in Branson wears and performs in drag quite frequently...I am endlessly amused by this fact, considering how "traditional" and "conservative" this whole area is! He came to my wedding, but wore normal clothing so as not to shock all the church folks! I admire him so much for being himself in such an uptight Bible Belt area.

I got totally off track there...

Oh man, Kidist, my favourite enigma!

My fave of her opinions: She's Ethopian, which is really Caucasian in her mind because...reasons. She doesn't believe Asian people are good musicians (?!?! So many famous Asian musicians out there!) She's all about "reclaiming our Western Civilization." Violence against women is rife in immigrant communities because immigrants don't assimilate, except that women are equally violent and arranged marriages are just fine and it's better to stay with your abuser than to have to government agencies (what?)!  Apparently Toronto is awful because it's multicultural but she lives right by the Eaton Centre (or wait, in Mississauga, one of the most diverse suburbs ever?) because...reasons!

I'm kind of hoping she dyes her hair blonde and marries a white supremacist, just for the lols. Maybe change her name to something whiter-sounding like Kimberly? I mean, she seems so invested in erasing her own identity, why not go the whole way? (OK, not really, no need to magnify the crazy/dangerous.)

All that said, it does strike me as tragic that Kidist is so into assimilation yet apparently hates the multicultural society she's tried to assimilate into and doesn't seem like she has actually assimilated. Does she have friends?

ETA: Of course she's a holocaust denier.

ETA2: Her nostalgia for her British-style (?) school in Ethiopia sort of reminds me of my Guyanese uncle's nostalgia for his. He really liked his classics-based education and is now a retired and well-read engineer. Of course he's also not a crazy-pants and does not hate the Indian and Guyanese cultural influences in his life.

37 minutes ago, precious blessing said:

Hoooooly shit, kind of wish I hadn't gone down this rabbit hole. She makes me physically ill.

Her entry on Killing Eve is amusing but profoundly offensive:

https://reclaimingbeautymain.blogspot.com/2019/01/bowing-to-ancestors-and-killing-eve.html

Wow. This entire thing is completely ridiculous. "Firstly Oh is the one "killing Eve," the Western, Christian Biblical female." ... No, Sandra Oh IS Eve - she is playing the character named Eve. Jodie Comer is playing the assassin trying to kill Eve. Kidist, did you mix them up because Sandra Oh is Asian and you just can't comprehend that an Asian woman might be your "Western, Christian Biblical female"? Beyond the blatant racism, the gall to write a scathing critique of a tv show when you haven't even bothered to research who plays the main characters is mind-boggling.

57 minutes ago, BlackberryGirl said:

She seems to be getting worse. 

If she is really mentally ill, I'd feel bad snarking on her. Does she ever indicate that she has an illness?

7 minutes ago, Lisafer said:

If she is really mentally ill, I'd feel bad snarking on her. Does she ever indicate that she has an illness?

As far as I remember, no, she didn't.   

I think we can still snark on her shitty beliefs - mental illness is not an excuse, right? She sounds exactly like a radicalized white supremist guy who ends up shooting up a bunch of minorities. (Hopefully she's not violent but she's certainly got the rhetoric down.) I don't know if anyone classifies those people as mentally ill?

I don't think her intelligence/reading comprehension (yes, I realize they're not the same) is great though she fancies herself intellectual. She reposted "anti-Christmas messages" from public figures including the Ontario Human Rights Commissioner saying "Merry Christmas to all who celebrate." Um, she said Christmas. Are you mad that she's not forcing it on non-believers, Kidist?!

Behold her WTFery as she attempts to comfort a white boy surrounded by (gasp!) POC at Square One. Only to be devasted that he's there for a HIP HOP COMPETITION. Hand me my faintin' vapours! What a race traitor!

' "Are you here by yourself?" I gently asked this boy, who bravely sat amidst this sea of black, brown and yellow faces, looking like an angelic apparition, like a visitor from another world. He had slightly wavy gold blond hair.'

Let me go barf a bit. https://reclaimingbeautymain.blogspot.com/2018/12/from-nothing-to-hip-hop.html

I kind of remember her.  I don't think she has friends, although she might think she does, but they're probably online people who don't know her.  There was something she posted a few years ago about coming to the US to meet up with a group of people that she felt shared her beliefs, but she has so many odd beliefs, I don't know what she was talking about.  Probably didn't happen.

I also remember her posting about taking a book to a cafe and ordering a glass of wine to drink while she read.  The waitress brought her the wine and later another glass of wine from the same vintner.  Poor waitress thought Kidist would enjoy sampling the new wine, so she gave Kidist one on the house.  IIRC, Kidist was incensed that a lowly server would presume to approach Kidist without being summoned and actually attempt to anticipate what Kidist would like.  Dear Kidist went home and wrote a strongly worded letter to the manager of the cafe demanding an apology and the firing of the waitress.

It should be noted that at the time she herself was working as a clerk in a shop in the local mall and had many unkind things to say about her customers, her fellow employees, and the merchandise, which she made sound like it was intended for stupid tourists and people who couldn't afford anything better than dollar store stuff.

There was some speculation that Kidist was possibly being kept to a budget by circumstances and family members.  She lived alone, but someone with her delusions of grandeur and inability to get along with people seemed to indicate that someone was overseeing her in some fashion.  A brother was mentioned as being sort of in charge of her to some extent.  

58 minutes ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

I think we can still snark on her shitty beliefs - mental illness is not an excuse, right? She sounds exactly like a radicalized white supremist guy who ends up shooting up a bunch of minorities. (Hopefully she's not violent but she's certainly got the rhetoric down.) I don't know if anyone classifies those people as mentally ill?

It's not an excuse for shitty beliefs, but if she literally had diagnosable schizophrenia or paranoia or a delusional disorder...I'd have just a touch of sympathy for her lonely, horrible life. If she's just an asshat, well then. 

I don't know why I find certain people so snarkable (like Bro Gary) and others just sad and unpleasant. Kidist is sad and unpleasant and hateful. 

17 hours ago, Hane said:

That would actually be very fun.  I have heard of Drag Queen Bingo in places, which I think would also be fun.  The Equality Center in Tulsa may have the bingo.

I had never heard of her so I looked at her blog.  She sounds pretty disgusting, frankly.

I cannot believe this is the first time she has been banned from something, the awful beast.

22 hours ago, Hane said:

It's a wonderful program, but I also gigglesnort about the double meaning of "teaching kids to read". 

51 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

It's a wonderful program, but I also gigglesnort about the double meaning of "teaching kids to read". 

Spoiler

dkKevo3.gif

Any chance to post Miss Bianca.

I hadn't thought about Kidist in a long time, and was reminded of her recently, while reading the posts about Zsu assuming the person to whom she complained due to her bigotry agreed with her. That "uh-huh, OK ma'am, thank you for warning us . . . here's the door" reaction seems to happen to Kidist a lot.

Wonder why. ?

Archived