IGNORED

Chicago Mercy Hospital Shooting

47of74

Another shooting

Four people were killed, including a doctor, a first-year pharmacy resident and a Chicago police officer, after an active shooter incident at a South Side hospital.

Chicago police responded to the scene at Mercy Hospital and Medical Center at 2525 S. Michigan Ave. for reports of shots fired just before 3:30 p.m. Monday. The incident started with gunfire in the parking lot before moving into the hospital.

The gunman was killed, but it was unclear whether he died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound or gunfire from responding officers. The gunman has been identified as 32-year-old Juan Lopez of Chicago.

The officer was initially in critical condition but later died, according to CPD spokesman Anthony Guglielmi. The officer, identified as Samuel Jimenez, was 28 years old and had just completed his probationary period. Jimenez left behind a wife and four children.

And I found out one of the victims was a very distant relative of mine. 

Fuck the NRA.

When does it end?  This can not keep happening.  It's heartbreaking.

I want to ask the NRA if they still think doctors should "stay in their own lane" now?

When does it end?  This can not keep happening.  It's heartbreaking.
I want to ask the NRA if they still think doctors should "stay in their own lane" now?

I think we all know the answer to that. The NRA is a soulless abomination and each every member should go straight to fucking hell.

Archived